Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

#9 Alex Cook

123457»

Comments

• Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Holy fuck you are a weirdo. Creating a total fantasy persona online just make yourself feel better about your pathetic life.

It amuses me you think I'm lying.
    It amuses me that you are that delusional.
    I don't care what you think or believe. I'm black. I'm tall. I'm sexy. I love myself and wouldn't have it any other way.
    Really sounds like you are trying convince yourself!
    No need. I am who I am. It's weird you care so much and seemed bothered by it. Short white guy? Maybe fat? Feeling insecure?
    I'm no rocket surgerist, but StrongArm has some sort of complex. Oedipus?
    Which dad did he kill and which did he fuck?
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2019

Bread said:

Jomon Dotson lead the Nevada DBs in tackles, PD, and interceptions. I'd call that a success.

I'm an old ass grad student at Nevada. I went to the first half of the Oregon State game and then proceeded to ignore the football team the rest of the season. I didn't even know this. That'd be legit if he made an NFL roster.

Go Pack (basketball).
    Ts and Ps to life in Nevada. My most fulfilling and enjoyable job ever. We got the first returning populations of Lahontan cutthroat spawning into the lower Truckee and Lake Tahoe since the late 1930s. They've continued to successfully recruit for the past decade.

After 3 years living in Red Hawk, and another 2 in Incline Village... we got the fuck out of dodge. Working downtown was enough for my wife.

The air of desperation throughout NV is real. Cannot escape it.

But there is 24 hour booze, prostitution, gambling, and free reign to mine wherever and however you like. So they got that going for them...which is nice.

Also, NV is the only place I've been openly bribed after working throughout the US in similar capacities for the past 2 decades.

A lot more livable if you're single, however.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,019
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    MisterEm said:

Bread said:

Jomon Dotson lead the Nevada DBs in tackles, PD, and interceptions. I'd call that a success.

I'm an old ass grad student at Nevada. I went to the first half of the Oregon State game and then proceeded to ignore the football team the rest of the season. I didn't even know this. That'd be legit if he made an NFL roster.

Go Pack (basketball).
    Ts and Ps to life in Nevada. My most fulfilling and enjoyable job ever. We got the first returning populations of Lahontan cutthroat spawning into the lower Truckee and Lake Tahoe since the late 1930s. They've continued to successfully recruit for the past decade.

After 3 years living in Red Hawk, and another 2 in Incline Village... we got the fuck out of dodge. Working downtown was enough for my wife.

The air of desperation throughout NV is real. Cannot escape it.

But there is 24 hour booze, prostitution, gambling, and free reign to mine wherever and however you like. So they got that going for them...which is nice.

Also, NV is the only place I've been openly bribed after working throughout the US in similar capacities for the past 2 decades.

A lot more livable if you're single, however.
    Where the fuck is Red Hawk? The golf course?

Reno is great and I ain't single. Why are thousands of Californians moving here every minute? I agree that working downtown wouldn't be fantastic. These Nevada stereotypes are perfectly fine with me. Stay away!
  • Options
    dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

guntlove said:

Surprise surprise. Another WR recruiting failure. Skill position players switching sides almost never works out. He'll probably transfer after next season.

We also took him over Bryan Thompson and he recorded one career reception for us. Good job guys.

Next time before you post a comment like this, I want you to read through it and really think about what you're saying, then stick you dick in a pencil sharpener.
    Not sure there's a pencil sharpener on the planet that's big enough. How bout I stick it in your girl instead?
    Micro-penis confirmed.
    Yeah sure. I'm the one 6'6 black dude on the planet with a micro-penis. You caught me.
    Not once in the history of the internet has an actual 6’6” black man had to tell people that he’s a 6’6” black man. This level of angry and unhinged is new even for you.
    So, what do internet black guys sound like?

Epidemiology superiority guy incoming...

Personality disorders such a NPD occur at a FAR higher rate among the black population than other groups. 13.5% of black males have NPD compared to 6.2% of the general population. More than one in eight. Sociopathy occurs at a far higher rate. Legacy of slavery and all that great parenting to thank. (dont get me started on reparations).

The media black folk you are exposed to and project when you think of black folk are not representative. They are a fiction to put money in the pockets of white executives and investors. (except Tyler Perry - he puts the money into his own pocket).

Who fucking cares what race he is. Rather, care about the content of his asshole online character.

(make me want to put all four of my hands on somebody)

------------------------------

When the Negro was in Vogue, Lanston Hughes

White people began to come to Harlem in droves. For several years they packed the expensive Cotton Club on Lenox Avenue. But I was never there, because the Cotton Club was a Jim Crow club for gangsters and monied whites. They were not cordial to Negro patronage, unless you were a celebrity like Bojangles. So Harlem Negroes did not like the Cotton Club and never appreciated its Jim Crow policy in the very heart of their dark community. Nor did ordinary Negroes like the growing influx of whites toward Harlem after sundown, flooding the little cabarets and bars where formerly only colored people laughed and sang, and where now the strangers were given the best ringside tables to sit and stare at the Negro customers--like amusing animals in a zoo.

The Negroes said: "We can't go downtown and sit and stare at you in your clubs. You won't even let us in your clubs." But they didn't say it out loud--for Negroes are practically never rude to white people. So thousands of whites came to Harlem night after night, thinking the Negroes loved to have them there, and firmly believing that all Harlemites left their houses at sundown to sing and dance in cabarets, because most of the whites saw nothing but the cabarets, not the houses.

Some of the owners of Harlem clubs, delighted at the flood of white patronage, made the grievous error of barring their own race, after the manner of the famous Cotton Club. But most of these quickly lost business and folded up, because they failed to realize that a large part of the Harlem attraction for downtown New Yorkers lay in simply watching the colored customers amuse themselves. And the smaller clubs, of course, had no big floor shows or a name band like the Cotton Club, where Duke Ellington usually held forth, so, without black patronage, they were not amusing at all.

Some of the small clubs, however, had people like Gladys Bentley, who was something worth discovering in those days, before she got famous, acquired an accompanist, specially written material, and conscious vulgarity. But for two or three amazing years, Miss Bentley sat, and played a big piano all night long, literally all night, without stopping--singing songs like "St. James Infirmary," from ten in the evening until dawn, with scarcely a break between the notes, sliding from one song to another, with a powerful and continuous under beat of jungle rhythm. Miss Bentley was an amazing exhibition of musical energy--a large, dark, masculine lady, whose feet pounded the floor while her fingers pounded the keyboard--a perfect piece of African sculpture, animated by her own rhythm…

But when the place where she played became too well known, she began to sing with an accompanist, became a star, moved to a larger place, then downtown, and is now in Hollywood. The old magic of the woman and the piano and the night and the rhythm being one is gone. But everything goes, one way or the other. The '20s are gone and lots of fine things in Harlem night life have disappeared like snow in the sun--since it became utterly commercial, planned for the downtown tourist trade, and therefore dull.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I’m into this move. Losing Joyner was a big deal. Getting Cook who was a great safety in high school fills the void on the depth side and likely gives him a better shot at playing time since DBs are rotated so heavily.

Word is that Spiker really came on at the end of the year in practice. With no WR leaving except maybe pounds, and with Bynum Lowe Spiker and Osborne still in there playing time would be tough. WR in this system aren’t utilized the same way DBs are.
  • Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited January 2019

I’m into this move. Losing Joyner was a big deal. Getting Cook who was a great safety in high school fills the void on the depth side and likely gives him a better shot at playing time since DBs are rotated so heavily.

Word is that Spiker really came on at the end of the year in practice. With no WR leaving except maybe pounds, and with Bynum Lowe Spiker and Osborne still in there playing time would be tough. WR in this system aren’t utilized the same way DBs are.

I think we need Lowe at RB. I guess we'll see if Salvon can be something more than Dwayne Washington 2.0 but I have my doubts.