Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Julius Irvin, 4* 2018 DB, Anaheim (Servite), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2017
    BallzDeep said:

dhdawg said:

biggins' article said he was being recruited as a CB.

And he has the tools to play both boundary and field corner, but has played mainly safety in high school from what I've seen. The fact that he plays the run well would make him good at boundary, but you usually want to put a slower guy like Hampton there. The fact that he can play free safety and corner means he'd also be great in the Rapp/Budda role of deep safety and nickel, which is what I alluded to in saying that Rapp will leave early for the NFL, and those types are rare.

Either way, the fact that he's long and a rare athlete who is versatile enough to line up anywhere in our secondary should tell you what kind of prospect he is, and where they're recruiting him to play doesn't really matter, because they'll try him at multiple spots and find the right one if they can just get him in the bulding. And they really should do everything they can to get him.
    Hampton runs a 10.8 100 M. Not sure he's a "slower guy"
    Game speed might be slower. King was faster than Jones, but played the game slower than him
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    BallzDeep said:

dhdawg said:

And he has the tools to play both boundary and field corner, but has played mainly safety in high school from what I've seen. The fact that he plays the run well would make him good at boundary, but you usually want to put a slower guy like Hampton there. The fact that he can play free safety and corner means he'd also be great in the Rapp/Budda role of deep safety and nickel, which is what I alluded to in saying that Rapp will leave early for the NFL, and those types are rare.

Either way, the fact that he's long and a rare athlete who is versatile enough to line up anywhere in our secondary should tell you what kind of prospect he is, and where they're recruiting him to play doesn't really matter, because they'll try him at multiple spots and find the right one if they can just get him in the bulding. And they really should do everything they can to get him.
    Great. Put him of the fucking track team. Irvin is quicker/more sudden.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    RealRhino said:

If you are thinking ND, what does it matter how early you play when the next coach you get after Kelly gets fired decides you're not his kind of guy and you don't play at all?

How 'bout go somewhere you know the coach ain't going to get FIRED. So that rules out ND, UCLA, USC, ASU, Arizona, etc. SHOULD rule out Stanford, but when fewer people care about the football team than listen to the TSIO podcast, why bother firing the coach?

Truer words have never been spoken
  • Options
    BallzDeep said:

BallzDeep said:

dhdawg said:

Great. Put him of the fucking track team. Irvin is quicker/more sudden.
    No he's not.
    Great chinsight. Thanks.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I hope he enjoyed watching a good defense in a losing effort
  • Options
    JECAR said:

Who the fuck wants to play for Harbaugh? His glasses are gayer than aids.

Gayer than his son, you mean.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Just got 4 Crystal Balls to USC. I assumed he was all Notre Dame, so this interesting. If USC got ITS, Crosswell, Hufanga and Irvin that would be ridiculous, but would also mean they probably wouldn't take Halid Djibril who we would have a great shot at.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    a guy I know on the staff said that the depth chart concern while dumb is a huge problem with him.
    just not happening
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    dhdawg said:

a guy I know on the staff said that the depth chart concern while dumb is a huge problem with him.
    just not happening

so you telling me that UW has better DB that USC. That is fucking stupid. Our DB are not better from talent point of view, it is just that they are coached and developed better that USC DBs.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054

dhdawg said:

just not happening

so you telling me that USC has better DB that UW. That is fucking stupid. Our DB are not better from talent point of view, it is just that they are coached and developed better that USC DBs.
    Yeah he'll be just as far back in the depth chart. It'll be just as hard for him to crack the starting lineup, the catch is he ends up as a worse player.
  • Options

dhdawg said:

just not happening

so you telling me that USC has better DB that UW. That is fucking stupid. Our DB are not better from talent point of view, it is just that they are coached and developed better that USC DBs.
    Yeah he'll be just as far back in the depth chart. It'll be just as hard for him to crack the starting lineup, the catch is he ends up as a worse player.
    you would think his father would provide some fucking guidance in a situation like this. We have a fucking 5'8 walk-on starring as a corner that this fucking doing a great job. That is not fucking talent, but hard and coaching.
  • Options

Recruiting is sales. Purchasing is not about truth, but about what we believe.

What we believe, we do for reasons often unrelated to the truth.

You think it’s better to be coached in CP’s system than Helton’s? Yeah me too. But NOGAF. We get out-sold a lot. Right now, I’d say we are recruiting at like 40% of what we’re capable of.

I think we weren’t trying to hard close kids this year because of the snafus with Marlon and Wedington. We have to LIPO, but I’m not optimistic.

That is bullshit. They should be pushing hard to close these kids. So what if you lose one or 2 kids a year.