Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tre'Shaun Harrison, 2018 RB/S, Seattle (Garfield), WA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2017
    Tequilla said:

Can we all be in agreement that this team needs a few "Tre'shauns"

Enough fucking Isaiahs, Myleses, Jordans, Elijahs and Jacobs.

I was really hoping we would get a visit from Markeviest Bryant just so we could talk about someone with a decent name for a change.

Thank god for Salvon.

2012? Kreist.
    Dude. You're missing the point. Metro football sucks because nobody turns out for it and the schools are becoming more and more nerdy and SJW oriented where a "violent" sport like Football is frowned upon and maligned in an increasingly soft city - especially in the faggier than shit Mike O'Brien/Rob Johnson areas of the North End. Roady thinks coaching is predominantly to blame, but it's irrelevant when only 30 to 35 kids are turning out. If any Metro public wants to build a competitive football program, they'll have a lot of gray-haired, protester-hippy parents to overcome and a cultural sea-change will have to occur with the exception of perhaps RB - where they still love sports - maybe West Seattle, and maybe Garfield. Cleveland STEM is now Nerd Central and Franklin is not far behind. (Sorry DNC). Long term, Hale will rule over Roosevelt because of how the neighborhoods are changing - and fast. No yards in Roosevelt for a Dad and a kid to throw the ball in, anymore, and Dad will be too old, too feeble, can't throw a spiral, and is married to an SJW like that one thrown off the plane in Baltimore or wherever. 2012 is ancient history, dude.

This is fucking stupid, the demographics of the students that go to Roosevelt and Hale are essentially the same. The reason Seattle Metro football sucks has everything to do with lack of successful youth programs. As someone said earlier the Lake City Braves provides football players for about 5-6 high schools while a school like Bothell or Bellevue gets a giant pipeline with their youth programs because all of the kids in those youth programs go to those schools. If the Seattle metro schools had feeder programs like the suburb schools they would be just as good.
    Feeder programs are crucial. I don't think Turd is entirely wrong about football dying in Seattle. Foosball has always been more of a country folk, suburb game and I think is becoming more and more true, especially in Seattle.
    This is crazy and insane ... look around. Just because the best team starts in Washington are in more affluent areas and same with Orange County, they don't extrapolate to the rest of the country.

For example, I don't think anybody would claim that Grant in Sacramento is overly affluent ... or the same with most DFW and Houston area schools.

What you are speaking to is more local culture driven as well as funding/coaching availability.
    He didn't say it was a money thing, just that fb isn't big in the inner cities. In general, I think that's fair. Sacramento isn't anyone's idea of urban so that doesn't hurt his case. Yes there are southern cities where it matters, but those are the exception. And it's even bigger in the suburbs and rural areas in the south than in the cities.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

I was really hoping we would get a visit from Markeviest Bryant just so we could talk about someone with a decent name for a change.

Thank god for Salvon.

2012? Kreist.
    Dude. You're missing the point. Metro football sucks because nobody turns out for it and the schools are becoming more and more nerdy and SJW oriented where a "violent" sport like Football is frowned upon and maligned in an increasingly soft city - especially in the faggier than shit Mike O'Brien/Rob Johnson areas of the North End. Roady thinks coaching is predominantly to blame, but it's irrelevant when only 30 to 35 kids are turning out. If any Metro public wants to build a competitive football program, they'll have a lot of gray-haired, protester-hippy parents to overcome and a cultural sea-change will have to occur with the exception of perhaps RB - where they still love sports - maybe West Seattle, and maybe Garfield. Cleveland STEM is now Nerd Central and Franklin is not far behind. (Sorry DNC). Long term, Hale will rule over Roosevelt because of how the neighborhoods are changing - and fast. No yards in Roosevelt for a Dad and a kid to throw the ball in, anymore, and Dad will be too old, too feeble, can't throw a spiral, and is married to an SJW like that one thrown off the plane in Baltimore or wherever. 2012 is ancient history, dude.

This is fucking stupid, the demographics of the students that go to Roosevelt and Hale are essentially the same. The reason Seattle Metro football sucks has everything to do with lack of successful youth programs. As someone said earlier the Lake City Braves provides football players for about 5-6 high schools while a school like Bothell or Bellevue gets a giant pipeline with their youth programs because all of the kids in those youth programs go to those schools. If the Seattle metro schools had feeder programs like the suburb schools they would be just as good.
    Feeder programs are crucial. I don't think Turd is entirely wrong about football dying in Seattle. Foosball has always been more of a country folk, suburb game and I think is becoming more and more true, especially in Seattle.
    This is crazy and insane ... look around. Just because the best team starts in Washington are in more affluent areas and same with Orange County, they don't extrapolate to the rest of the country.

For example, I don't think anybody would claim that Grant in Sacramento is overly affluent ... or the same with most DFW and Houston area schools.

What you are speaking to is more local culture driven as well as funding/coaching availability.
    He didn't say it was a money thing, just that fb isn't big in the inner cities. In general, I think that's fair. Sacramento isn't anyone's idea of urban so that doesn't hurt his case. Yes there are southern cities where it matters, but those are the exception. And it's even bigger in the suburbs and rural areas in the south than in the cities.
    Funding is a major inner city issue ... that's true whether you look at athletics, education, etc

What's the threshold for inner cities? Sacramento proper is 500k and the MSA approaches 2.5M
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Thank god for Salvon.

2012? Kreist.

TL; DR
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,915
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    To add to my earlier post, Eklund now says Tre'Shawn Harrison is a heavy Oregon lean. Possibly silent verballed to them on his visit.

I'm sure someone on this bored with a business background can do a staTESTICLE ANALysis of this and provide us with Harrison's blind opportunity cost GDP ratio.

My best guess is that it's around 81.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2017
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Thank god for Salvon.

2012? Kreist.

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

To add to my earlier post, Eklund now says Tre'Shawn Harrison is a heavy Oregon lean. Possibly silent verballed to them on his visit.

I'm sure someone on this bored with a business background can do a staTESTICLE ANALysis of this and provide us with Harrison's blind opportunity cost GDP ratio.

I buy that he's an Oregon lean but don't for a second buy that he silent verballed. Taggart was trying to have as many commits as possible in that 24-hour span... he'd have wanted Tre'Shaun to go public with it if he actually committed.
  • Options
    NEsnake12 said:

I buy that he's an Oregon lean but don't for a second buy that he silent verballed. Taggart was trying to have as many commits as possible in that 24-hour span... he'd have wanted Tre'Shaun to go public with it if he actually committed.
    Bingo.

Either that or he did verbal and then had second thoughts.

Either way, we?re not out of it, if we don't want to be.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    My take is that if he is buying what Willie T is telling him then he's being told what he wants to hear ...

What he wants to hear is that he wants to play offense ...

We are likely telling him he could be an AA safety and be a high pick in the NFL Draft ...

If his heart is being an offensive player, he won't be at Washington

• Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    Tequilla said:

My take is that if he is buying what Willie T is telling him then he's being told what he wants to hear ...

We are likely telling him he could be an AA safety and be a high pick in the NFL Draft ...

Seems similar to the Keivarae Russell situation, and he still ended up as a defensive back when his primary choice didn't work out. Will be interesting if he commits to Oregon given their current DB class.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Tequilla said:

Seems similar to the Keivarae Russell situation, and he still ended up as a defensive back when his primary choice didn't work out. Will be interesting if he commits to Oregon given their current DB class.
    Wasn't that more about Sark and Keivarae's Mom being smart enough to send him away?

Seems more like Austin Joyner situation if we eventually come around to telling him he can play where he wants.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    edited May 2017

Tequilla said:

Wasn't that more about Sark and Keivarae's Mom being smart enough to send him away?

Seems more like Austin Joyner situation if we eventually come around to telling him he can play where he wants.
    You might be right about that. I wasn't actively following HS as much during that time, so I'm just going off what I've read after the fact.

Is Joyner switching actually rumored to be a possibility? Would kind of make sense for depth next year if Gaskin and Coleman leave.

His injury history would worry me there, however.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

You might be right about that. I wasn't actively following HS as much during that time, so I'm just going off what I've read after the fact.

Is Joyner switching actually rumored to be a possibility? Would kind of make sense for depth next year if Gaskin and Coleman leave.

His injury history would worry me there, however.
    IIRC UW was originally recruiting Joyner as a RB. He said he wanted to play corner, and committed to WSU as a corner. UW then told him he could play DB and he gave Leach the finger.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    @jhfstyle24
    yo do us a favor, reach out to your boys in high school and let us know which way this kid is leaning?
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

@jhfstyle24
    yo do us a favor, reach out to your boys in high school and let us know which way this kid is leaning?

last I checked (right after Spring Break, so like 4/20 ish) it was UW, but that was before the Oregon visit/spring game. I will ask tomorrow.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

@jhfstyle24

last I checked (right after Spring Break, so like 4/20 ish) it was UW, but that was before the Oregon visit/spring game. I will ask tomorrow.
    Keep working them phones buddy
  • Options

@jhfstyle24

Don't axe. It's Oregon right now, we already know.

What matters is how he feels in December.