Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hello from the Land of Cotton

Comments

• Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    This guy knows to much about us. This must be DDY or his tree guy. But the Atlanta info is on point and appreciated
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Definitely the tree guy. And I love him.

DeepSeaZ said:

This guy knows to much about us. This must be DDY or his tree guy. But the Atlanta info is on point and appreciated

Us Bammers enjoy paying attention to college football nationally.

Unlike the rest of our conference who clings to our robe begging for morsels, we don't need or want to chant SEC SEC SEC all over the place. We are the SEC. So, we cast our eyes Westward looking for the next threat to the throne, and there be ye Huskies.

I've always liked Washington from afar. Awesome stadium, badass colors, seemingly passionate alumni base. You guys ain't half bad.

Fvck you though
  • Options
    AtlantaGumpAtlantaGump Member Posts: 22
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    Any Husky who knew enough to use a Mike Dubose avatar in an elaborate ruse would get two thumbs up from me

Did any of y'all go to Baton Rouge a few years ago?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Any Husky who knew enough to use a Mike Dubose avatar in an elaborate ruse would get two thumbs up from me

Did any of y'all go to Baton Rouge a few years ago?

Yep ... great trip ... had no expectations from the game whatsoever ... made the inevitable anal plungering that much more enjoyable.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I went to Baton Rouge, but I live in the "Land of Cotton" close to ATL (at the time I was in Dallas).

They yelled "Tiger Bait" at us and we had Seven Win as our coach, so we were completely fucked. It was around my bday so mostly an excuse to go carouse in NOLA and fucking carouse we did.

Baton Rouge is no joke: ask Boosie. Even he moved to ATL.
  • Options
    AtlantaGumpAtlantaGump Member Posts: 22
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

I went to Baton Rouge, but I live in the "Land of Cotton" close to ATL (at the time I was in Dallas).

They yelled "Tiger Bait" at us and we had Seven Win as our coach, so we were completely fucked. It was around my bday so mostly an excuse to go carouse in NOLA and fucking carouse we did.

It's a different place for sure. Bucket list trip (I went to the Saban return game in 2008), but not on my return list.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

It's a different place for sure. Bucket list trip (I went to the Saban return game in 2008), but not on my return list.
    Speaking of Coach DuBose, I dated a girl in the Shaun Alexander era whose dad was a huge Bama booster (not like top level, but gave ~50k year) and I was a big Bama fan pre-Saban. Those were fun teams to follow. Antwan Odom and all those DTs out of Memphis you guys paid for.

I even went to Shreveport for Saban's first Bowl Game vs. the Buffs. That was my first experience with actual Bama fans. I'll just let that one sit there.

Anyway, sad to see what's happened to the program under Saban.

• Options

The Tiger Bait didn't really bother me after the game because we were ...

Before the game we tailgated with a fairly well connected City of Baton Rouge employee (I'll just leave it at that) ... we ran into this person on Friday leaving our hotel and he insisted that we attend his tailgate. We went to dinner and ran across another person inviting us to their tailgate ... when we said that we couldn't because we already accepted an invitation to another tailgate this second person laughed and told us it was the same tailgate.

Long story short, there had to be 300+ people at this tailgate and the stories spun to my Yankee friends (like @Dennis_DeYoung I had also lived in Dallas for a time) had them shooting looks at me as if to say that the stories that I had been telling them over the years that they thought were complete bullshit perhaps weren't so bullshit. I laugh any time I talk to those on the trip about the South and the good ole boy network.
  • Options

When your seats as a visitor are at the back row of the stadium seemingly 10k feet in the air ... it's hard to muster the desire to want to go do that again.

That being said, going to a game on a Louisiana Saturday Night should be on every college football fans bucket list.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment