Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Julius Irvin, 4* 2018 DB, Anaheim (Servite), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Recruiting is sales. Purchasing is not about truth, but about what we believe.

What we believe, we do for reasons often unrelated to the truth.

You think it’s better to be coached in CP’s system than Helton’s? Yeah me too. But NOGAF. We get out-sold a lot. Right now, I’d say we are recruiting at like 40% of what we’re capable of.

I think we weren’t trying to hard close kids this year because of the snafus with Marlon and Wedington. We have to LIPO, but I’m not optimistic.

That is bullshit. They should be pushing hard to close these kids. So what if you lose one or 2 kids a year.
    please post less
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    BaldwinIV said:

You think it’s better to be coached in CP’s system than Helton’s? Yeah me too. But NOGAF. We get out-sold a lot. Right now, I’d say we are recruiting at like 40% of what we’re capable of.

I think we weren’t trying to hard close kids this year because of the snafus with Marlon and Wedington. We have to LIPO, but I’m not optimistic.

That is bullshit. They should be pushing hard to close these kids. So what if you lose one or 2 kids a year.
    please post less
    Please suck on my nutz
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

While I don’t disagree, it’s hard for me to not feel like the depth issues are likely true and he’s looking for reasons to not go to UW otherwise he’d already have given a verbal ...

If there’s a positive it’s that he hasn’t given a verbal elsewhere ...

My take is that he likes UW best but sees the depth ... he sees others with better depth situations that he doesn’t like the rest of the package enough ... probably going to come down to what trade offs he wants to make as there isn’t a perfect option in his mind as of yet
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Dennis is right. Recruiting guys are always talking about playing time or girls or tradition but sales is an emotional response

You can try to tell someone to buy that smart car that gets 50 miles to the gallon and they look over at the metallic blue muscle car and its over.

Close the fucking deal. That's all that counts

Is it just me or is UW recruiting somewhat softly right now? It seems like we? get pushed out too easily by shittier schools that shouldn't come close in recruiting.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2017

Dennis is right. Recruiting guys are always talking about playing time or girls or tradition but sales is an emotional response

You can try to tell someone to buy that smart car that gets 50 miles to the gallon and they look over at the metallic blue muscle car and its over.

Close the fucking deal. That's all that counts

Bingo. It's fuck or walk.

• Options
    YouNeed2ChillYouNeed2Chill Member Posts: 57
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

We get out-sold a lot. Right now, I’d say we are recruiting at like 40% of what we’re capable of.

Dennis all you do is bitch. Why don't you do something about it? When it comes time you need to somehow get hired as the 10th assistant coach in a tbs'er extraordinaire role.

• Options

We get out-sold a lot. Right now, I’d say we are recruiting at like 40% of what we’re capable of.

Dennis all you do is bitch. Why don't you do something about it? When it comes time you need to somehow get hired as the 10th assistant coach in a tbs'er extraordinaire role.

I am planning on it.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    Apropos of nothing, do you guys think Irvin would come to Udub if he could loan a lightly used Maserati while he's here?
  • Options

Apropos of nothing, do you guys think Irvin would come to Udub if he could loan a lightly used Maserati while he's here?

His dad played for the Rams for a long time. So, probably not.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:
    I guess Ivan got a hold of him ahead of time
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    edited November 2017
    A quick search shows no injury info. My guess is that they lost in the playoffs.

But I appreciate the Ivan reference ...
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    animate said:

A quick search shows no injury info. My guess is that they lost in the playoffs.

But I appreciate the Ivan reference ...

I think you are right. His wording and picture choice could use some work.
  • Options
    LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,474
    Founders Club
    Yes, Servite lost its playoff game to Mission Viejo 38-36 on Friday night.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lol at the doogish blaming of *our stellar db depth being any kind of factor. 1). The depth is not that good. DB recruiting has been better than in the past, but it's only a couple of classes and not all of the guys people were excited about are panning out. UW was very lucky the past few years in that the top corners all stayed healthy, otherwise the mediocre/untested depth would have been exposed just like it is right now. 2). Elite recruits, especially at position groups that put a lot of different players on the field, aren't affected by the depth chart. If they were then programs like SC, Alabama, tosu etc would only recruit well every 3-4 years.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    Tom Loy seems to think (believe this as much as you want) that Notre Dame and Washington are ahead of USC for Irvin's services. He thinks UW gets Irvin and ND gets Gordon if he had to make a choice.