Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Julius Irvin, 4* 2018 DB, Anaheim (Servite), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    AF9705AF9705 Member Posts: 181
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Rumor on WW board is that Irving dropped USC. How many DBs are ND going to get this year?

ND still wants at least one more, but would take 2 if it were Irvin & Gordon. Boykin is the third guy if they don’t get Irvin or Gordon.

The messages being put out are all over the place on who is leading.

Even after talking to his dad last night, the ND guy says he isn’t sold. He thinks USC is still in the lead after talking to multiple people. The dad wants ND because of Lyght & USC jerking them around. But the kid wants USC. UW falls in the middle. They are giving him the attention USC isn’t, & a lot closer to home.

The USC people are saying they gave him some love & he pledged his commitment to them.

The reason there is a big ND pick is because he announced his date immediately after Lyght met with him, but I think that was just a coincidence.
    The ND guy still used the word “SHOCKED” if Irvin chose ND.

I’m still calling it USC/UW battle.
  • Options
    FrenchHuskyFrenchHusky Member Posts: 69
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Apparently Woodbey is on a visit to USC, don't know if it changes anything if he flips.
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    Is Irvin visiting USC this weekend? I think that will be pretty telling if USC is in it or not.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255

Apparently Woodbey is on a visit to USC, don't know if it changes anything if he flips.

This is exactly why I hate tOSU, ND, Bama and Oklahoma (or whoever else) recruiting the west coast.

If those schools butt out, UW’s place in the pecking order is much higher. But when Bama comes in and takes the top RB from the west, then we move down a tier.

Anyway, so the dad wants ND and the kid wants USC. And we are somehow still “in it” because of... ... ...

We are the 7 with the good personality and we are up against two Bruce Waynes.

Lake didn’t close him early. We have to close early or we are fucked.
    How long will it take to become a Bruce Wayne? We probably won't win a national championship until we can recruit at a higher level. How long will that take?
  • Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

This is exactly why I hate tOSU, ND, Bama and Oklahoma (or whoever else) recruiting the west coast.

If those schools butt out, UW’s place in the pecking order is much higher. But when Bama comes in and takes the top RB from the west, then we move down a tier.

Anyway, so the dad wants ND and the kid wants USC. And we are somehow still “in it” because of... ... ...

How long will it take to become a Bruce Wayne? We probably won't win a national championship until we can recruit at a higher level. How long will that take?
    See Clumpson.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255

See Clumpson.
    Didn't Clumpson have 13 ACC championships before Dabo?
  • Options

My first thing I would do is work on the OOC schedule.
    Schedule teams across the country, big name schools, & build the brand.
    Even if you lose some, kids love the idea of playing at big time venues for everybody to see.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    AF9705 said:

My first thing I would do is work on the OOC schedule.
    Schedule teams across the country, big name schools, & build the brand.
    Even if you lose some, kids love the idea of playing at big time venues for everybody to see.
    The past few years have been an aberration due to Sark being a pussy and Wisconsin bailing on a home and home.

Future schedule is better.

• Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Our OOC schedule has nothing to do with it. Thanks, though.

I think it’s an interesting perspective that maybe plays a part.
  • Options
    Playing at Michigan & at OSU will do a lot. You can tell a West Coast kid he gets to play at the Big House & at the Horseshoe...that’s a good pitch.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AF9705 said:

Playing at Michigan & at OSU will do a lot. You can tell a West Coast kid he gets to play at the Big House & at the Horseshoe...that’s a good pitch.

Yes, Harbaugh and Urb have been mentioning that and it appears to work. I suspect playing in those venues 7-8 times each year is more appealing than a maximum of once in a recruit's entire career.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    tvoie said:

Our OOC schedule has nothing to do with it. Thanks, though.

I think it’s an interesting perspective that maybe plays a part.

I think it does play a part. Anything that ups your
    brand and brings eyes to your program helps.
    Having said that the most important thing is to
    win those marquee games when you do schedule them.
  • Options
    Meek said:

AF9705 said:

Yes, Harbaugh and Urb have been mentioning that and it appears to work. I suspect playing in those venues 7-8 times each year is more appealing than a maximum of once in a recruit's entire career.
    I meant even UW telling recruits that too. Telling them if they play for UW they get to play at LA, Big House, Horseshoe, etc...
    Kids love that.
  • Options
    The Irvin situation is going to put egg on somebody’s face.

There are two camps, & they both have dug their feet in & are sticking to their guns.

I just watched two people who have all the same sources, agree 99.99% of the time, just flat out disagree with each other on the Irvin situation.

As I put on before, Irvin’s father was pushing his old buddy Lyght & ND. He was mad at USC.

Now the second guy says he was flat out told that Irvin’s father is the one who wants his son to stay on the West Coast. That Julius loved ND & the other commits, but dad wants him to stay West Coast.

So obviously those are two VERY different opinions...

So if dad is mad at USC, but wants kid near home...that’s good for UW.

But I’ve heard now that kid loved ND & has always wanted to go to USC. No UW.

So there are two different, distinct views out there that will make one side look very wrong in the end.
  • Options
    FrenchHuskyFrenchHusky Member Posts: 69
    So now that we know that we aren't getting Irvin who's the backup plan ? Blaylock ?