Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Thoughts on OL recruiting

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

As much shit we give to Strausser, why aren't we ripping Jonathan Smith for QB recruiting? Before we go hang and touche Strausser, we need to get Babushka first

Babushka is shit but that will play itself out ... between Browning and then the next likely in line being Sirmon not a huge issue at the moment
    Fuck that. He can't coach and he can't recruit. Why the fuck should he get fucking pass?
    I dont see Babushka being a long term fit in the program and certainly not around for the next meaningful QB recruit
    You see Pete firing him? I don't think another program is dumb enough to steal him.
    I think he will likely take a smaller program HC job at some point
    Problem is he likely makes too much money as the oc to justify it.
    He doesn't particularly for the WAC and Mountain West ...

And regardless, if your aspirations are to be a HC ... at some point you have to suck it up for the job that you want
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

HFNY said:

I think Adams will leave after 2017, hope I'm wrong though.

We can probably all agree the 2017 OL will be very good but it sounds like people are worried about the 2019 OL. This is what it could be in the two deeps:

LT: RS-JR Wattenburg, RS-Soph Ford
    LG: RS-SR Roberts, RS-Soph Norgaard
    C: SR Nick Harris, TBD
    RG: RS-Soph Bainlavu, RS-SR Hilbers,
    RT: RS-SR Burleson, RS-Frosh MJ Ale? (https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/180758)

It's possible Bainlavu can't pass Hilbers and Harris obviously could stay at RG.

Based off of recruiting rankings, the interior OL should be very good but the OT positions take a step back (at least on paper) from Adams / McGary to some combo of Wattenburg, Burleson (with depth TBD).

McGary is the one with the broke family...he makes all conference next year and gets a decent draft grade he will be gone in a heartbeat. And look at 2018 if Trey and McGary are gone...rough sledding with what we have now.

And Wattenberg is an inside guy...if he ends up at LT we are in trouble.
    I don't see him grading better than 5th round next year. Unless he takes a massive step. Sux about this family though
  • Options

HFNY said:

I think Adams will leave after 2017, hope I'm wrong though.

We can probably all agree the 2017 OL will be very good but it sounds like people are worried about the 2019 OL. This is what it could be in the two deeps:

LT: RS-JR Wattenburg, RS-Soph Ford
    LG: RS-SR Roberts, RS-Soph Norgaard
    C: SR Nick Harris, TBD
    RG: RS-Soph Bainlavu, RS-SR Hilbers,
    RT: RS-SR Burleson, RS-Frosh MJ Ale? (https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/180758)

It's possible Bainlavu can't pass Hilbers and Harris obviously could stay at RG.

Based off of recruiting rankings, the interior OL should be very good but the OT positions take a step back (at least on paper) from Adams / McGary to some combo of Wattenburg, Burleson (with depth TBD).

McGary is the one with the broke family...he makes all conference next year and gets a decent draft grade he will be gone in a heartbeat. And look at 2018 if Trey and McGary are gone...rough sledding with what we have now.

And Wattenberg is an inside guy...if he ends up at LT we are in trouble.
    I don't see him grading better than 5th round next year. Unless he takes a massive step. Sux about this family though
    Physically he's got enough to be able to go before the 5th round ... his biggest strike against him will be that he's a RT
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    If McGary and Adams both leave the 2018 Oline will suck.

By 2019 I think it's too early to tell. Good chance the recruiting improves by then
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2017
    Tequilla said:

Some of you fuckers need to wait until Strausser starts trotting out a unit that isn't the best in the conference before you start whining about him. Right now our line is really fucking good. If Strausser can maintain that by continuing to sign shitty high school linemen then I'll gladly continue kissing his ass. This TBS obsession is getting out of hand.

That "really fucking good" line got trashed against a (albeit elite even by their standards) Bama front 7. Dominated. The OL is good when they're playing Cal, Oregon State, WSU, etc. They're nowhere near national championship caliber.
    In order to play Alabama, we have to win the PAC 12 first. Our line was good enough to do that this year and will be good next year. Utah and Colorado. Browning played mediocre against Utah and awful against Colorado. The OL was the reason why our offense did enough to win either game. They dominated in the run game in both.

Other than Sarrell, no lineman was going to help us next year anyways. Fretting about the OL and next year is pretty FS. I won't argue about after that, but there is still time for guys to develop by then and/or Adams and McGary stay and there is nothing to worry about.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-football-alabama-front-seven-could-be-nick-saban-best-unit-ever/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000724381/article/exec-each-player-in-bama-front-7-will-be-picked-in-rounds-1-or-2?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url=story&zoneKeys=s1=story&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr=college-football&p.ct=CFB+24/7&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=#ffffff&p.bgc1m=#000000&sr=amp?client=safari
    By the time McGary and Adams leave and you realize we don't have any tackles on our roster it will be far too fucking late.
    Yes, but I don't care about that yet. I'll bitch when the time comes. It's at least another season away. And there is still the chance that we have tackles by then. They won't be Adams, McGary, or Sarrell good, but they might be good enough to still win the PAC 12 or at least contend.
    HOW FUCKING FUCKTARDEDLY IDIOTIC CAN YOU FUCKING BE YOU FUCKING DUMB FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT ?!?!?!?!?

This isn't the FUCKING NFL where when you don't have a good OL one year you can just go sign free agents and pluck guys from the draft to fill in bad areas.

In college, you normally need 2 to 3 years from an OL signing class before they SHOULD be on the field ...

IF Adams and McGary decide to leave early and go to the NFL after next year, it's not a question of IF we are fucked ... WE ARE FUCKED!!!

Get the fuck out of here with your fucking DOOG FUCKING STUPID BULLSHIT of "might be good enough to still win the PAC 12 or at least contend" ... FUCK OFF ... FUCK YOU ... FUCK YOUR MOTHER ... GO STICK A 75 YEAR OLD FUCKING WOOD HANDLED PLUNGER UP YOUR ASS WITH NO LUBE SO THAT EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME YOU TAKE A STEP YOU GET SPLINTERS DEEP IN YOUR ANAL CAVITY ...

The standards for this program at this point forward is competing at a level consistent with winning the PAC and National Championships ... not some "might" bullshit ...

Way to show your DOOGISHLY low standards you fucking cocksucker
    You are trying way too hard. You're still the same doog who said we were averaging more yards per pass vs Oregon than the run, so going pass heavy was not the wrong call. You supported Sark in year 5. You've always been retarded and excused (explained in your and Kim's opinion) shitty football.

I nor you have any fucking clue if Hillbers or Burleson will be good tackles. By the time they might play they will be upperclassmen who have had plenty of time to develop. Maybe Ford and Norgaard are good. Let it play out. We have two book end tackles for at least one more year, but please keep getting worked up about 2019.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    In order for the 2018 line to suck, McGary and Adams both have to leave early, Hillbers and Burleson have to both suck and Ford and Norgaard both aren't ready.

So many fucking variables. But why should we let it play out?
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Don't want to get in the middle of this pissing match, but Burleson already sucks. Watched him in spring ball and fall camp. He's not good.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Passion said:

Don't want to get in the middle of this pissing match, but Burleson already sucks. Watched him in spring ball and fall camp. He's not good.

If he ever figures it out he will be a monster.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Some of you fuckers need to wait until Strausser starts trotting out a unit that isn't the best in the conference before you start whining about him. Right now our line is really fucking good. If Strausser can maintain that by continuing to sign shitty high school linemen then I'll gladly continue kissing his ass. This TBS obsession is getting out of hand.

That "really fucking good" line got trashed against a (albeit elite even by their standards) Bama front 7. Dominated. The OL is good when they're playing Cal, Oregon State, WSU, etc. They're nowhere near national championship caliber.
    In order to play Alabama, we have to win the PAC 12 first. Our line was good enough to do that this year and will be good next year. Utah and Colorado. Browning played mediocre against Utah and awful against Colorado. The OL was the reason why our offense did enough to win either game. They dominated in the run game in both.

Other than Sarrell, no lineman was going to help us next year anyways. Fretting about the OL and next year is pretty FS. I won't argue about after that, but there is still time for guys to develop by then and/or Adams and McGary stay and there is nothing to worry about.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-football-alabama-front-seven-could-be-nick-saban-best-unit-ever/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000724381/article/exec-each-player-in-bama-front-7-will-be-picked-in-rounds-1-or-2?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url=story&zoneKeys=s1=story&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr=college-football&p.ct=CFB+24/7&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=#ffffff&p.bgc1m=#000000&sr=amp?client=safari
    By the time McGary and Adams leave and you realize we don't have any tackles on our roster it will be far too fucking late.
    Yes, but I don't care about that yet. I'll bitch when the time comes. It's at least another season away. And there is still the chance that we have tackles by then. They won't be Adams, McGary, or Sarrell good, but they might be good enough to still win the PAC 12 or at least contend.
    HOW FUCKING FUCKTARDEDLY IDIOTIC CAN YOU FUCKING BE YOU FUCKING DUMB FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT ?!?!?!?!?

This isn't the FUCKING NFL where when you don't have a good OL one year you can just go sign free agents and pluck guys from the draft to fill in bad areas.

In college, you normally need 2 to 3 years from an OL signing class before they SHOULD be on the field ...

IF Adams and McGary decide to leave early and go to the NFL after next year, it's not a question of IF we are fucked ... WE ARE FUCKED!!!

Get the fuck out of here with your fucking DOOG FUCKING STUPID BULLSHIT of "might be good enough to still win the PAC 12 or at least contend" ... FUCK OFF ... FUCK YOU ... FUCK YOUR MOTHER ... GO STICK A 75 YEAR OLD FUCKING WOOD HANDLED PLUNGER UP YOUR ASS WITH NO LUBE SO THAT EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME YOU TAKE A STEP YOU GET SPLINTERS DEEP IN YOUR ANAL CAVITY ...

The standards for this program at this point forward is competing at a level consistent with winning the PAC and National Championships ... not some "might" bullshit ...

Way to show your DOOGISHLY low standards you fucking cocksucker
    You are trying way too hard. You're still the same doog who said we were averaging more yards per pass vs Oregon than the run, so going pass heavy was not the wrong call. You supported Sark in year 5. You've always been retarded and excused (explained in your and Kim's opinion) shitty football.

I nor you have any fucking clue if Hillbers or Burleson will be good tackles. By the time they might play they will be upperclassmen who have had plenty of time to develop. Maybe Ford and Norgaard are good. Let it play out. We have two book end tackles for at least one more year, but please keep getting worked up about 2019.
    1) which year against Oregon are you talking about? I'm assuming last year?

2) I was one of the most vocal critics of Sark in Year 5 ... now if you want to hold me to saying he wouldn't get fired after Year 3 because he turned over his defensive coaches go ahead ... if you want to hold me to saying after the Boise loss in Vegas in Year 4 that he would have to show marked improvement in Year 5 to retain his job going forward go ahead. I don't know of a single person that knows me that would ever accuse me of being a massive Sark backer at any point in Year 4 or Year 5
  • Options

In order for the 2018 line to suck, McGary and Adams both have to leave early, Hillbers and Burleson have to both suck and Ford and Norgaard both aren't ready.

I don't have to work hard to make you look like an idiot ... you do it quite well on your own
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

I don't have to work hard to make you look like an idiot ... you do it quite well on your own
    Sig worthy irony.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    edited January 2017
    Our Oline is like a Prom backup plan. You'll get laid but depending on who you are you may or may not be proud about it.

It's when the backup plan doesnt work out the way you planned and your left wondering what the fuck just happened, that got me concerned.

We need to land a couple of 4* a year to eliminate the concern and build on what we have. I'm looking for that start with a splash at the end of this cycle.

• Options
    So how do we know Wyatt Davis is visiting? I will kill anyone that says, "I head it from grinolds."
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Passion said:

So how do we know Wyatt Davis is visiting? I will kill anyone that says, "I head it from grinolds."

I talked to him. He said he might be coming but he's not sure.
    ?
  • Options
    I guess I can't handle the ups and downs of Wyatt Davis' recruiting. I need to step away from the computer and find a new hobby.
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    Passion said:

I guess I can't handle the ups and downs of Wyatt Davis' recruiting. I need to step away from the computer and find a new hobby.

100% accurate. Took the words right out of Kim's mouth...