Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

#9 Alex Cook

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Imagine how much easier it must be to process the Defensive playbook after a couple of years fumbling through the UW pre-snap route tree.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Bread said:

Jomon Dotson lead the Nevada DBs in tackles, PD, and interceptions. I'd call that a success.

Wow, I legit had no idea. TIL.

I wonder if he could make an NFL roster.
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dennis making some good points as he often does. Cook did have pretty good tape both ways, and we all know we vastly overrecruited the WR position.
    Someone send him an invite

Yeah would be cool if he posted here. I feel like he could be a valued contributor.
    Get on your burner accounts. Right now. Tweet at him. Do it. It matters.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,119
    Founders Club
    edited January 2019
    Bread said:

Jomon Dotson lead the Nevada DBs in tackles, PD, and interceptions. I'd call that a success.

I'm an old ass grad student at Nevada. I went to the first half of the Oregon State game and then proceeded to ignore the football team the rest of the season. I didn't even know this. That'd be legit if he made an NFL roster.

Go Pack (basketball).
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Bread said:

I'm a old ass grad student at Nevada. I went to the first half of the Oregon State game and then proceeded to ignore the football team the rest of the season. I didn't even know this. That'd be legit if he made an NFL roster.

Go Pack (basketball).
    You guys killed us last night 100-60. Jesus fuck we are literally awful at everything.

At least we? have the best facilities in the MW!
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 2019

Bread said:

I'm a old ass grad student at Nevada. I went to the first half of the Oregon State game and then proceeded to ignore the football team the rest of the season. I didn't even know this. That'd be legit if he made an NFL roster.

Go Pack (basketball).
    You guys killed us last night 100-60. Jesus fuck we are literally awful at everything.

Fuck yeah we did. I'm the definition of a fair-weather Nevada sports fan though. If the basketball team sucked like the football team I would pay zero attention.

I actually got accepted to Colorado State and Wyoming. Almost went to CSU but the distance from Fort Collins to home in Seattle and the cost of living led me to Reno. Fort Collins is the shit. Reno is too. Laramie not so much.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

If you think Psalm was actually going to ever see the field on offense when he’s too dumb to know what outside contain is you’re stupid. Moving him was a huge success filling an absolute need from the worst recruiting we may have ever seen in this graveyard of shit recruiting and roster management.

But oh that’s right who gives a fuck about this let’s just fucking watch the kid play and hope that Pounds (and hopefully Baccellia) decides to fucking grad transfer and gtfoh. This is what happens when you don’t recruit depth.

It’s hilarious how Strong arm complains about this of all things even though he was trying to say those North Shore kids are better than Titus Toler and Noa Pola-Gates just because we gave them non committable wait until we say so offers two weeks before signing day. Maybe if we stop singing KPatts & North Shore kids to 17-18 person classes we wouldn’t need to move players from their original positions. But please tell me more about how we should take the next Gronk who Chip is even worried about taking and two DBs we won’t even allow to visit unless 5 other DBs go somewhere else.

You're such a fucking bitch and your perspective is fucking retarded.

Anybody who puts Psalm and "huge success" in the same sentence is a massive fucking idiot. That's not a success story. He had a net negative effect on the defense. You and others a just a bunch of circle jerking fags arguing just to argue and backing each other up for more chins and validation. "Ooh another opportunity to disagree is Strongarm, let me get these easy Chins from all these other fags." You're fucking pathetic.

Yes, I'm complaining about yet another WR recruiting failure. Why wouldn't I? Do you like shit WR recruiting? Cook was a nobody recruit. UW beat nobody impressive to get him. Those North Shore kids you're looking down on have offers from UW, Utah, TCU, and USC. Outside of USC, those are elite college football head coaches offering them. Their stock has sky rocketed since their Senior seasons have ended. One is already headed to TCU and the other is still deciding where he'll go for his last visit. He just got an SC offer but he'll probably go to Utah and be another really good defensive player for them. UW has Turner and Williams ahead of him on the board but he certainly doesn't suck.

Patterson has offers from UW, UCLA, and Bama. He showed no interest in Bama and UCLA you dumbfuck. Not the other way around. Those two elite coaches were hoping to get a visit out of him and he said no thanks. He's either going to UW or Air Force. He's serious about the possibility of a military career after school. He's not some scrub who doesn't have great options. Watch the film of any of them and they're all very good prospects. The North Shore kids are way better DB's than Cook was in high school. More speed, more athleticism, more ball production. Either of those guys would fit in talent wise with our secondary.

It's un-fucking-believable that you've had five years to watch this staff recruit and still don't understand that a shit load of guys that were offered early are then later passed on. If UW wanted Toler, he was there's for the taking. He didn't have enough ball production in his film. If they wanted Pola-Gates they could have certainly beaten shit Nebraska for him. They barely recruited him. Based on his recent actions it appears he's not an OKG. Loved recruiting and playing games with people too much. He's a fuck boy. UW saw that after getting to know him and dropped him rather quickly after offering. If he was so good he wouldn't be going to Nebraska.

Cook is a Dawg as of right now and I hope he becomes a great safety for us. I just don't think that's likely to happen and I think it's likely he transfers.
  • Options
    Founders Club

If you think Psalm was actually going to ever see the field on offense when he’s too dumb to know what outside contain is you’re stupid. Moving him was a huge success filling an absolute need from the worst recruiting we may have ever seen in this graveyard of shit recruiting and roster management.

But oh that’s right who gives a fuck about this let’s just fucking watch the kid play and hope that Pounds (and hopefully Baccellia) decides to fucking grad transfer and gtfoh. This is what happens when you don’t recruit depth.

It’s hilarious how Strong arm complains about this of all things even though he was trying to say those North Shore kids are better than Titus Toler and Noa Pola-Gates just because we gave them non committable wait until we say so offers two weeks before signing day. Maybe if we stop singing KPatts & North Shore kids to 17-18 person classes we wouldn’t need to move players from their original positions. But please tell me more about how we should take the next Gronk who Chip is even worried about taking and two DBs we won’t even allow to visit unless 5 other DBs go somewhere else.

Anybody who puts Psalm and "huge success" in the same sentence is a massive fucking idiot. That's not a success story. He had a net negative effect on the defense. You and others a just a bunch of circle jerking fags arguing just to argue and backing each other up for more chins and validation. "Ooh another opportunity to disagree is Strongarm, let me get these easy Chins from all these other fags." You're fucking pathetic.

Yes, I'm complaining about yet another WR recruiting failure. Why wouldn't I? Do you like shit WR recruiting? Cook was a nobody recruit. UW beat nobody impressive to get him. Those North Shore kids you're looking down on have offers from UW, Utah, TCU, and USC. Outside of USC, those are elite college football head coaches offering them. Their stock has sky rocketed since their Senior seasons have ended. One is already headed to TCU and the other is still deciding where he'll go for his last visit. He just got an SC offer but he'll probably go to Utah and be another really good defensive player for them. UW has Turner and Williams ahead of him on the board but he certainly doesn't suck.

Patterson has offers from UW, UCLA, and Bama. He showed no interest in Bama and UCLA you dumbfuck. Not the other way around. Those two elite coaches were hoping to get a visit out of him and he said no thanks. He's either going to UW or Air Force. He's serious about the possibility of a military career after school. He's not some scrub who doesn't have great options. Watch the film of any of them and they're all very good prospects. The North Shore kids are way better DB's than Cook was in high school. More speed, more athleticism, more ball production. Either of those guys would fit in talent wise with our secondary.

It's un-fucking-believable that you've had five years to watch this staff recruit and still don't understand that a shit load of guys that were offered early are then later passed on. If UW wanted Toler, he was there's for the taking. He didn't have enough ball production in his film. If they wanted Pola-Gates they could have certainly beaten shit Nebraska for him. They barely recruited him. Based on his recent actions it appears he's not an OKG. Loved recruiting and playing games with people too much. He's a fuck boy. UW saw that after getting to know him and dropped him rather quickly after offering. If he was so good he wouldn't be going to Nebraska.

Cook is a Dawg as of right now and I hope he becomes a great safety for us. I just don't think that's likely to happen and I think it's likely he transfers.
    You lost me at ball production.
  • Options

Surprise surprise. Another WR recruiting failure. Skill position players switching sides almost never works out. He'll probably transfer after next season.

We also took him over Bryan Thompson and he recorded one career reception for us. Good job guys.

Curious, what is your list of players to evidence this? Jomon Dotson? I don't remember many position players switching sides over the years but Curtis Williams, Donald Jones, and Tommie Smith stand out as success stories. Wooching started for a playoff team, hard to call that a failed position change. Who else has failed?
    Jomon Dotson and Psalm Wooching are the only ones during the Petersen era and both sucked. Where's your evidence of the times it has worked out during the Petersen era? Oh that's right, there is none so the facts are on my side. Regardless of the secondary being a bit thin at safety, Jimmy Lake has recruited safeties with far better safety film than Cook had coming out of high school. He hasn't played DB in two years. It's unlikely he's gonna go over there and beat guys out for significant playing time. I get called a doog but that's some doog shit. He'll probably suck and transfer after next season. I'm being realistic here.
    1. You didn't say shit about "under Pete", you just said skill players switching sides almost never works out.

2. Your basing this massive opinion on a sample size of two? Seriously?

3. One of those two stuck it out and started a full season, there's no possible way you can call that failed position switch. That shit worked out. Well.

4. You forgot John Ross who switched sides, played extensively (and immediately) to help a thin position, then switched back when the numbers were back up.

5. You *are* a major doog. MAJOR.

#FOURYEARSOFHIGHSCHOOLUNDERHISBELTOSSAICENTERSPEEDSPEEDSPEEDBESTPLAYERONTHEFIELDNUFFSAIDABOUTTHATNEWYEARNEWATTITUDEDOWHATEVERITTAKESTOWINTHEGAMEREADYTORUMBLE
    If all you got is Psalm was a starter GTFO. He was terrible. It worked out for him. Didn't work out for the rest of us.
    There's 85 players on scholarship. If one of them changes positions and makes it to one of the 22 starting positions that's 100% a successful move for the team. He wasn't going to be starting otherwise.

You have literally one example of a skill guy who changed positions transferring. There's two who didn't, not to mention Dissily who changed into a semi-skill position. So your transfer theory is 1/3. At best.

Good luck the rest of the way.
    Holy fucking shit. Psalm was trash! We had fucking nobody else! He fell into a starting job and ran with it. That was not a successful move for the team.

Dissly was a defensive lineman which is why I excluded him.

Why are you freaking the fuck out and acting like a bitch because I suggested Cook will eventually transfer? That's college football. Guys transfer out every year.
    Dissly was a defensive lineman which is why you threw in the completely arbitrary “skill position” qualifier so you wouldn’t have to include him. Your take is a load of shit even by your own load of shit standards.
    No its fucking not you idiot! I specifically stated SKILL POSITION GUYS because I know line of scrimmage players can switch sides and work out. It had nothing to do with Dissly specifically but he is an example of it working out for a line of scrimmage player. Worked out for McGary as well. I'm sure Taimani and Paama could play either side of the ball for us and be successful. Receivers switching to DBs or DBs switching to receivers almost never fucking works out in general. Just based on my personal experience following college football and multiple teams around the Pac-12, those guys usually suck and end up transferring. Thinking that will probably be the case with Cook is logical. Thinking otherwise is stupid homerism.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

How many picks did Cook have as a Senior? One? How many pass break ups? None. Did he not tackle like a girl half the time swinging guys to the ground by their jersey? Did he show great feet, change of direction skills, and explosiveness out of breaks? No. He was never a good safety prospect but stupid doogs loved him as a safety because of his physicality swinging guys to the ground like a girl.
  • Options
    Beno4Life said:

How many picks did Cook have as a Senior? One? How many pass break ups? None. Did he not tackle like a girl half the time swinging guys to the ground by their jersey? Did he show great feet, change of direction skills, and explosiveness out of breaks? No. He was never a good safety prospect but stupid doogs loved him as a safety because of his physicality swinging guys to the ground like a girl.
    You're kind of fucking annoying. And he didn't swing guys to the ground. He fuckin' decleated them. Watch the tape.

(FWIW, a little bummed he's not staying at WR now that he actually has a coach that's not angling for a job at a fucking credit union in a cow town.)
    I did watch the tape. That's how I know he swung them around by the jersey like a girl. That's not decleating.
  • Options

Bread said:

Go Pack (basketball).

Fuck yeah we did. I'm the definition of a fair-weather Nevada sports fan though. If the basketball team sucked like the football team I would pay zero attention.

I actually got accepted to Colorado State and Wyoming. Almost went to CSU but the distance from Fort Collins to home in Seattle and the cost of living led me to Reno. Fort Collins is the shit. Reno is too. Laramie not so much.
    I live 25 miles from Wyoming and I’m not even sure it exists. That place is a shit hole.

Laramie is the worst.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,360
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bread said:

Go Pack (basketball).

I live 25 miles from Wyoming and I’m not even sure it exists. That place is a shit hole.

Laramie is the worst.
    I have drove through Wyoming twice. Eaten there twice. Got food poisoning twice.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I

Bread said:

Go Pack (basketball).

Laramie is the worst.
    I have drove through Wyoming twice. Eaten there twice. Got food poisoning twice.
    I’ve woken up in Laramie after starting the night in Fort Collins. Naked face first on the floor of some chicks apartment.

That’s my only Wyoming experience.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam

I

Bread said:

Go Pack (basketball).

Laramie is the worst.
    I’ve woken up in Laramie after starting the night in Fort Collins. Naked face first on the floor of some chicks apartment.

That’s my only Wyoming experience.
    Was your asshole on fire?
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dennis making some good points as he often does. Cook did have pretty good tape both ways, and we all know we vastly overrecruited the WR position.
    Someone send him an invite

Yeah would be cool if he posted here. I feel like he could be a valued contributor.
    Get on your burner accounts. Right now. Tweet at him. Do it. It matters.
    BECAUSE EVERYTHING MATTERS!!1
  • Options
    Founders Club

Bread said:

Go Pack (basketball).

Laramie is the worst.
    Ehhh, it's not that bad. Wyoming is a good school for the geo-engineering shit I do. Laramie was just a little too isolated (Pullmanesque) for me, and then there's the whole 8 months of brutal cold and wind thing. I nearly was cross-winded into an oncoming semi-truck driving from Fort Collins to Laramie. Wasn't a neat first impression.
  • Options

Bread said:

Go Pack (basketball).

Laramie is the worst.
    Ehhh, it's not that bad. Wyoming is a good school for the geo-engineering shit I do. Laramie was just a little too isolated (Pullmanesque) for me, and then there's the whole 8 months of brutal cold and wind thing. I nearly was cross-winded into an oncoming semi-truck driving from Fort Collins to Laramie. Wasn't a neat first impression.
    Laramie sucks so does the rest of the state.