Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We're gonna get fucked over by the committee

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

If we play SC next week and win, there is no fucking way we(?) get left out. It is the next best thing to being undefeated when you avenge your only loss. Last I checked, we have only one team left that is still undefeated. We could be even ranked 2nd if we destroy SC next week.

If we play the Buffs, there is a small chance we get left out. But it would make the committee look like idiots (but we all know there are lots of idiots on that committee to start with) especially if we go on to win the Rose Bowl.

But first thing first, win next week's game!

A win against SC is enough. A win over Colorado probably requires some style points to be sure.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    priapism said:

Florida wins against Bama. Discuss.

they'd have to win at Tallahassee as well. not happening
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Clemson isn't a lock.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The more I think about it...

Nope. If the committee thought that Washington's easy schedule was a problem, then they would have had Wisconsin or Penn State ahead of them. They'll be top 4 this upcoming Tuesday and won't be dropped if they win against a top 20 team next week in the Pac 12 Championship Game. Two Big 10 teams over the PAC 12 champion is only possible if the PAC 12 south wins.

If Wisconsin wins, I see the committee flipping Ohio State off and leaving them out of the playoffs.

12-1 power five conference team in Washington with numerous ranked wins would not get left out.

Too much logic for this joint.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,359
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    priapism said:

Bama gets in irregardless. End of discussion.
  • Options
    TheHB said:

priapism said:

he's talking about florida with 2 losses I assume
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Clemson is going to lose irregardless so you are poont is mute

I think they will. Maybe even today. South Carolina has a good true freshman QB and Muschamp almost always has a good defense. Rivalry game, Clemson all year. 25% chance of an upset.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

TheHB said:

priapism said:

he's talking about florida with 2 losses I assume
    Sorry, I was too focused on the good team in that scenario. Don't think the Gators can make up that much ground, though.

Its all mute though because it won't happen.
  • Options

Clemson is going to lose irregardless so you are poont is mute

I think they will. Maybe even today. South Carolina has a good true freshman QB and Muschamp almost always has a good defense. Rivalry game, Clemson all year. 25% chance of an upset.
    the true freshman looks like hot garbage thus far
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Utah punt return touchdown. Fuck. Everything has gone the wrong way for us today.
  • Options

Utah punt return touchdown. Fuck. Everything has gone the wrong way for us today.

if you are confident we beat USC, root like hard for Utah. a win over colorado puts Utah back in the top 15
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

if you are confident we beat USC, root like hard for Utah. a win over colorado puts Utah back in the top 15
    I'm not confident in beating USC.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dhdawg said:

I'm not confident in beating USC.
    If Peterman is the coach we think he is, UW should win rather easily, say 34-17.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

dhdawg said:

worst case, if UW wins next week of course, is a rose bowl berth against Michigan. which isn't bad either

It would be pretty devastating.

It should be obvious to anyone that UW is a top 4 team. No team in the country has as balanced of a team as UW.

We can run, we can throw, we have playmakers, we stop the run, we have a great secondary, and we are well coached. No other team has an offense and defense on UW's level. Both are very good to elite.

Other than Arizona, we have destroyed every team we should have. We score 40+ and we hold them under 21.
    Alabama is just as balanced and better.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    priapism said:

Bama is still the #1 seed.

You can't drop then out after losing 40 members of their team in a bus crash on the way to Atlanta.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,122
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

dhdawg said:

worst case, if UW wins next week of course, is a rose bowl berth against Michigan. which isn't bad either

It should be obvious to anyone that UW is a top 4 team. No team in the country has as balanced of a team as UW.

We can run, we can throw, we have playmakers, we stop the run, we have a great secondary, and we are well coached. No other team has an offense and defense on UW's level. Both are very good to elite.

Other than Arizona, we have destroyed every team we should have. We score 40+ and we hold them under 21.

Hope this helps.
    Alabamas offense is horribly unbalanced in a doogtastic run every down kinda way. IFFFFF you could ever clog up their run game and keep that dude in the pocket the ints will rain down.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dhdawg said:

Hope this helps.
    Their defense is better and they are deeper. If you think their offense is better, I have some oceanside property in South Dakota to sell you.