Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Julius Irvin, 4* 2018 DB, Anaheim (Servite), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AF9705 said:

The Irvin situation is going to put egg on somebody’s face.

There are two camps, & they both have dug their feet in & are sticking to their guns.

I just watched two people who have all the same sources, agree 99.99% of the time, just flat out disagree with each other on the Irvin situation.

As I put on before, Irvin’s father was pushing his old buddy Lyght & ND. He was mad at USC.

Now the second guy says he was flat out told that Irvin’s father is the one who wants his son to stay on the West Coast. That Julius loved ND & the other commits, but dad wants him to stay West Coast.

So obviously those are two VERY different opinions...

So if dad is mad at USC, but wants kid near home...that’s good for UW.

But I’ve heard now that kid loved ND & has always wanted to go to USC. No UW.

So there are two different, distinct views out there that will make one side look very wrong in the end.

unfortunately for us, "west coast" means LA. We are akin to Alaska to most people...geography is a big problem for UW and the LA studs' parents aren't referring to Seattle when they want their kids to stay on the west coast.

also, regarding your other point on playing in all these amazing venues, we will never play in more than one of the Big House or the Horsehoe in any given year...it'll be more likely once every 5 years we get one of those. Second, Larry Scott's Pac12 means we don't even play USC for something like 3 years let alone go to LA and play in that big old shitty stadium of theirs.

We are selling kids on being in timbukfuckingtoo and playing incredible road games at Martin Stadium in a town of 4,000 people, Reser Stadium in a town of 6,000 people and...AND, I might add, imagine playing home games in the incredible lakeside venue of Husky Stadium against Sacramento State BEFORE school is in session - literally it will be rocking to the sounds of 38,000 people!

• Options
    Gladstone said:

please end the OOC recruiting argument now

holy fuckballs that's dumb

af9705 is good content poster otherwise

agreed to a degree, but what i'm picking up is that he still has this vague sense that UW is, wait, no was, no wait, should be relevant. this is good news in that there is still something nationally relevant about UW it is just hardly, barely there but still....can Jen and Pete recondition it?

we hope so.
  • Options
    AF9705 said:

Meek said:

Gladstone said:

please end the OOC recruiting argument now

holy fuckballs that's dumb

af9705 is good content poster otherwise

agreed to a degree, but what i'm picking up is that he still has this vague sense that UW is, wait, no was, no wait, should be relevant. this is good news in that there is still something nationally relevant about UW it is just hardly, barely there but still....can Jen and Pete recondition it?

we hope so.
    I like UW. I knew Emtman back when he was with the Colts, so Washington became my defacto PAC12 team to root for.

I think UW beating USC, UCLA, Stanford & Oregon is a good thing.
    he was a 2*!!!!!!!!

recruiting is looking up already!
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    I guess, according to Tom Loy, USC will now let Irvin sign this month.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2017
    AF9705 said:

I think this has always been the sore spot with Irvin. USC tells him they really want him, but initially told him not to sign until Feb (basically telling him to wait if they can find somebody better). Now they are giving him the green light.

Side note: a guy on the Rivals Premium site claims his son plays with Gordon & says both Gordon & Irvin are going to UW. Swears by it. Lol

Prayingdoog.jif
  • Options
    AF9705AF9705 Member Posts: 181
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I’m going to stick to my initial guess.

Irvin to USC (now that they gave him the green light)

Gordon to UW (since he is torn & UW gets the last dance with him this weekend)

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Gordon to ND, Irvin to ND/USC.

Stanley to us. Jay Criddell to Bama.
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996

Fuck I love you Dennis, but sometimes you make me want to chug bleach.
  • Options
    MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment

Hopefully we can get Greg Ducre’s retarded brother from some shit JUCO or something when this all crashes and burns next week.

Can I chin this 50 times?
  • Options
    DarnoldPalmerDarnoldPalmer Member Posts: 59
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Bark 4 Sark