Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Julius Irvin, 4* 2018 DB, Anaheim (Servite), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I get all of that networking shit. All I'm saying is that he should at least give himself a CHANCE at an NFL career by actually getting coached up before settling on using his USC alum connections to get a job with some insurance company.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,731
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    BallzDeep said:

Would love to get Irvin but we don't fucking need this kid. We have a shit load of corners that could move to safety to fill out the depth there or get more playing time like Austin Joyner, Elijah Molden, and Kyler Gordon. Jimmy will figure out who best fits where to put the best guys on the field.

How do you quantify "shit load"?
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    BallzDeep said:

Would love to get Irvin but we don't fucking need this kid. We have a shit load of corners that could move to safety to fill out the depth there or get more playing time like Austin Joyner, Elijah Molden, and Kyler Gordon. Jimmy will figure out who best fits where to put the best guys on the field.

I'm praying Joyner gets moved to FS. He would be superb there.
    Macintosh to SS and Rapp to slot corner. Budda played his
    last year as a slot cover and was fantastic because they used him to rush the
    QB from there. Rapp would excel there and definitely help
    the pass rush.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whuggy said:

BallzDeep said:

the pass rush.
    Tough call with Rapp. It would be nice to get him invoolved closer to the line because he’s a great tackler. He’s an even better tackler than Budda.

Budda was so good on bubble screens and such. They couldn’t block him and he would sniff everything out.

Joyner would be very good in the slot as well. He’s a big hitter and is quick.
  • Options

whuggy said:

BallzDeep said:

the pass rush.
    Tough call with Rapp. It would be nice to get him invoolved closer to the line because he’s a great tackler. He’s an even better tackler than Budda.

Budda was so good on bubble screens and such. They couldn’t block him and he would sniff everything out.

I like Joyner more facing the play than back to the play which you need out of a cover guy.
    Plus his hitting from a FS spot would be ridiculous. I want Rapp on the line using his cover
    skills but also rushing the passer to make up for what we don't have from the bigger guys.
    Mix in Mcintosh as a SS/Hybrid type like Kam Chancellor and you have one hell of a secondary with Miller and Murphy outside. That's the best back end in the country.
  • Options
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

BallzDeep said:

the pass rush.

I like Joyner more facing the play than back to the play which you need out of a cover guy.
    Plus his hitting from a FS spot would be ridiculous. I want Rapp on the line using his cover
    skills but also rushing the passer to make up for what we don't have from the bigger guys.
    Mix in Mcintosh as a SS/Hybrid type like Kam Chancellor and you have one hell of a secondary with Miller and Murphy outside. That's the best back end in the country.
    Sure but the depth is still thin.
  • Options

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

BallzDeep said:

the pass rush.

Don't agree. Keith Taylor, Molden, Gilchrist, Gordon, Brandon McKinney
    are all 4 star backups. That's ridiculous depth. Also Myles Bryant and
    possibly Alex Cook.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

BallzDeep said:

the pass rush.

What makes you think this? There's plenty of talent in the depth. I don't think Jimmy Lake forgot how to develop. I think there's enough depth a stud like Hampton will end up redshirting.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,932
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

BallzDeep said:

the pass rush.

possibly Alex Cook.
    Yes, but none of those guys were all-Pac 12 as freshmen. They are all being shipped to Montana State so we can bring in new guys who aren't busts.
  • Options
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

BallzDeep said:

the pass rush.

possibly Alex Cook.
    Not counting Alex Cook who hasn't moved yet you named six players for five positions. Hampton is seven.

Of those seven one has been shown to be serviceable although physically limited. The other six have not played significantly and are therefore unknowns. Five in their first or second year in the program and Gilchrist is a R-so.

I liked all those guys as recruits but I liked Kent Love too. The fact is there is always a high risk of attrition unless you're talking about a Buddah type who is ready from day one on campus.

Injury, homesickness, academis, mental health, disagreements with coaches, playing time, just plain sucking...all are risks until they are not. On average at least two of those six kids will not make a meaningful contribution to UW football on the field.

Serviceable depth would be two-theee more bodies all of which have played meaningful snaps.

Ridiculous depth would be having another set of Miller, Murphy, Rapp, and Aus on the bench.
  • Options

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

BallzDeep said:

the pass rush.

possibly Alex Cook.
    Yes, but none of those guys were all-Pac 12 as freshmen. They are all being shipped to Montana State so we can bring in new guys who aren't busts.
    This schtick where you post ridiculous parodies of viewpoints that reasonably disagree with your own is getting old.
  • Options
    BallzDeep said:

Where is this rumor about Alex Cook being moved to safety coming from? Sounds like some doog shit like MJ Ale playing DT. It's never going to happen.

Played FS in high school on defense. Kid delivers a blow.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    BallzDeep said:

Where is this rumor about Alex Cook being moved to safety coming from? Sounds like some doog shit like MJ Ale playing DT. It's never going to happen.

I just upvoted a BallzDeep poast
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    dnc said:

BallzDeep said:

I just upvoted a BallzDeep poast
    Take three Valtrex and bathe in bleach solution IMMEDIATELY.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

BallzDeep said:

the pass rush.

possibly Alex Cook.
    Not counting Alex Cook who hasn't moved yet you named six players for five positions. Hampton is seven.

Of those seven one has been shown to be serviceable although physically limited. The other six have not played significantly and are therefore unknowns. Five in their first or second year in the program and Gilchrist is a R-so.

I liked all those guys as recruits but I liked Kent Love too. The fact is there is always a high risk of attrition unless you're talking about a Buddah type who is ready from day one on campus.

Injury, homesickness, academis, mental health, disagreements with coaches, playing time, just plain sucking...all are risks until they are not. On average at least two of those six kids will not make a meaningful contribution to UW football on the field.

Serviceable depth would be two-theee more bodies all of which have played meaningful snaps.

Ridiculous depth would be having another set of Miller, Murphy, Rapp, and Aus on the bench.
    On paper we have good depth. In reality, we don’t actually know.

That said, there are very few, if any schools who have a bunch of proven back ups.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,932
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

BallzDeep said:

the pass rush.

possibly Alex Cook.
    This schtick where you post ridiculous parodies of viewpoints that reasonably disagree with your own is getting old.
    I apologize. I'll try to be more serious from now on.
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

BallzDeep said:

the pass rush.

possibly Alex Cook.
    I apologize. I'll try to be more serious from now on.
    Better than you trying to be funny, I suppose.
  • Options
    RDRRDR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes