Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

#9 Alex Cook

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Surprise surprise. Another WR recruiting failure. Skill position players switching sides almost never works out. He'll probably transfer after next season.

We also took him over Bryan Thompson and he recorded one career reception for us. Good job guys.

Curious, what is your list of players to evidence this? Jomon Dotson? I don't remember many position players switching sides over the years but Curtis Williams, Donald Jones, and Tommie Smith stand out as success stories. Wooching started for a playoff team, hard to call that a failed position change. Who else has failed?
    Jomon Dotson and Psalm Wooching are the only ones during the Petersen era and both sucked. Where's your evidence of the times it has worked out during the Petersen era? Oh that's right, there is none so the facts are on my side. Regardless of the secondary being a bit thin at safety, Jimmy Lake has recruited safeties with far better safety film than Cook had coming out of high school. He hasn't played DB in two years. It's unlikely he's gonna go over there and beat guys out for significant playing time. I get called a doog but that's some doog shit. He'll probably suck and transfer after next season. I'm being realistic here.
  • Options

Surprise surprise. Another WR recruiting failure. Skill position players switching sides almost never works out. He'll probably transfer after next season.

We also took him over Bryan Thompson and he recorded one career reception for us. Good job guys.

He didn't get on the field for Utah's offense until later in the season similar to Terrell Bynum here. Bottom line is he's playing receiver for them and starting to emerge whereas Cook is no longer playing receiver for us and will give DB a try before transferring.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited January 2019

Curious, what is your list of players to evidence this? Jomon Dotson? I don't remember many position players switching sides over the years but Curtis Williams, Donald Jones, and Tommie Smith stand out as success stories. Wooching started for a playoff team, hard to call that a failed position change. Who else has failed?
    Jomon Dotson and Psalm Wooching are the only ones during the Petersen era and both sucked. Where's your evidence of the times it has worked out during the Petersen era? Oh that's right, there is none so the facts are on my side. Regardless of the secondary being a bit thin at safety, Jimmy Lake has recruited safeties with far better safety film than Cook had coming out of high school. He hasn't played DB in two years. It's unlikely he's gonna go over there and beat guys out for significant playing time. I get called a doog but that's some doog shit. He'll probably suck and transfer after next season. I'm being realistic here.
    1. You didn't say shit about "under Pete", you just said skill players switching sides almost never works out.

2. Your basing this massive opinion on a sample size of two? Seriously?

3. One of those two stuck it out and started a full season, there's no possible way you can call that failed position switch. That shit worked out. Well.

4. You forgot John Ross who switched sides, played extensively (and immediately) to help a thin position, then switched back when the numbers were back up.

5. You *are* a major doog. MAJOR.

#FOURYEARSOFHIGHSCHOOLUNDERHISBELTOSSAICENTERSPEEDSPEEDSPEEDBESTPLAYERONTHEFIELDNUFFSAIDABOUTTHATNEWYEARNEWATTITUDEDOWHATEVERITTAKESTOWINTHEGAMEREADYTORUMBLE
  • Options

Next time before you post a comment like this, I want you to read through it and really think about what you're saying, then stick you dick in a pencil sharpener.
    Not sure there's a pencil sharpener on the planet that's big enough. How bout I stick it in your girl instead?
  • Options

1. You didn't say shit about "under Pete", you just said skill players switching sides almost never works out.

3. One of those two stuck it out and started a full season, there's no possible way you can call that failed position switch. That shit worked out. Well.

4. You forgot John Ross who switched sides, played extensively (and immediately) to help a thin position, then switched back when the numbers were back up.

#FOURYEARSOFHIGHSCHOOLUNDERHISBELTOSSAICENTERSPEEDSPEEDSPEEDBESTPLAYERONTHEFIELDNUFFSAIDABOUTTHATNEWYEARNEWATTITUDEDOWHATEVERITTAKESTOWINTHEGAMEREADYTORUMBLE
    If all you got is Psalm was a starter GTFO. He was terrible. It worked out for him. Didn't work out for the rest of us.
  • Options

If all you got is Psalm was a starter GTFO. He was terrible. It worked out for him. Didn't work out for the rest of us.
    There's 85 players on scholarship. If one of them changes positions and makes it to one of the 22 starting positions that's 100% a successful move for the team. He wasn't going to be starting otherwise.

You have literally one example of a skill guy who changed positions transferring. There's two who didn't, not to mention Dissily who changed into a semi-skill position. So your transfer theory is 1/3. At best.

Good luck the rest of the way.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

There's 85 players on scholarship. If one of them changes positions and makes it to one of the 22 starting positions that's 100% a successful move for the team. He wasn't going to be starting otherwise.

You have literally one example of a skill guy who changed positions transferring. There's two who didn't, not to mention Dissily who changed into a semi-skill position. So your transfer theory is 1/3. At best.

Holy fucking shit. Psalm was trash! We had fucking nobody else! He fell into a starting job and ran with it. That was not a successful move for the team.

Dissly was a defensive lineman which is why I excluded him.

Why are you freaking the fuck out and acting like a bitch because I suggested Cook will eventually transfer? That's college football. Guys transfer out every year.
  • Options

Holy fucking shit. Psalm was trash! We had fucking nobody else! He fell into a starting job and ran with it. That was not a successful move for the team.

Why are you freaking the fuck out and acting like a bitch because I suggested Cook will eventually transfer? That's college football. Guys transfer out every year.
    So we would have been better off keeping Psalm at FB. Got it.
  • Options

So we would have been better off keeping Psalm at FB. Got it.
    We would have been better off sitting his ass on the bench and playing a defensive lineman instead.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,978
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Jomon Dotson lead the Nevada DBs in tackles, PD, and interceptions. I'd call that a success.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Dissly was a defensive lineman which is why you threw in the completely arbitrary “skill position” qualifier so you wouldn’t have to include him. Your take is a load of shit even by your own load of shit standards.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Dennis making some good points as he often does. Cook did have pretty good tape both ways, and we all know we vastly overrecruited the WR position.
    Someone send him an invite

Yeah would be cool if he posted here. I feel like he could be a valued contributor.