Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hello from the Land of Cotton

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TommySQC said:

I'd really love to hear a general breakdown of the Wazzu/Washington relationship. I've always read about how it's cultural between the Cascade divide and all that, but I've never read much from actual fans about it.

Are there a bunch of them on the Coast? Are there many Washington people in Eastern Washington?

All I know is Mike Price had no issues in Pullman and within about a week everyone in Alabama knew he was creating on sorority girls at bars on campus. I'm guessing he didn't suddenly develop that behavior on the red eye flight over. So, they must be pretty damndd isolated. And ignored.

You have no idea.
    Neither do you.
  • Options
    AtlantaGumpAtlantaGump Member Posts: 22
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    salemcoog said:

TommySQC said:

I'd really love to hear a general breakdown of the Wazzu/Washington relationship. I've always read about how it's cultural between the Cascade divide and all that, but I've never read much from actual fans about it.

Are there a bunch of them on the Coast? Are there many Washington people in Eastern Washington?

All I know is Mike Price had no issues in Pullman and within about a week everyone in Alabama knew he was creating on sorority girls at bars on campus. I'm guessing he didn't suddenly develop that behavior on the red eye flight over. So, they must be pretty damndd isolated. And ignored.

You have no idea.
    Neither do you.
    Coog, give me some rebuttal to the UDub folks
  • Options
    dflea said:

And here's our resident shit head Cooger to illustrate the point everyone has been making.

Fuck off you chain smokin pussy!!!
  • Options

salemcoog said:

TommySQC said:

You have no idea.
    Neither do you.
    Gimme 20
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I went to Baton Rouge, but I live in the "Land of Cotton" close to ATL (at the time I was in Dallas).

They yelled "Tiger Bait" at us and we had Seven Win as our coach, so we were completely fucked. It was around my bday so mostly an excuse to go carouse in NOLA and fucking carouse we did.

Baton Rouge is no joke: ask Boosie. Even he moved to ATL.

It's a different place for sure. Bucket list trip (I went to the Saban return game in 2008), but not on my return list.
    Speaking of Coach DuBose, I dated a girl in the Shaun Alexander era whose dad was a huge Bama booster (not like top level, but gave ~50k year) and I was a big Bama fan pre-Saban. Those were fun teams to follow. Antwan Odom and all those DTs out of Memphis you guys paid for.

I even went to Shreveport for Saban's first Bowl Game vs. the Buffs. That was my first experience with actual Bama fans. I'll just let that one sit there.

Anyway, sad to see what's happened to the program under Saban.

Bullshit
    Okay fuck you, it was a dude. Fine. Bama fans aren't comfortable with their sexuality yet so I was trying to make it Bammer friendly.

You have to ruin everything including hospitality.
    Race is why we can't have nice things.

Also, pics of the dude?
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,095
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

This board used to be called Huskyhalfbrains as they were referred to by an "insider of the program" then athletic director Todd Turner for their disdain for their coach Ty Willingham and the suggestion that He needed to go and the gloves came off. Of course when 0-12 came down in 2008, it was a done deal.

When Jim Mora once again became unemployed, some diehard posters went as far as baking a birthday cake and presenting it as a gift in hopes that He would be their next Coach. Instead they went with Steve Sark who gave them a barely winning program but created even more dissension and this is how this board was born.

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,095

salemcoog said:

Alright , Let my preface by saying this is the best board this site of well.. pretty much anywhere. All of the other Pac 12 boards suck or are an out and out embarassment.

But the thing with Husky fan or Jack Husky as they are known as in the great PNW is that a low percentage of them actually attended the school. In fact many of the posters here didn't. Their Uncle or Cousin or maybe their 2 dads loaded the car up on a crisp fall afternoon and went and watched the Huskys lay waste to Oregon State or Cal or maybe WSU back when they were good in the 80's or 90's.

With that said, they love to live in the past. And until this Season most if not all were obsessed with anything Oregon. Afterall they had been ass plungered by them 12 years in a row.

Most of the diehards here are cast offs from Dawgman.com and rightfully so. Shit site Shit mods. When Oregon was being investigated by the NCAA they were all led to believe that Oregon was gonna get something close to the death penalty and when that didn't happen, all hell broke loose. The CEO of Dawgman booted most of the good posters off of the board and a mediocre at best program's fanbase was the epitome of fractured.

This board used to be called Huskyhalfbrain as they were referred to by an "insider of the program" for their disdain for their coach Ty Willingham and the suggestion that He needed to go and the gloves came off. Of course when 0-12 came down in 2008, it was a done deal.

When Jim Mora once again became unemployed, some diehard posters went as far as baking a cake and presenting it as a gift in hopes that He would be their next Coach. Instead they went with Steve Sark who gave them a barely winning program but created even more dissension and this is how this board was born.

The difference in geography and culture between the U's is marked. UW is a commuter school in a shitty neighborhood, who now basically goes after out of state and out of country students to bolster tuition rates. WSU, is in the middle of nowhere. UW thinks that every WSU student .alumn wnted to be a Husky which isn't the truth WSU is however Probably the hardest recruiter job in the Country. But to those athletes who are looking to focus on athletics and academis, they can do so without alot of distractions.

The Cougs haven't had allot of sustained success and seem to shit down their leg when playing the Doogs for anything meaningful. But as much as Huskyfan loves to tout their tradition, the Cougs have more 9 or more win Seasons than the Doogs do over the last 30 years.

And as always f/o and now Roll Tide!!!!

New word alert!!!!
    I think he meant a proportional allotment of success.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Here's all you need to know about the Coug ... they care more about our failures than their successes ...

Someone show our new friend the "wanna take the gloves off" post so that He may scurry back onto the TCU board.
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

salemcoog said:

Alright , Let my preface by saying this is the best board this site of well.. pretty much anywhere. All of the other Pac 12 boards suck or are an out and out embarassment.

But the thing with Husky fan or Jack Husky as they are known as in the great PNW is that a low percentage of them actually attended the school. In fact many of the posters here didn't. Their Uncle or Cousin or maybe their 2 dads loaded the car up on a crisp fall afternoon and went and watched the Huskys lay waste to Oregon State or Cal or maybe WSU back when they were good in the 80's or 90's.

With that said, they love to live in the past. And until this Season most if not all were obsessed with anything Oregon. Afterall they had been ass plungered by them 12 years in a row.

Most of the diehards here are cast offs from Dawgman.com and rightfully so. Shit site Shit mods. When Oregon was being investigated by the NCAA they were all led to believe that Oregon was gonna get something close to the death penalty and when that didn't happen, all hell broke loose. The CEO of Dawgman booted most of the good posters off of the board and a mediocre at best program's fanbase was the epitome of fractured.

This board used to be called Huskyhalfbrain as they were referred to by an "insider of the program" for their disdain for their coach Ty Willingham and the suggestion that He needed to go and the gloves came off. Of course when 0-12 came down in 2008, it was a done deal.

When Jim Mora once again became unemployed, some diehard posters went as far as baking a cake and presenting it as a gift in hopes that He would be their next Coach. Instead they went with Steve Sark who gave them a barely winning program but created even more dissension and this is how this board was born.

The difference in geography and culture between the U's is marked. UW is a commuter school in a shitty neighborhood, who now basically goes after out of state and out of country students to bolster tuition rates. WSU, is in the middle of nowhere. UW thinks that every WSU student .alumn wnted to be a Husky which isn't the truth WSU is however Probably the hardest recruiter job in the Country. But to those athletes who are looking to focus on athletics and academis, they can do so without alot of distractions.

The Cougs haven't had allot of sustained success and seem to shit down their leg when playing the Doogs for anything meaningful. But as much as Huskyfan loves to tout their tradition, the Cougs have more 9 or more win Seasons than the Doogs do over the last 30 years.

New word alert!!!!
    You had to edit that?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

salemcoog said:

New word alert!!!!
    You had to edit that?
    I edit almost every poast. It's a tradition.