Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jimmy Lake to Cal

Options

Comments

• RoadDawg55
    RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2017
    Options
    NEsnake12 said:

Also I'm 99% certain he offers Myles Bryant a scholarship and brings him along to Cal.

I don't think he can do that. Pretty sure it's a violation. I'm sure there are ways around it, but I would assume he has more respect to Peterman to do that.
  • Ice_Holmvik
    Ice_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Why would he go to Cal for the same money and take a chance on a first time head coach. He is working for the coach he calls "The best coach in football" and he tried leaving to advance his career previously and it backfired. (Not while he has been at UW, it was when he came to UW in 2004.) He can stay this year and get another crack at the playoffs and a better job opening in 2018.
    Quote from the article in the Olympian
    Lake isn’t worried about the timeline. He learned his lesson, he said, after leaving Eastern for a job at UW that many warned him against taking. So if he’s going to leave UW, it’s going to be for the right fit.

http://www.theolympian.com/sports/college/pac-12/university-of-washington/article99205387.html
  • AEB
    AEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,962 Founders Club
    edited January 2017
    Options
  • AEB
    AEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,962 Founders Club
    Options

Why would he go to Cal for the same money and take a chance on a first time head coach. He is working for the coach he calls "The best coach in football" and he tried leaving to advance his career previously and it backfired. (Not while he has been at UW, it was when he came to UW in 2004.) He can stay this year and get another crack at the playoffs and a better job opening in 2018.
    Lake isn’t worried about the timeline. He learned his lesson, he said, after leaving Eastern for a job at UW that many warned him against taking. So if he’s going to leave UW, it’s going to be for the right fit.

http://www.theolympian.com/sports/college/pac-12/university-of-washington/article99205387.html

• Thump
    Thump Member Posts: 793
    edited January 2017
    Options

Yes. And... if you google this story, the #1 hit is this site.

The #2 hit is a cal.rivals site telling each other how much fun one of their fans is having right now as a troll on this site.

I don't see any other hits.

No twitters.

No news.

I call bullshit.

You guys are being suckered in by a troll.
  • FremontTroll
    FremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    Options
    Thump said:

The #2 hit is a cal.rivals site telling each other how much fun one of their fans is having right now as a troll on this site.

No twitters.

No news.

I call bullshit.

Same guy on CGB that leaked Baldwin.
  • droski
    droski Member Posts: 106
    Options

First off he's getting a $400k raise. Second. Maybe all that stuff he said about Peterson was bullshit? Nah that can't be it. And lol at another shot at the playoff. Good one.
  • droski
    Options
    Thump said:

No twitters.

No news.

I call bullshit.

You suck at the Internet
  • Thump
    Options
    droski said:

Thump said:

No twitters.

No news.

I call bullshit.

You suck at the Internet
    I'm okay with that.

But I have't seen a link yet....
  • Gladstone
    Gladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417 Founders Club
    Options
    Playoff smack from a cal fan lol
  • droski
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Gladstone said:

We know overrated frauds when we see it. We recognize our own.
  • Thump
    Options

@CokeGreaterThanPepsi twitter just made an appearance on dawgman. Somebody said "this is the only guy reporting Lake to Cal but he doesn't have any sources. He says it's just what he's hearing.

I'VE MADE IT!!! DADS!!!! I DID IT!

FUCK ALL OF YOU, IM GOING TO GET DRUNK ON COKE AND START MY OWN SPINOFF PODCAST/WEBSITE/FORUM BY MYSELF!

WOOF
    Did you ever get a legit source?

Or is it still just what you are hearing from a troll on this site?
  • Quietcowskee
    Quietcowskee Member Posts: 3,197
    Options
    When are we supposed to find out about this, according to said source?
  • FireCohen
    FireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited January 2017
    Options
    fuck, Jimmy Lake is liking Cal stuff on Twatter
  • haie
    haie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,827 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options
    droski said:

Gladstone said:

We know overrated frauds when we see it. We recognize our own.
  • Ice_Holmvik
    Ice_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2017
    Options
    droski said:

First off he's getting a $400k raise. Second. Maybe all that stuff he said about Peterson was bullshit? Nah that can't be it. And lol at another shot at the playoff. Good one.
    Now I know you are troll. Call isn't paying a million for a DC. And yes another shot at the playoffs. You sir are a first class Fuktard.
  • Baseman
    Baseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Options

@CokeGreaterThanPepsi twitter just made an appearance on dawgman. Somebody said "this is the only guy reporting Lake to Cal but he doesn't have any sources. He says it's just what he's hearing.

I'VE MADE IT!!! DADS!!!! I DID IT!

FUCK ALL OF YOU, IM GOING TO GET DRUNK ON COKE AND START MY OWN SPINOFF PODCAST/WEBSITE/FORUM BY MYSELF!

WOOF
    Pump the breaks. Once Kim or Fetters see your tweet they'll delete it from Dawgman.