Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Thoughts on OL recruiting

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Some of you fuckers need to wait until Strausser starts trotting out a unit that isn't the best in the conference before you start whining about him. Right now our line is really fucking good. If Strausser can maintain that by continuing to sign shitty high school linemen then I'll gladly continue kissing his ass. This TBS obsession is getting out of hand.

That "really fucking good" line got trashed against a (albeit elite even by their standards) Bama front 7. Dominated. The OL is good when they're playing Cal, Oregon State, WSU, etc. They're nowhere near national championship caliber.
    In order to play Alabama, we have to win the PAC 12 first. Our line was good enough to do that this year and will be good next year. Utah and Colorado. Browning played mediocre against Utah and awful against Colorado. The OL was the reason why our offense did enough to win either game. They dominated in the run game in both.

Other than Sarrell, no lineman was going to help us next year anyways. Fretting about the OL and next year is pretty FS. I won't argue about after that, but there is still time for guys to develop by then and/or Adams and McGary stay and there is nothing to worry about.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-football-alabama-front-seven-could-be-nick-saban-best-unit-ever/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000724381/article/exec-each-player-in-bama-front-7-will-be-picked-in-rounds-1-or-2?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url=story&zoneKeys=s1=story&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr=college-football&p.ct=CFB+24/7&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=#ffffff&p.bgc1m=#000000&sr=amp?client=safari
    By the time McGary and Adams leave and you realize we don't have any tackles on our roster it will be far too fucking late.
    Yes, but I don't care about that yet. I'll bitch when the time comes. It's at least another season away. And there is still the chance that we have tackles by then. They won't be Adams, McGary, or Sarrell good, but they might be good enough to still win the PAC 12 or at least contend.
    HOW FUCKING FUCKTARDEDLY IDIOTIC CAN YOU FUCKING BE YOU FUCKING DUMB FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT ?!?!?!?!?

This isn't the FUCKING NFL where when you don't have a good OL one year you can just go sign free agents and pluck guys from the draft to fill in bad areas.

In college, you normally need 2 to 3 years from an OL signing class before they SHOULD be on the field ...

IF Adams and McGary decide to leave early and go to the NFL after next year, it's not a question of IF we are fucked ... WE ARE FUCKED!!!

Get the fuck out of here with your fucking DOOG FUCKING STUPID BULLSHIT of "might be good enough to still win the PAC 12 or at least contend" ... FUCK OFF ... FUCK YOU ... FUCK YOUR MOTHER ... GO STICK A 75 YEAR OLD FUCKING WOOD HANDLED PLUNGER UP YOUR ASS WITH NO LUBE SO THAT EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME YOU TAKE A STEP YOU GET SPLINTERS DEEP IN YOUR ANAL CAVITY ...

The standards for this program at this point forward is competing at a level consistent with winning the PAC and National Championships ... not some "might" bullshit ...

Way to show your DOOGISHLY low standards you fucking cocksucker
    I love it when @Tequilla goes on his little rants.
    That's the kind of post that will make me go off each and every single time
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    PAC coach, WAC recruiter.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2017

DawgFader said:

Why would you now want to be in Seattle with the facilities, stadium and Socha in the off season.

Because it has been a shit show program for the last 15 years. Memories of that shit don't just wash away
    These kids have had very little reason to turn there attention to UW we had Late night PAC 12 locked down until Pertersen got here. We just need to keep winning and ESPN will get their attention.

The brand rebuild is ahead of schedule and Petersen "process" has replaced the "team" with a legitimate "program".

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    TTJ said:

Whoa. Gloves off. Nobody does ridiculous internet toughguy like Teq.

I agree this is a vitally important class for securing successors to McGary and Adams. Banivalu might be one, Ford might be another. Maybe, by year five, the staff gets something out of Burleson. Beats me. But Pete and Strausser do need to figure it out, and losing another local phenom can only intensify the scrutiny on this issue.

Had we had AVT locked up or some other OT stud. I don't think people would have been blowing a fuse about Fozz. If we somehow end up getting Jackson. People on the board will STFU and turn their attention on Babushka. (If we get Cole and Nick that is still a solid class)
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Once Trey and McGary leave we won't have any tackles? I was unaware we wont recruit linemen after this year.
  • Options

Once Trey and McGary leave we won't have any tackles? I was unaware we wont recruit linemen after this year.

but they won't be physically ready to play right away
  • Options

Trey has been pretty impressive in year 2. So has McGary.
  • Options

You do understand that Trey should have been 5 star recruit right? Dude might enter the nfl drafted next year depending on his grade. He is probably one of the best OT prospects in college right now.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Year 3 for McGary.

It's so weird to see this place that is all about holding people and things accountable and always wanting to be elite just not give a fuck about OL going forward. It's really bizarre.

And yes, I fully understand our OL should be good next year (as long as Kaleb or Trey doesn't get hurt). But I can also walk and chew gum at the same fucking time and can actually see that our numbers are a real fucking issue goin forward.

To say "oh I'll get mad about that when we suck on OL" is some doog bullshit. I know for a FACT our coaches are massively concerned about the future up front.
    You have spoke with them?

The fun part about message boards is we can have a good time ribbing each other about this kind of stuff. I fully expect if our line goes to shit that this will all get thrown back in my face and I'll have to wear it.

Until then I'm going to enjoy the team we have now and not in 2019.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Year 3 for McGary.

It's so weird to see this place that is all about holding people and things accountable and always wanting to be elite just not give a fuck about OL going forward. It's really bizarre.

And yes, I fully understand our OL should be good next year (as long as Kaleb or Trey doesn't get hurt). But I can also walk and chew gum at the same fucking time and can actually see that our numbers are a real fucking issue goin forward.

To say "oh I'll get mad about that when we suck on OL" is some doog bullshit. I know for a FACT our coaches are massively concerned about the future up front.

The fun part about message boards is we can have a good time ribbing each other about this kind of stuff. I fully expect if our line goes to shit that this will all get thrown back in my face and I'll have to wear it.

Lucky for you others have already won DOOG post of the day
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Year 3 for McGary.

Lucky for you others have already won DOOG post of the day
    Lol
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,532
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I think Adams will leave after 2017, hope I'm wrong though.

We can probably all agree the 2017 OL will be very good but it sounds like people are worried about the 2019 OL. This is what it could be in the two deeps:

LT: RS-JR Wattenburg, RS-Soph Ford
    LG: RS-SR Roberts, RS-Soph Norgaard
    C: SR Nick Harris, TBD
    RG: RS-Soph Bainlavu, RS-SR Hilbers,
    RT: RS-SR Burleson, RS-Frosh MJ Ale? (https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/180758)

It's possible Bainlavu can't pass Hilbers and Harris obviously could stay at RG.

Based off of recruiting rankings, the interior OL should be very good but the OT positions take a step back (at least on paper) from Adams / McGary to some combo of Wattenburg, Burleson (with depth TBD).

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

As much shit we give to Strausser, why aren't we ripping Jonathan Smith for QB recruiting? Before we go hang and touche Strausser, we need to get Babushka first

Babushka is shit but that will play itself out ... between Browning and then the next likely in line being Sirmon not a huge issue at the moment
    Fuck that. He can't coach and he can't recruit. Why the fuck should he get fucking pass?
    I dont see Babushka being a long term fit in the program and certainly not around for the next meaningful QB recruit

So the plan is in place. Dallas. Dealy Plaza. Date?
    too soon
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,999
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

As much shit we give to Strausser, why aren't we ripping Jonathan Smith for QB recruiting? Before we go hang and touche Strausser, we need to get Babushka first

Babushka is shit but that will play itself out ... between Browning and then the next likely in line being Sirmon not a huge issue at the moment
    Fuck that. He can't coach and he can't recruit. Why the fuck should he get fucking pass?
    I dont see Babushka being a long term fit in the program and certainly not around for the next meaningful QB recruit
    You see Pete firing him? I don't think another program is dumb enough to steal him.
    I think he will likely take a smaller program HC job at some point
    Problem is he likely makes too much money as the oc to justify it.