Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jimmy Lake to Cal

Comments

• Options
    droskidroski Member Posts: 106
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

When are we supposed to find out about this, according to said source?

Tommorow
  • Options
    edited January 2017

droski said:

Why would he go to Cal for the same money and take a chance on a first time head coach. He is working for the coach he calls "The best coach in football" and he tried leaving to advance his career previously and it backfired. (Not while he has been at UW, it was when he came to UW in 2004.) He can stay this year and get another crack at the playoffs and a better job opening in 2018.
    Quote from the article in the Olympian
    Lake isn’t worried about the timeline. He learned his lesson, he said, after leaving Eastern for a job at UW that many warned him against taking. So if he’s going to leave UW, it’s going to be for the right fit.

http://www.theolympian.com/sports/college/pac-12/university-of-washington/article99205387.html

First off he's getting a $400k raise. Second. Maybe all that stuff he said about Peterson was bullshit? Nah that can't be it. And lol at another shot at the playoff. Good one.
    Now I know you are troll. Call isn't paying a million for a DC. And yes another shot at the playoffs. You sir are a first class Fuktard.
    It's $950k and the money was already approved for lupoi who is making $1.1 mil at alamaba's so getting it for lake was no big deal by cal standards. Also Wilcox is being paid peanuts intentionally so he can pay his staff well.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,665
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    droski said:

droski said:

Why would he go to Cal for the same money and take a chance on a first time head coach. He is working for the coach he calls "The best coach in football" and he tried leaving to advance his career previously and it backfired. (Not while he has been at UW, it was when he came to UW in 2004.) He can stay this year and get another crack at the playoffs and a better job opening in 2018.
    Lake isn’t worried about the timeline. He learned his lesson, he said, after leaving Eastern for a job at UW that many warned him against taking. So if he’s going to leave UW, it’s going to be for the right fit.

http://www.theolympian.com/sports/college/pac-12/university-of-washington/article99205387.html

First off he's getting a $400k raise. Second. Maybe all that stuff he said about Peterson was bullshit? Nah that can't be it. And lol at another shot at the playoff. Good one.
    Now I know you are troll. Call isn't paying a million for a DC. And yes another shot at the playoffs. You sir are a first class Fuktard.
    It's $950k and the money was already approved for lupoi who is making $1.1 mil at alamaba's so getting it for lake was no big deal by cal standards. Also Wilcox is being paid peanuts intentionally so he can pay his staff well.
    CAL'S FUCKING BACK
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    People seem to forget NINE WINS!!!!!!!! Is still in charge.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited January 2017
    Word I got last week was Wilcox told Cal he wanted Lake and Cal was negotiating with his agent. (I'm serious) I thought Tosh was a likelier candidate because of his Cal past and he wants to get back on the West coast (he married Scott Pelluar's daughter)

The number I heard Cal floated for Lake was ~ $700/$750 a year and that he would take it to get a PAC-12 Cordinator job as a stepping stone for a head coaching job.

I've heard the $ isn't coming directly from Cal (they're fucking broke) but a group of boosters willing to pay the difference in what Cal has earmarked and what Lake wants, or will accept to take the job.

I hope the deal pisses backwards but Lake has aspirations more so than Kwitkowski who isn't going anywhere so you can see the issue there.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

fuck, Jimmy Lake is liking Cal stuff on Twatter

I don't see anything
    It was a joke. I thought i should add to the chaos on this board.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    droski said:

droski said:

Wrong. Tosh made $525,000 last year.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

Baseman said:

droski said:

droski said:

Wrong. Tosh made $525,000 grand last year.
    $525,000,000 is pretty good for an assistant.
    Peanuts for a big boy confrence like the SEC
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Baseman said:

droski said:

droski said:

Wrong. Tosh made $525,000 last year.
    They just doubled his salary when dykes was going after him in late November. Try to keep up on things ok?
  • Options
    Baseman said:

Word I got last week was Wilcox told Cal he wanted Lake and Cal was negotiating with his agent. (I'm serious) I thought Tosh was a likelier candidate because of his Cal past and he wants to get back on the West coast (he married Scott Pelluar's daughter)

The number I heard Cal floated for Lake was ~ $700/$750 a year and that he would take it to get a PAC-12 Cordinator job as a stepping stone for a head coaching job.

I've heard the $ isn't coming directly from Cal (they're fucking broke) but a group of boosters willing to pay the difference in what Cal has earmarked and what Lake wants, or will accept to take the job.

I hope the deal pisses backwards but Lake has aspirations more so than Kwitkowski who isn't going anywhere so you can see the issue there.

If that's what he's taking his agent sucks since $950k was already approved and pledged by donors for lupoi. And yes this is donor money, just like your salaries. Tosh was the first target, but bama is throwing ridiculous money at him and probably giving him some bs about being a real dc (he's currently co dc) so it looks like he passed.
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Thump said:

Yes. And... if you google this story, the #1 hit is this site.

The #2 hit is a cal.rivals site telling each other how much fun one of their fans is having right now as a troll on this site.

I don't see any other hits.

No twitters.

No news.

I call bullshit.

You guys are being suckered in by a troll.
    Same guy on CGB that leaked Baldwin.
    So you're saying there is a chance that EWU might pursue Smith for their HC opening?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Thump said:

Thump said:

Yes. And... if you google this story, the #1 hit is this site.

The #2 hit is a cal.rivals site telling each other how much fun one of their fans is having right now as a troll on this site.

I don't see any other hits.

No twitters.

No news.

I call bullshit.

You guys are being suckered in by a troll.
    Same guy on CGB that leaked Baldwin.
    So you're saying there is a chance that EWU might pursue Smith for their HC opening?
    You are glass full type a guy.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,965
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The broadcast producers are trying so hard not to show any shots of the absolutely fuckingly empty stadium in the 4th quarter. At some poont I stood up and turned to the press box and yelled "DO YOU SEE THIS? ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION?" Surprisingly, somebody up there actually was.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,965
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    droski said:

Baseman said:

If that's what he's taking his agent sucks since $950k was already approved and pledged by donors for lupoi. And yes this is donor money, just like your salaries. Tosh was the first target, but bama is throwing ridiculous money at him and probably giving him some bs about being a real dc (he's currently co dc) so it looks like he passed.
    Good for Bama. They can have him.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Baseman said:

Losing lake sucks but the idea of kawasaki and pete for 10 years is Boner inducing
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2017
    NOT FUCK ING HAPPENING. Fetters is looking for clicks.