Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bryan Addison, 4* 2018 WR/S, Gardena (Serra), CA (Offered 5/16/17)

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    dtd said:

What a fucking idiot. If you're gonna go to some mediocre program with lesser academic prestige you better at least go to a school with a bunch of bad bitches walking around in short shorts year round.

Sidenote: Oregon is taking a million WR's and DB's. On top of adding Addison to their 2018 class they want to take FIVE WR's and FIVE DB's this class while taking one, maybe two offensive lineman. My fucking head would explode if this was the case with UW recruiting but quooks love it. I've been told Oregon is going to be the Alabama of the West.

Oregon's WR situation is shit. The #3 was playing safety this time last year. They took some nobody grad transfer to shore up depth and he's probably going to start. Of course they need WRs you bleeding rag.

They took 5 OL last year, have 15 on the roster, and don't lose a single one to eligibility this year, and they want to take 3 more this cycle. I bet 18 OL on roster would put Oregon in the high 90s percentile in CFB.
    Outside of Sewell the four other offensive lineman they took last class are trash you bleeding rag. In two cycles Oregon is getting maybe two quality lineman and clogging up their depth chart with shit. Whoever is the next head coach in a couple years is gonna be fucked with the O-line dreck he inherits.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dtd said:

What a fucking idiot. If you're gonna go to some mediocre program with lesser academic prestige you better at least go to a school with a bunch of bad bitches walking around in short shorts year round.

Sidenote: Oregon is taking a million WR's and DB's. On top of adding Addison to their 2018 class they want to take FIVE WR's and FIVE DB's this class while taking one, maybe two offensive lineman. My fucking head would explode if this was the case with UW recruiting but quooks love it. I've been told Oregon is going to be the Alabama of the West.

Oregon's WR situation is shit. The #3 was playing safety this time last year. They took some nobody grad transfer to shore up depth and he's probably going to start. Of course they need WRs you bleeding rag.

They took 5 OL last year, have 15 on the roster, and don't lose a single one to eligibility this year, and they want to take 3 more this cycle. I bet 18 OL on roster would put Oregon in the high 90s percentile in CFB.
    Outside of Sewell the four other offensive lineman they took last class are trash you bleeding rag. In two cycles Oregon is getting maybe two quality lineman and clogging up their depth chart with shit. Whoever is the next head coach in a couple years is gonna be fucked with the O-line dreck he inherits.
    Keep movin them goalpoasts!
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

dtd said:

DPOTW X 2
  • Options
    dtd said:

dtd said:

Keep movin them goalpoasts!
    The goal posts never move. You wanna win you have to recruit elite talent in the trenches. A million WR's and DB's are useless if you ani't got it in the trenches. The Helfrich/Greatwood O-line recruits are better overall than the fat slop Mario's bringing in. Good luck with those guys and a bunch of nobodies on the D-line. I'm sure Ware-Hudson and Andrew Faoliu are the next Buckner and Armstead.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    We are taking 4 WR and will add a 5th if we get the right guy. It’s what we need. We are taking 3 OL and 5 DL. Again, it’s what we need.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

Good get for Oregon. Can someone explain how a school he never considered/visited skyrocketed to #1 out of the blue? Particularly one of zero tradition or academic precedence? Is there an explanation beyond promised starting time or getting paid?

He has close relationships with both Donte Williams, who was his recruiter at Nebraska and the only reason he visited that corn shithole, and Keith Heyward, who is a buddy of his 7on7 coach. The little bros in Corvallis and Jonathan Smith were fools for not hiring Heyward as their DC.
  • Options
    Justin Johnson is already looking good. Bathke already bailed. Capra is going to get buried. Sewell is the crown jewel of our entire class. Only can recruit so many of those guys. Juco kid in our current class is a monster.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    lawsandl said:

We are taking 4 WR and will add a 5th if we get the right guy. It’s what we need. We are taking 3 OL and 5 DL. Again, it’s what we need.

We?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Good get for Oregon. Can someone explain how a school he never considered/visited skyrocketed to #1 out of the blue? Particularly one of zero tradition or academic precedence? Is there an explanation beyond promised starting time or getting paid?

He has close relationships with both Donte Williams, who was his recruiter at Nebraska and the only reason he visited that corn shithole, and Keith Heyward, who is a buddy of his 7on7 coach. The little bros in Corvallis and Jonathan Smith were fools for not hiring Heyward as their DC.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    lawsandl said:

So they're gonna sign 5 defensive lineman and Ware-Hudson is the best they can do? So now they're gonna clog up the D-line depth with more shit. Nice.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    lawsandl said:

So that's 12 or 13 spots to those positions. 7 commits so far at other positions gets you to 19 or 20. How many do you anticipate taking in the class?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Seems like many of you aren't familiar with Donte Williams.

He was at Arizona for a year and got verbals from a bunch of four star SoCal kids (#CaliZona) who all left as soon as he ditched Arizona for Nebraska (#CaliBraska).

He will leave Oregon as soon as a better opportunity arises. Caveat emptor to any kid that commits to him instead of a program.

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

I support our bagmen
  • Options
    dnc said:

lawsandl said:

So that's 12 or 13 spots to those positions. 7 commits so far at other positions gets you to 19 or 20. How many do you anticipate taking in the class?
    I expect a full class.

lawsandl said:

So they're gonna sign 5 defensive lineman and Ware-Hudson is the best they can do? So now they're gonna clog up the D-line depth with more shit. Nice.
    Hudson-Ware, Poti, Sorrells likely commits (composite 94), and hopefully a bell cow. I am throwing Townsend in there. All in all probably end up with 5 in the 90-91 composite range.