Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Thoughts on OL recruiting

Comments

• Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Can Ford play TE?
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    I got no problem with Strausser trotting out the best OL in the Pac...he's been able to coach up players well. My worry is that even after 3 years the group he trotted out still wasn't recruited by him with an exception of an undersized, lightly recruited true freshman at RG.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Some of you fuckers need to wait until Strausser starts trotting out a unit that isn't the best in the conference before you start whining about him. Right now our line is really fucking good. If Strausser can maintain that by continuing to sign shitty high school linemen then I'll gladly continue kissing his ass. This TBS obsession is getting out of hand.

That "really fucking good" line got trashed against a (albeit elite even by their standards) Bama front 7. Dominated. The OL is good when they're playing Cal, Oregon State, WSU, etc. They're nowhere near national championship caliber.
    In order to play Alabama, we have to win the PAC 12 first. Our line was good enough to do that this year and will be good next year. Utah and Colorado. Browning played mediocre against Utah and awful against Colorado. The OL was the reason why our offense did enough to win either game. They dominated in the run game in both.

Other than Sarrell, no lineman was going to help us next year anyways. Fretting about the OL and next year is pretty FS. I won't argue about after that, but there is still time for guys to develop by then and/or Adams and McGary stay and there is nothing to worry about.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-football-alabama-front-seven-could-be-nick-saban-best-unit-ever/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000724381/article/exec-each-player-in-bama-front-7-will-be-picked-in-rounds-1-or-2?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url=story&zoneKeys=s1=story&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr=college-football&p.ct=CFB+24/7&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=#ffffff&p.bgc1m=#000000&sr=amp?client=safari
    Davis is pretty Damn good
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Some of you fuckers need to wait until Strausser starts trotting out a unit that isn't the best in the conference before you start whining about him. Right now our line is really fucking good. If Strausser can maintain that by continuing to sign shitty high school linemen then I'll gladly continue kissing his ass. This TBS obsession is getting out of hand.

That "really fucking good" line got trashed against a (albeit elite even by their standards) Bama front 7. Dominated. The OL is good when they're playing Cal, Oregon State, WSU, etc. They're nowhere near national championship caliber.
    If you watched the game, the line didn't get trashed. It for beat by better coaching. They couldn't get to Browning early, so they started blitzing a LB up the gut and we didn't compensate. At no point did they physically best us up. The oline held their own physically.

They being said, I wish we'd bring in more oline. Find the kids he used to find at Boise, he turned many kids who weren't recruited heavy into NFL players. And beat the big boy schools with them.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    DawgFader said:

Strausser is a grower not a show-er.

How much does your therapist charge you?
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2017

DawgFader said:

Strausser is a grower not a show-er.

How much does your therapist charge you?
    I never though I would get to hold WilburHooksHands (great handle BTW) Strausser is a developer of talent. He grows boys into men. Less of a show-er..talent grabber. I preferred it being more of a sexual inuendo.

As for healthcare I've got Jimmy Lake quality coverage.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

In order to play Alabama, we have to win the PAC 12 first. Our line was good enough to do that this year and will be good next year. Utah and Colorado. Browning played mediocre against Utah and awful against Colorado. The OL was the reason why our offense did enough to win either game. They dominated in the run game in both.

Other than Sarrell, no lineman was going to help us next year anyways. Fretting about the OL and next year is pretty FS. I won't argue about after that, but there is still time for guys to develop by then and/or Adams and McGary stay and there is nothing to worry about.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-football-alabama-front-seven-could-be-nick-saban-best-unit-ever/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000724381/article/exec-each-player-in-bama-front-7-will-be-picked-in-rounds-1-or-2?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url=story&zoneKeys=s1=story&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr=college-football&p.ct=CFB+24/7&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=#ffffff&p.bgc1m=#000000&sr=amp?client=safari
    By the time McGary and Adams leave and you realize we don't have any tackles on our roster it will be far too fucking late.
    Yes, but I don't care about that yet. I'll bitch when the time comes. It's at least another season away. And there is still the chance that we have tackles by then. They won't be Adams, McGary, or Sarrell good, but they might be good enough to still win the PAC 12 or at least contend.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2017
    Bainivalu is going to be good and the doors not closed on recruiting. Jackson and Davis may be long shot hailmarys but Petersen and Strausser can throw the deep ball.

Why would you now want to be in Seattle with the facilities, stadium and Socha in the off season.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

It's upper PAC standards that can struggles a bit against the higher end of the conference's DL's ...

We just saw what happened against an elite national DL ...

Anybody that has their head in the sand and doesn't see that this is a future problem if not rectified shortly ... Doogman is probably more your speed.
  • Options

By the time McGary and Adams leave and you realize we don't have any tackles on our roster it will be far too fucking late.
    BINGO

It's almost as if listening to @RoadDawg55's argument that IF you have a PAC caliber winning line you get to trade up before you play a national quality DL ... or that having a national caliber OL that that's a luxury that isn't needed to win the PAC ...

I don't even know what the fuck his argument is other than it just being WRONG
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    DawgFader said:

Why would you now want to be in Seattle with the facilities, stadium and Socha in the off season.

Because it has been a shit show program for the last 15 years. Memories of that shit don't just wash away
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

If you watched the game, the line didn't get trashed. It for beat by better coaching. They couldn't get to Browning early, so they started blitzing a LB up the gut and we didn't compensate. At no point did they physically best us up. The oline held their own physically.

They being said, I wish we'd bring in more oline. Find the kids he used to find at Boise, he turned many kids who weren't recruited heavy into NFL players. And beat the big boy schools with them.
    The reason the OL looked like it was doing a good job was because we were keeping on a fairly regular basis 2 extra blockers in to help protect Browning ...

That kept him upright ... but it also made us far easier to double and defend down the field in the passing game.

A damned if you do and damned if you don't ...

And BTW, where did Alabama routinely blitz? Right at the pile of poo emoji RG that has no business being on the field right now.
  • Options

Yes, but I don't care about that yet. I'll bitch when the time comes. It's at least another season away. And there is still the chance that we have tackles by then. They won't be Adams, McGary, or Sarrell good, but they might be good enough to still win the PAC 12 or at least contend.
    HOW FUCKING FUCKTARDEDLY IDIOTIC CAN YOU FUCKING BE YOU FUCKING DUMB FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT ?!?!?!?!?

This isn't the FUCKING NFL where when you don't have a good OL one year you can just go sign free agents and pluck guys from the draft to fill in bad areas.

In college, you normally need 2 to 3 years from an OL signing class before they SHOULD be on the field ...

IF Adams and McGary decide to leave early and go to the NFL after next year, it's not a question of IF we are fucked ... WE ARE FUCKED!!!

Get the fuck out of here with your fucking DOOG FUCKING STUPID BULLSHIT of "might be good enough to still win the PAC 12 or at least contend" ... FUCK OFF ... FUCK YOU ... FUCK YOUR MOTHER ... GO STICK A 75 YEAR OLD FUCKING WOOD HANDLED PLUNGER UP YOUR ASS WITH NO LUBE SO THAT EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME YOU TAKE A STEP YOU GET SPLINTERS DEEP IN YOUR ANAL CAVITY ...

The standards for this program at this point forward is competing at a level consistent with winning the PAC and National Championships ... not some "might" bullshit ...

Way to show your DOOGISHLY low standards you fucking cocksucker
  • Options
    DawgFader said:

Bainivalu is going to be good and the doors not closed on recruiting. Jackson and Davis may be long shot hailmarys but Petersen and Strausser can throw the deep ball.

Bainivalu SHOULD be a good one ... but with where we have been in recruiting we really need 3-4 guys like Bainivalu if our goal is to build a national caliber OL ...

If you don't realize that Strausser's ability to recruit isn't a SERIOUS issue at this point, you (and by you I mean anybody) just aren't paying attention.