Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We're gonna get fucked over by the committee

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Up voted for an over abundance of irrational late season doog induced emotion
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2016
    Tequilla said:

Clemson is going to lose irregardless so you are poont is mute

I think they will. Maybe even today. South Carolina has a good true freshman QB and Muschamp almost always has a good defense. Rivalry game, Clemson all year. 25% chance of an upset.
    Fuck oh dear!

Good call Roadie!

Fuck you guys know about as much about ACC football as ACC fans know about the Pac-12.

Clemson was not losing to SC and won't lose to VaTech with something on the line.

Washington, much as I love them, has a shit resume. They've played one good team and looked like they didn't belong on the field. At home.

Still, the playoff will be:

1-Bama
    2-Ohio State (non conf champ, lol @ the stupid fucking 'playoff')
    3-Clemson
    4-Washington

And we are going to get unceremoniously drubbed in ATL after 4 weeks of everyone saying we are a fraud.

YAY!
    I've watched a fair amount of Clemson. They know they are better and coast much of the time.

I didn't know shit about South Carolina except for a recent article about a freshman phenom QB that was obviously a puff piece. I gave them a 25% chance. That doesn't look good with a blowout, but 25% means I thought Clemson had a 81% chance to win.

A loss to Pitt is worse than one to USC. I know you love Clemson, but they haven't played too well (for an 11-1 team) most of the year. And the ACC is fucking horrible. It really is.
    So you go run your mouth about how you think Clemson will lose in their rivalry game because you read a FUCKING ARTICLE ... you obviously haven't watched the games this year and are busy running your mouth with opinions on shit you don't have a fucking clue about ...

At least when Puppy decides to give his opinions that are just flat out wrong at least he's watched the games and didn't have his meds dialed in ... you in contrast are just a fucking idiot.
    Didn't pick Clemson to lose. Said they had a small chance. I have not been impressed with them when I've watched them other than the first quarter of last night.

12-1, Emmert, Sark year 5, Mariners... You are AuburnDawg's son and a Kim, Fleenor type yet you somehow believe you aren't.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Our best case scenario is that the committee views conference championships positively and so it puts Clemson and us 2 and 3 behind Bama. Then puts tOSU in at 4 with the rationale that they didn't win a championship game.

Maybe if we blow out the Buff and Clemson only slides by the Gobbler, we can flip to 2 and be guaranteed a spot in PHX.

Honestly, I think it's not a tremendously unlikely scenario, given that the committee may want to show some veneer of commitment to their own criteria regarding conference championships.

Playing Clemson in PHX would obviously be special.

I think that there's a decent chance this happens ...

If you go back 2 years ago to the first voting, the rankings before the conference championship game were as follows:

1) Alabama
    2) Oregon
    3) TCU
    4) Florida St
    5) Ohio St
    6) Baylor

Alabama and Oregon won their conference championships rather easily. Florida State was the undefeated team from the shit conference and they won their conference championship game against Georgia Tech 37-35 in very unimpressive fashion. Ohio St won the Big 10 title game in overly impressive fashion beating Wisconsin 59-0.

The 2 trouble teams in the rankings were TCU and Baylor as they tied for the Big 12 championship ... Baylor beat TCU outright but many viewed TCU as the better team. The last weekend of the season Baylor finished their season beating a Top 10 Kansas St 38-27 whereas TCU drubbed a lowly Iowa St team 55-3.

In the final rankings, Ohio St jumped both of the Big 12 teams due to 1) a pure conference championship vs a shared conference championship and 2) not having the 13th data point. Baylor jumped TCU by virtue of the head to head win and the shared conference championship ... final rankings looked like:

1) Alabama
    2) Oregon
    3) Florida St
    4) Ohio St

Fast forwarding to this year, I think Alabama is #1 even if they lose to Florida at this point. Both Clemson and Washington will be pure conference champions if they win over the weekend. Ohio State can't. Wisconsin and Penn St can but they would be 2 loss teams at that point. Wisconsin has a head to head problem in that they've lost to both Michigan and Ohio State (wouldn't shock me if Michigan moves to the 5 spot in this week's rankings). Penn St does have the H2H win over Ohio State, but got drubbed by Michigan and probably just as importantly lost to Pitt who beat Clemson.

Let's assume everybody wins and it becomes Clemson, Washington, and Ohio State fighting it out for 2-4 ...

Clemson: above average OOC (2 SEC teams including road win at Auburn and rivalry game vs South Carolina, 2 cupcakes); 8 conference games + conference title game; home loss to possible top 25 team; 3 wins over Top 25 teams w/ Va Tech to come; 5 of 12 games 1 score games; should have lost to NC State

Washington: weak OOC (1 P5 team, arguably bottom 5 P5 team); 9 conference games + conference title game; home loss to Top 10 team; likely 4 Top 25 wins w/ 2 of 4 on road and 1 neutral (1 top 10 win)

Ohio St: strong OOC (@Oklahoma, 9-3 Tulsa); 9 conference games; road loss to Top 10 team; likely 4 Top 25 wins (2 top 10 wins); no 13th data point

These resumes look relatively comparable in a lot of ways ... the 13th game for UW will bring the resume with Ohio State into a comparable area. Clemson is a bit of a wild card because they've probably got a decent amount of cred for being in the title game last year and getting the benefit of the doubt. That being said, they've looked the least impressive in spots this year.

From a Washington standpoint, particularly if we have an impressive win against Colorado, I don't see a way that we'll be excluded ... our resume becomes solid enough at that point with the big wart coming against a team that few want to play right now. So the question that I have is 1) how much does Ohio St get penalized for not winning their conference and 2) if Clemson has a nail biter how much of their resume starts to fall behind that of Ohio State and Washington?

If I was a bettor right now, I'd predict that we'll end up with the 3 seed.
    Disagree.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Our best case scenario is that the committee views conference championships positively and so it puts Clemson and us 2 and 3 behind Bama. Then puts tOSU in at 4 with the rationale that they didn't win a championship game.

Maybe if we blow out the Buff and Clemson only slides by the Gobbler, we can flip to 2 and be guaranteed a spot in PHX.

Honestly, I think it's not a tremendously unlikely scenario, given that the committee may want to show some veneer of commitment to their own criteria regarding conference championships.

If you go back 2 years ago to the first voting, the rankings before the conference championship game were as follows:

1) Alabama
    2) Oregon
    3) TCU
    4) Florida St
    5) Ohio St
    6) Baylor

Alabama and Oregon won their conference championships rather easily. Florida State was the undefeated team from the shit conference and they won their conference championship game against Georgia Tech 37-35 in very unimpressive fashion. Ohio St won the Big 10 title game in overly impressive fashion beating Wisconsin 59-0.

The 2 trouble teams in the rankings were TCU and Baylor as they tied for the Big 12 championship ... Baylor beat TCU outright but many viewed TCU as the better team. The last weekend of the season Baylor finished their season beating a Top 10 Kansas St 38-27 whereas TCU drubbed a lowly Iowa St team 55-3.

In the final rankings, Ohio St jumped both of the Big 12 teams due to 1) a pure conference championship vs a shared conference championship and 2) not having the 13th data point. Baylor jumped TCU by virtue of the head to head win and the shared conference championship ... final rankings looked like:

1) Alabama
    2) Oregon
    3) Florida St
    4) Ohio St

Fast forwarding to this year, I think Alabama is #1 even if they lose to Florida at this point. Both Clemson and Washington will be pure conference champions if they win over the weekend. Ohio State can't. Wisconsin and Penn St can but they would be 2 loss teams at that point. Wisconsin has a head to head problem in that they've lost to both Michigan and Ohio State (wouldn't shock me if Michigan moves to the 5 spot in this week's rankings). Penn St does have the H2H win over Ohio State, but got drubbed by Michigan and probably just as importantly lost to Pitt who beat Clemson.

Let's assume everybody wins and it becomes Clemson, Washington, and Ohio State fighting it out for 2-4 ...

Clemson: above average OOC (2 SEC teams including road win at Auburn and rivalry game vs South Carolina, 2 cupcakes); 8 conference games + conference title game; home loss to possible top 25 team; 3 wins over Top 25 teams w/ Va Tech to come; 5 of 12 games 1 score games; should have lost to NC State

Washington: weak OOC (1 P5 team, arguably bottom 5 P5 team); 9 conference games + conference title game; home loss to Top 10 team; likely 4 Top 25 wins w/ 2 of 4 on road and 1 neutral (1 top 10 win)

Ohio St: strong OOC (@Oklahoma, 9-3 Tulsa); 9 conference games; road loss to Top 10 team; likely 4 Top 25 wins (2 top 10 wins); no 13th data point

These resumes look relatively comparable in a lot of ways ... the 13th game for UW will bring the resume with Ohio State into a comparable area. Clemson is a bit of a wild card because they've probably got a decent amount of cred for being in the title game last year and getting the benefit of the doubt. That being said, they've looked the least impressive in spots this year.

From a Washington standpoint, particularly if we have an impressive win against Colorado, I don't see a way that we'll be excluded ... our resume becomes solid enough at that point with the big wart coming against a team that few want to play right now. So the question that I have is 1) how much does Ohio St get penalized for not winning their conference and 2) if Clemson has a nail biter how much of their resume starts to fall behind that of Ohio State and Washington?

Disagree.
    Did you need to go read another article to come up with that opinion?
    I would like it if you two would hatefuck each other.
    I'll film it with my golves off!
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

1) Alabama
    2) Oregon
    3) TCU
    4) Florida St
    5) Ohio St
    6) Baylor

1) Alabama
    2) Oregon
    3) Florida St
    4) Ohio St

Disagree.
    Did you need to go read another article to come up with that opinion?
    I would like it if you two would hatefuck each other.
    They should have a YouTube show called 'Rival Husky fans tell each other what's what'. They should come out as my co-dads in the first episode and acknowledge how much it hurts me when they fight.
    The O/U is 5 views.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Yes, and duly noted by Pup 2 years ago
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Solid post Tequila
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

If Wisconsin beats Penn State then maybe.

But if Penn State beats Wiscy, no way does the committee slot OSU #4 and Penn State #5 and have to try and defend that position.

As Desmond Howard (who brings very little to the party, but was right on this one) said on gameday. "If you flipped Ohio State and Penn State's scenarios and Ohio State was the team that in the end won the Big 10 and beat Penn State head to head, do you honestly think the Buckeyes don't jump Penn State?

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

1) Alabama
    2) Oregon
    3) TCU
    4) Florida St
    5) Ohio St
    6) Baylor

1) Alabama
    2) Oregon
    3) Florida St
    4) Ohio St

here's the problem.
    Clemson and tOSU are elite programs, UW isn't.
    UW will not be given the benefit of the doubt whether we like it or not.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think they will. Maybe even today. South Carolina has a good true freshman QB and Muschamp almost always has a good defense. Rivalry game, Clemson all year. 25% chance of an upset.
    Fuck oh dear!

Good call Roadie!

Fuck you guys know about as much about ACC football as ACC fans know about the Pac-12.

Clemson was not losing to SC and won't lose to VaTech with something on the line.

Washington, much as I love them, has a shit resume. They've played one good team and looked like they didn't belong on the field. At home.

1-Bama
    3-Clemson
    4-Washington

And we are going to get unceremoniously drubbed in ATL after 4 weeks of everyone saying we are a fraud.

YAY!
    I've watched a fair amount of Clemson. They know they are better and coast much of the time.

I didn't know shit about South Carolina except for a recent article about a freshman phenom QB that was obviously a puff piece. I gave them a 25% chance. That doesn't look good with a blowout, but 25% means I thought Clemson had a 81% chance to win.

A loss to Pitt is worse than one to USC. I know you love Clemson, but they haven't played too well (for an 11-1 team) most of the year. And the ACC is fucking horrible. It really is.
    You nailed it when you said 'Clemson knows they are better and coasts'. I don't think the loss to Pitt is particularly fetching either. It's just a funny reality to watch pots calling kettles blick and ISAFNRC.

Washington's best win is... ?? WSU? Stanford? Utah? Lost to a good team in USC. They had an overtime close call with shit-stain Arizona.

Clemson's best win is either Auburn on the road, or FSU on the road. Probably better wins than any of UW's. Obviously beat LVille @ home, but that's sort of like beating Stanford at this point. Their close call at home to NCSU is not worse than the one @ Zona.

So, Clemson has the two best wins, and a worse loss, but the 'close game' is a push. They definitely 'coasted' way more than UW did, but if you are just focusing on the Pitt and NCSU games it would be like focusing on AZ and USC for UW.
    The oxyies are frying your brain, Dennis.

-Stanford is a better win than auburn
    -colorado* is a better win than FSU
    -USC is a much better loss than Pitt

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    doogville said:

Fuck oh dear!

Good call Roadie!

1-Bama
    3-Clemson
    4-Washington

YAY!

You nailed it when you said 'Clemson knows they are better and coasts'. I don't think the loss to Pitt is particularly fetching either. It's just a funny reality to watch pots calling kettles blick and ISAFNRC.

Washington's best win is... ?? WSU? Stanford? Utah? Lost to a good team in USC. They had an overtime close call with shit-stain Arizona.

Clemson's best win is either Auburn on the road, or FSU on the road. Probably better wins than any of UW's. Obviously beat LVille @ home, but that's sort of like beating Stanford at this point. Their close call at home to NCSU is not worse than the one @ Zona.

So, Clemson has the two best wins, and a worse loss, but the 'close game' is a push. They definitely 'coasted' way more than UW did, but if you are just focusing on the Pitt and NCSU games it would be like focusing on AZ and USC for UW.

Auburn on the road >>> Stanford at home
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

doogville said:

Fuck oh dear!

Good call Roadie!

1-Bama
    3-Clemson
    4-Washington

YAY!

Auburn on the road >>> Stanford at home
    No, a six pt win over auburn is not better than demolishing Stanford.

Clemson is not a team that should finish ahead of us based on resume.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,562
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Auburn ended up with a boatload of losses