Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What are your big storm football stories?

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

One of my first Husky Football memories is when UW tied USC in 95. I was seven and said it was a great game. My dad gave me a death stare and started teaching me that Lambo was a shit coach.

Oh tish thread is aboot big stroms. Sory, I was snifing bloww and drekign UV voldka.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    It was 2007. I scored a pair of 4th row seats for almost nothong, which back then were super fucking far away from the field.

Anyways it was all shitty and raining. By some miracle Jack Lockner had the Huskies tied with Oregon heading into the 4th quarter. The Ducks realized they were playing a tight game with a super shitty team, tried a little, and won the 4th quarter 24-3. They also set the school record for rushing yards in a game.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,969
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Nov. 10, 2007, Cal-USC, night game, rained the whole time. We all had rain gear, but the water wicked up underneath our coats from us sitting on wet benches, so by halftime we were all absolutely drenched. Cal lost a relatively close game 24-17. BIL, my father and I were there with my wife, and we three guys were all silently waiting for my wife to say she'd had enough, let's go. She never did. Later she said she didn't realize that leaving early was even an option. BIL was at the time an avid smoker, and after the game he couldn't light his deathsticks (they were protected in plastic wrapping) because his matches were too wet, so he was especially miserable.

Nov. 1, 2008, Cal-Oregon, day game, when the north end of the field was underwater. Absolute monsoon drenching before the game, stopped midway through the second quarter. Cal won 26-16 and Ducks fans complained about their team having to play in water. Fuck those guys.
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    What fucking storm?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nobody went to the 2000 Stanford game?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,992
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    2004 San Jose St. It was the only win that year. It wasn't a downpour, but it rained steadily.

I went with some guy I knew from a message board. Back then I still liked message boards. Nobody else could go, or nobody else wanted to go. I can't fucking remember. I went to an Arizona game later that year with a friend. It was horrible. Arizona really sucked back then (well kind of like now actually) and we couldn't beat them. It was a gray, dreary, awful 50 degree November day that made grunge musicians depressed. I remember seagulls circling the field waiting for old hot dogs and nachos.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2016
    Went to the seahawks packers Sunday night game during the ice storm of 08 (I don't remember what year it was) all the freeways were frozen over after the game and cars slid off the road and were abandoned up and down the freeways. We luckily slid off the road right at a hotel otherwise wed have been sleeping in the car that night
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    phineas said:

Went to the seahawks packers Sunday night game during the ice storm of 08 (I don't remember what year it was) all the freeways were frozen over after the game and cars slid off the road and were abandoned up and down the freeways. We luckily slid off the road right at a hotel otherwise wed have been sleeping in the car that night

That was 2006, and pretty sure a Monday night game. Not a Seahawks fan really but the game was a lot of fun in the snow. The drive home to SnoCo was 6 unmitigated hours of misery. Worst driving experience of my life.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    phineas said:

It was "06. I was there. It was right after Thanksgiving. And it was Monday Night Football. And I remember a bunch of snow not ice??? Maybe a different game??? Pack looked good the 1st half and then tanked it in the 2nd half.
  • Options
    golddog17golddog17 Member Posts: 121
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    75 and 77 vs. USC sitting in end zone bleachers.
    75- USC coach McKay said he would never coach the Seahawks because of the rain. Ever time the wind would blow and it would downpour the crowd would yell and McKay would cower under his jacket. UW won 8-7

77- Moon scores on a 70 yard+ run in the rain to seal 28-10 win
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

phineas said:

It was "06. I was there. It was right after Thanksgiving. And it was Monday Night Football. And I remember a bunch of snow not ice??? Maybe a different game??? Pack looked good the 1st half and then tanked it in the 2nd half.
    Yes, this, to you and grundle. The game was awesome, afterward was not.

405 was an ice skating rink
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

We attended a shit game, played by a shit Ty team, in shit weather in 2007. Can't remember the opponent. We left at halftime. It was one of the last Husky games I attended.

ASU or UCLA I think. Both were shit teams but we made them look like conf champs. Fuckin Ty
  • Options
    HanseeHall78HanseeHall78 Member Posts: 156
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Nobody went to the 2000 Stanford game?

If that was the Curtis Williams injury game I was there. It was a steady rain but not a downpour. When CW went down no one seemed to know the seriousness of the injury until they brought out backboard, neck brace and the ambulance onto the field. Marques drove UW to the victory with (I think) an eight minute drive to close out the game, but the victory was not gratifying as the UW fans were concerned about CW.