Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We're gonna get fucked over by the committee

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye said:

If we play SC next week and win, there is no fucking way we(?) get left out. It is the next best thing to being undefeated when you avenge your only loss. Last I checked, we have only one team left that is still undefeated. We could be even ranked 2nd if we destroy SC next week.

If we play the Buffs, there is a small chance we get left out. But it would make the committee look like idiots (but we all know there are lots of idiots on that committee to start with) especially if we go on to win the Rose Bowl.

But first thing first, win next week's game!

A win against SC is enough. A win over Colorado probably requires some style points to be sure.
    The committee likes Colorado more than USC.
    I'm with boobs. I don't know why anyone would want USC. The committee has Colorado ranked higher therefore it helps us more to beat them. Simple.
    The one valid argument for a Colorado loss is that it boosts Utah a bit.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

Clemson is going to lose irregardless so you are poont is mute

I think they will. Maybe even today. South Carolina has a good true freshman QB and Muschamp almost always has a good defense. Rivalry game, Clemson all year. 25% chance of an upset.
    the true freshman looks like hot garbage thus far
    Yeah, but still...
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

Penn state has an absolutely horseshit OOC, Kent state, Pitt (L), and Temple. How that is not discussed is baffling.

That still is a way better OOC than UW's. If we just had some random shit 8-4 type team in our OOC we would have nothing to worry about.

Instead we played possibly the worst P5 team, Idaho, and Portland State.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,360
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

dhdawg said:

worst case, if UW wins next week of course, is a rose bowl berth against Michigan. which isn't bad either

It would be pretty devastating.

It should be obvious to anyone that UW is a top 4 team. No team in the country has as balanced of a team as UW.

We can run, we can throw, we have playmakers, we stop the run, we have a great secondary, and we are well coached. No other team has an offense and defense on UW's level. Both are very good to elite.

Other than Arizona, we have destroyed every team we should have. We score 40+ and we hold them under 21.
    Alabama is just as balanced and better.

Hope this helps.
    Their defense is better and they are deeper. If you think their offense is better, I have some oceanside property in South Dakota to sell you.
    Oglala Lakota Nation!!! TRUE???!!!
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2016

Swaye said:

If we play SC next week and win, there is no fucking way we(?) get left out. It is the next best thing to being undefeated when you avenge your only loss. Last I checked, we have only one team left that is still undefeated. We could be even ranked 2nd if we destroy SC next week.

If we play the Buffs, there is a small chance we get left out. But it would make the committee look like idiots (but we all know there are lots of idiots on that committee to start with) especially if we go on to win the Rose Bowl.

But first thing first, win next week's game!

A win against SC is enough. A win over Colorado probably requires some style points to be sure.
    The committee likes Colorado more than USC.
    I'm with boobs. I don't know why anyone would want USC. The committee has Colorado ranked higher therefore it helps us more to beat them. Simple.
    The one valid argument for a Colorado loss is that it boosts Utah a bit.
    Colorado is 9th today. With a win, they stay at 9 or move to 8

Utah (22) beats Colorado, they may get to 18 or 17

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

dhdawg said:

worst case, if UW wins next week of course, is a rose bowl berth against Michigan. which isn't bad either

It would be pretty devastating.

It should be obvious to anyone that UW is a top 4 team. No team in the country has as balanced of a team as UW.

We can run, we can throw, we have playmakers, we stop the run, we have a great secondary, and we are well coached. No other team has an offense and defense on UW's level. Both are very good to elite.

Other than Arizona, we have destroyed every team we should have. We score 40+ and we hold them under 21.
    they Disagree

• Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Meek said:

No way the committee members that should support Pac-12 will get us in. Willingham and Haden would rather die than put us in.

Then die they shall.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I think they will. Maybe even today. South Carolina has a good true freshman QB and Muschamp almost always has a good defense. Rivalry game, Clemson all year. 25% chance of an upset.
    Good call Roadie!

Fuck you guys know about as much about ACC football as ACC fans know about the Pac-12.

Clemson was not losing to SC and won't lose to VaTech with something on the line.

Washington, much as I love them, has a shit resume. They've played one good team and looked like they didn't belong on the field. At home.

Still, the playoff will be:

1-Bama
    2-Ohio State (non conf champ, lol @ the stupid fucking 'playoff')
    3-Clemson
    4-Washington

And we are going to get unceremoniously drubbed in ATL after 4 weeks of everyone saying we are a fraud.

YAY!
    PISS OFF DENNIS
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    The ACC IS COMPLETE DRECK OUTSIDE OF A MEH LOUISVILLE AND FSU, AND OF COURSE CLUMPSON
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    South Carolina is horrible. i just assumed they would give Clemson a game cause they are an sec team.
    they beat Umass by 6, beat east carolina by 5, and beat western carolina by 13. they suck
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Fuck oh dear!

Good call Roadie!

Fuck you guys know about as much about ACC football as ACC fans know about the Pac-12.

Clemson was not losing to SC and won't lose to VaTech with something on the line.

Washington, much as I love them, has a shit resume. They've played one good team and looked like they didn't belong on the field. At home.

1-Bama
    3-Clemson
    4-Washington

And we are going to get unceremoniously drubbed in ATL after 4 weeks of everyone saying we are a fraud.

YAY!
    I've watched a fair amount of Clemson. They know they are better and coast much of the time.

I didn't know shit about South Carolina except for a recent article about a freshman phenom QB that was obviously a puff piece. I gave them a 25% chance. That doesn't look good with a blowout, but 25% means I thought Clemson had a 81% chance to win.

A loss to Pitt is worse than one to USC. I know you love Clemson, but they haven't played too well (for an 11-1 team) most of the year. And the ACC is fucking horrible. It really is.
    You nailed it when you said 'Clemson knows they are better and coasts'. I don't think the loss to Pitt is particularly fetching either. It's just a funny reality to watch pots calling kettles blick and ISAFNRC.

Washington's best win is... ?? WSU? Stanford? Utah? Lost to a good team in USC. They had an overtime close call with shit-stain Arizona.

Clemson's best win is either Auburn on the road, or FSU on the road. Probably better wins than any of UW's. Obviously beat LVille @ home, but that's sort of like beating Stanford at this point. Their close call at home to NCSU is not worse than the one @ Zona.

So, Clemson has the two best wins, and a worse loss, but the 'close game' is a push. They definitely 'coasted' way more than UW did, but if you are just focusing on the Pitt and NCSU games it would be like focusing on AZ and USC for UW.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited November 2016

Fuck oh dear!

Good call Roadie!

1-Bama
    3-Clemson
    4-Washington

YAY!
    I've watched a fair amount of Clemson. They know they are better and coast much of the time.

I didn't know shit about South Carolina except for a recent article about a freshman phenom QB that was obviously a puff piece. I gave them a 25% chance. That doesn't look good with a blowout, but 25% means I thought Clemson had a 81% chance to win.

A loss to Pitt is worse than one to USC. I know you love Clemson, but they haven't played too well (for an 11-1 team) most of the year. And the ACC is fucking horrible. It really is.
    You nailed it when you said 'Clemson knows they are better and coasts'. I don't think the loss to Pitt is particularly fetching either. It's just a funny reality to watch pots calling kettles blick and ISAFNRC.

Washington's best win is... ?? WSU? Stanford? Utah? Lost to a good team in USC. They had an overtime close call with shit-stain Arizona.

Clemson's best win is either Auburn on the road, or FSU on the road. Probably better wins than any of UW's. Obviously beat LVille @ home, but that's sort of like beating Stanford at this point. Their close call at home to NCSU is not worse than the one @ Zona.

So, Clemson has the two best wins, and a worse loss, but the 'close game' is a push. They definitely 'coasted' way more than UW did, but if you are just focusing on the Pitt and NCSU games it would be like focusing on AZ and USC for UW.
    I see your point and agree. Better wins, but a worse loss. I think UW could beat them, but they should be the 3 seed. maybe 2 given they've won their conference
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Penn state has an absolutely horseshit OOC, Kent state, Pitt (L), and Temple. How that is not discussed is baffling.

And a loss to Pitt @ home in Pittsburgh (more PSU fans than Pitt at Heinz filed)
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,122
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited November 2016
    This is what we get to listen to for a whole week http://es.pn/2fE5JdR

Joey you are flying your homer flag a little too shamefully
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bama in,

Ohio State in (no scenario moves them from being #2 to out w/ wins versus OU/Michigan/Wisconsin and them being The Ohio State Univ)

Clemson in w/ win in ACC Champ.

Selection committee would LOVE to keep Michigan in mix as there will be people in that room who are thinking if OSU is #2, then Michigan is 2A after the double ot loss. Could they only push them down to #4?

Also think if Penn State wins the Big 10, selection committee doesn't have stones to keep Ohio State in, yet keep Penn State out.

So if we go 12-1 and don't get in, then the lesson for UW is non-conf. schedule matters.

And Larry Scott: You better make a phone call Monday to Texas and OU about joining the conf. to strengthen the image, because right now the national perception is we play no defense, night games that get over at 2:00 am e.s.t that no one east of the State of Utah watches or cares about.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Fuck oh dear!

Good call Roadie!

1-Bama
    3-Clemson
    4-Washington

YAY!

So you go run your mouth about how you think Clemson will lose in their rivalry game because you read a FUCKING ARTICLE ... you obviously haven't watched the games this year and are busy running your mouth with opinions on shit you don't have a fucking clue about ...

At least when Puppy decides to give his opinions that are just flat out wrong at least he's watched the games and didn't have his meds dialed in ... you in contrast are just a fucking idiot.