Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Julius Irvin, 4* 2018 DB, Anaheim (Servite), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    BallzDeep said:

It doesn't seem like Irvin and Gordon are coming here but logic says the coaches wouldn't have canceled the visits of Djibril and Crosswell if both of them weren't. We are getting at least one of them.

Maybe

Or we're getting Blaylock and only taking 2 DBs
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Is ND taking 4 DBs?

Pretty sure Djibril was a LB target for us
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979

says he's going to sign on early signing day the day following his in home with Notre Dame.

BallzDeep said:

It doesn't seem like Irvin and Gordon are coming here but logic says the coaches wouldn't have canceled the visits of Djibril and Crosswell if both of them weren't. We are getting at least one of them.

obviously Irvin already committed to us but it's not public because he wants his free trip to south bend.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    BallzDeep said:

Maybe Pete decided how dire our DB recruiting is and decided to punt on 2018.

After the ASU loss, the choke job in Palo Alto, and utter failure convincing teen boyz they want to be Dawgs, I’m leaning towards shutting the whole thing down and moving on.
  • Options
    AF9705AF9705 Member Posts: 181
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Is ND taking 4 DBs?

Pretty sure Djibril was a LB target for us

Yes. Actually more.

Allen
    Moala
    Wilkins
    Bracy
    Griffith

And then either Gordon or Boykin

Also, Irvin is not going to ND.

It’s a USC/UW battle.
  • Options
    Bread said:

says he's going to sign on early signing day the day following his in home with Notre Dame.

BallzDeep said:

obviously Irvin already committed to us but it's not public because he wants his free trip to south bend.
    He did his OV to ND back in week 2.

I would be SHOCKED if he chose ND.

I still say USC, but UW is the competition, not ND.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AF9705 said:

Bread said:

BallzDeep said:

Appreciate all your info but you've gotta work on your detection of sarcasm if you're going to make it here.
  • Options

AF9705 said:

Bread said:

BallzDeep said:

Appreciate all your info but you've gotta work on your detection of sarcasm if you're going to make it here.
    I’ve had plenty of moments where I was going to go smartass or sarcastic but then held back.

Another note is that Irvin’s situation has turned a little strange too.

Big confusion on who & when people visited him. This is causing multiple people to report multiple things.
    Some saying it was ND who visited him & that is why there are sites saying they are back in it. But that seems to be false. I asked two different people & one said it would be an epic upset if he went to ND & the other said the last few times he tried contacting him or his close contacts he didn’t get an answer or response, which usually means not interested.

The only positive thing I’ve seen towards ND is him & other ND commits talking back & forth on twitter. But that is it.

I still think it’s USC, unless UW made a final good pitch.

• Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Baseman said:

BallzDeep said:

Maybe Pete decided how dire our DB recruiting is and decided to punt on 2018.

After the ASU loss, the choke job in Palo Alto, and utter failure convincing teen boyz they want to be Dawgs, I’m leaning towards shutting the whole thing down and moving on.
    Aww yes,the vaunted "Shit my pants, goin' home!" attack.
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    tvoie said:

Not good at all. Only thing worse if he goes with Gordon, which seems likely.
    How soon we forget that Addison did this to Jimmy Lake literally last week.
  • Options
    So....

This one just got interesting.

USC was the perceived leader by most, including USC people.

But Irvin’s father finally broke their camp’s silence & he hinted that wasn’t the case.
    He confirmed Todd Lyght did do an in-home with Irvin yesterday & Irvin & Lyght we’re teammates & friends in the NFL & it sounds as if his father is pushing ND now after the visit. But the competition is UW.

So now it seems all three teams think they have a foot in the door, but it sounds as if USC is currently running third.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    AF9705 said:

So....

But Irvin’s father finally broke their camp’s silence & he hinted that wasn’t the case.
    He confirmed Todd Lyght did do an in-home with Irvin yesterday & Irvin & Lyght we’re teammates & friends in the NFL & it sounds as if his father is pushing ND now after the visit. But the competition is UW.

So now it seems all three teams think they have a foot in the door, but it sounds as if USC is currently running third.

Welcome to last week.

Twitter > Insiders
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    AF9705 said:

So....

I forgot that Irvin and Lyght played for the Rams at the same time. That makes a lot of sense. I think he's yours. Same with Kyler, sadly.

Enjoy them!

I wish our sites would report things.
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    What’s the read here? I see DDY says he’s going to ND, but why? I don’t see much of Twitter to indicate anything.
  • Options

AF9705 said:

So....

I forgot that Irvin and Lyght played for the Rams at the same time. That makes a lot of sense. I think he's yours. Same with Kyler, sadly.

Enjoy them!

I wish our sites would report things.
    It’s not over yet.

UW & USC are both pushing for in-homes also. This one is going to the end.
  • Options
    Here is the quote from Leroy Irvin:

"You can tell a girl you love her, you love her, you love her, but you never call her or send her roses. Actions speak louder than words, and I think over the last several months, Notre Dame has definitely shown that they want my son."