Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tre'Shaun Harrison, 2018 RB/S, Seattle (Garfield), WA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    skinned said:

I fucking love this place. You guys crack me up. I think some of you even believe you know what you're talking about. That's the best part

I have no idea what I am talking about, but FUCK YOU anyway.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Can we all be in agreement that this team needs a few "Tre'shauns"

This is something all of us can get behind!
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

This is something all of us can get behind!
    I'm thinking Cade Otton will be a good candidate to host Tre'Shawn on his official visit.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Enough fucking Isaiahs, Myleses, Jordans, Elijahs and Jacobs.

I was really hoping we would get a visit from Markeviest Bryant just so we could talk about someone with a decent name for a change.

Thank god for Salvon.
  • Options
    skinnedskinned Member Posts: 103
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye said:

skinned said:

I fucking love this place. You guys crack me up. I think some of you even believe you know what you're talking about. That's the best part

You're one of my faves on here...so fuck you too! Yay - we're besties now!
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited February 2017

I was really hoping we would get a visit from Markeviest Bryant just so we could talk about someone with a decent name for a change.

Thank god for Salvon.
    We need Amon-Ra badly.
    For reason to post this song repeatedly if nothing else.
    https://youtu.be/b9VrnCMhJsQ
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    edited February 2017

The more apostrophes, the better.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

tvoie said:

I want this kid horribly. He looks fantastic. Not even sure where you play him he's so good at so many things.

RB.

There aren't many good RBs on the WC next year we are likely to get. There are a lot of great WRs and Ss, so I would put him at RB.
    I'd actually consider recruiting him as an athlete and letting the class start to figure out where he ends up.

I have a hard time believing that he's gotten great coaching at Garfield ... so he's got a great potential to be molded into an elite player at any position he ends up at.
    Sometimes these boreds are so white. Seattle public schools biggest problem isn't coaching. It's small turnouts.

The little league football in the CD and Rainier Valley is still top notch, with heavily involved parents and coaches. You can see future bad-ass players at 10-12 years old. Many or most top performers get plucked by Coker's Man-on-Man mill O'Dea, or Eastside Catholic, Kennedy, Blanchet, AB Murphy, etc. Others will enroll at Bellevue, Newport, Quah, Edmonds-Woodway, or Meadowdale.

Garfield had Mark Stewart for a year, after owning WESCO at Meadowdale for a decade. He moved on, but the current coach is not bad. The hardest thing for Garfield, Franklin, and other Metro Schools is winning games outside of Metro with 25 to 30 players on their sideline, compared to 70 or 80 across the field. Watch an O'Dea practice sometime and you'll see where the in-City talent goes, even though a bunch of them right short buses.
    Coaching, funding, turn out.. The schools plucking those kids have better coaching. It's naive to think otherwise.

Lincoln in Tacoma was very similar to the Seattle schools. Once they got a good coach, kids went to Lincoln instead of Lakes, Curtis, Wilson, Bellarmine, etc. That combined with good coaching made them a good program. It's not rocket science.
    Tacoma has only Bellarmine, Roady. And what kid is going to Franklin if he gets a free ride at Kennedy, Blanchet, O'Dea or Prep.

And if you're right, why couldn't Stewart win at Garfield after going 13-1 a couple times elsewhere? Answer: 85 players vs 25. There's only so many to go around. Metro is a Basketball league.
    I'm sure it's difficult, but you cultivate relationships with the youth programs and recruit. Go to junior highs and get involved with the kids. Give them some pointers, take an interest in their life, meet the parents.

The GTA has Bellarmine, Lakes, Curtis, Mt Tahoma, Wilson, etc. All schools with some good players. Lincoln took players away that would have went to those schools. They also made kids practice, started off season training, and cared about the fucking kids.

No reason why Garfield can't do the same to the Seattle Public Schools. You sell the program, actively get kids to turn out. Despite the difficulties, it's the same as anywhere else. You make the program something that is cool and beneficial to be involved with.

There is a reason only 25-30 kids turn out. The coaching is dreck and I doubt they put anywhere near the effort the coaches at the premier high schools do.
    Not saying it couldn't happen. Saying it won't. No time soon. Not even with proven great coaches like Stewart.
    I'm not as well versed with Garfield football or Stewart as you. I know there are difficulties. Money plays a big part and parents rightfully send their kids to private schools.

It won't happen because the district, principals, and AD's don't really care.

Most the coaches only coach because they enjoy football and have some kind of playing background. They get a little extra money too. They don't want to put in the effort to win.

I've seen it a lot. It even happens at private schools. Why should they put in all that extra effort? It doesn't get them paid more, most have families, and they inherit shitty teams.
    Let me just say FUCKING THIS to this comment. Some Roosevelt parents were advocating putting portables on the football field because the school is crammed, and you know, "Who needs sports? Right?" Fucking awful, horrible people. The fucking worst kinds of dull, boring, dreadful, humorless, joyless mother-fucking people ever. Goddamn, I am growing to hate this fucking city with a passion.

Ironically, Hale is now decent in Football and great in Basketball. And families are now clamoring to get in there, when only a few years back, many were bitching when they got sent to Hale and away from Roosevelt. Horrible cunts.
    Roosevelt was already full of insufferable hipster do gooders in the mid 90s when I was at Franklin. I can't imagine how bad that place sucks 20 years later.
    How's Venoy doing these days?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2017

Thank god allah for Salvon.
    Fixed
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

skinned said:

Swaye said:

skinned said:

You're one of my faves on here...so fuck you too! Yay - we're besties now!
    Back off bitch
    He may not realize that we fuck. A lot.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,075
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

tvoie said:

I want this kid horribly. He looks fantastic. Not even sure where you play him he's so good at so many things.

RB.

There aren't many good RBs on the WC next year we are likely to get. There are a lot of great WRs and Ss, so I would put him at RB.
    I'd actually consider recruiting him as an athlete and letting the class start to figure out where he ends up.

I have a hard time believing that he's gotten great coaching at Garfield ... so he's got a great potential to be molded into an elite player at any position he ends up at.
    Sometimes these boreds are so white. Seattle public schools biggest problem isn't coaching. It's small turnouts.

The little league football in the CD and Rainier Valley is still top notch, with heavily involved parents and coaches. You can see future bad-ass players at 10-12 years old. Many or most top performers get plucked by Coker's Man-on-Man mill O'Dea, or Eastside Catholic, Kennedy, Blanchet, AB Murphy, etc. Others will enroll at Bellevue, Newport, Quah, Edmonds-Woodway, or Meadowdale.

Garfield had Mark Stewart for a year, after owning WESCO at Meadowdale for a decade. He moved on, but the current coach is not bad. The hardest thing for Garfield, Franklin, and other Metro Schools is winning games outside of Metro with 25 to 30 players on their sideline, compared to 70 or 80 across the field. Watch an O'Dea practice sometime and you'll see where the in-City talent goes, even though a bunch of them right short buses.
    Coaching, funding, turn out.. The schools plucking those kids have better coaching. It's naive to think otherwise.

Lincoln in Tacoma was very similar to the Seattle schools. Once they got a good coach, kids went to Lincoln instead of Lakes, Curtis, Wilson, Bellarmine, etc. That combined with good coaching made them a good program. It's not rocket science.
    Tacoma has only Bellarmine, Roady. And what kid is going to Franklin if he gets a free ride at Kennedy, Blanchet, O'Dea or Prep.

And if you're right, why couldn't Stewart win at Garfield after going 13-1 a couple times elsewhere? Answer: 85 players vs 25. There's only so many to go around. Metro is a Basketball league.
    I'm sure it's difficult, but you cultivate relationships with the youth programs and recruit. Go to junior highs and get involved with the kids. Give them some pointers, take an interest in their life, meet the parents.

The GTA has Bellarmine, Lakes, Curtis, Mt Tahoma, Wilson, etc. All schools with some good players. Lincoln took players away that would have went to those schools. They also made kids practice, started off season training, and cared about the fucking kids.

No reason why Garfield can't do the same to the Seattle Public Schools. You sell the program, actively get kids to turn out. Despite the difficulties, it's the same as anywhere else. You make the program something that is cool and beneficial to be involved with.

There is a reason only 25-30 kids turn out. The coaching is dreck and I doubt they put anywhere near the effort the coaches at the premier high schools do.
    Not saying it couldn't happen. Saying it won't. No time soon. Not even with proven great coaches like Stewart.
    I'm not as well versed with Garfield football or Stewart as you. I know there are difficulties. Money plays a big part and parents rightfully send their kids to private schools.

Most the coaches only coach because they enjoy football and have some kind of playing background. They get a little extra money too. They don't want to put in the effort to win.

I've seen it a lot. It even happens at private schools. Why should they put in all that extra effort? It doesn't get them paid more, most have families, and they inherit shitty teams.
    Let me just say FUCKING THIS to this comment. Some Roosevelt parents were advocating putting portables on the football field because the school is crammed, and you know, "Who needs sports? Right?" Fucking awful, horrible people. The fucking worst kinds of dull, boring, dreadful, humorless, joyless mother-fucking people ever. Goddamn, I am growing to hate this fucking city with a passion.

Ironically, Hale is now decent in Football and great in Basketball. And families are now clamoring to get in there, when only a few years back, many were bitching when they got sent to Hale and away from Roosevelt. Horrible cunts.
    Hale still sucks at football and virtually everything else.

Roosevelt, Garfield and Ballard after working years to play up to Kingco 4A levels, are now playing down to the metro public competition.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

#FeQBaby

Fixed. #neverforgettheearthinearthquakers
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

tvoie said:

RB.

Roosevelt was already full of insufferable hipster do gooders in the mid 90s when I was at Franklin. I can't imagine how bad that place sucks 20 years later.
    If by hipsters you mean beer drinking white hat wearing future frat bros majoring in construction management then you'd be correct. There were a fair amount of granola's but they were far and few and most of them embraced corporate america or cross fit after enrolling college. Now the AP, Marine Biology kids at Garfield who lived in the Roosevelt enrollment area, yes insufferable hipsters.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

tvoie said:

RB.

Hale still sucks at football and virtually everything else.

Roosevelt, Garfield and Ballard after working years to play up to Kingco 4A levels, are now playing down to the metro public competition.
    Okay, Hales mediocre, but a winning record at least. Have you seen Sealth, Cleveland or Ingraham play? If NH sucks, what properly describes those shit shows?