Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What are your big storm football stories?

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,252
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

2013 Arizona game. My Texan wife went to UT-Austin and we had split season tickets with her 2 dads. After taking in the Austin football scene, I wanted to show her Seattle/UW and that there is actually football outside of the Big-12/SEC. Booked late September Arizona game thinking it'll be perfect weather, even booked the booze-cruise from Ballard, hoping for a great experience for her.

As we get close to the game, the weather is looking horrible 100% of rain/wind. she got layered up like she was going to be an extra on the Revenant, we have matching UW ponchoes. Literally the hardest rain I've ever experienced in Seattle, the stadium lights were on at 3pm, it rained 2" during the game. I couldn't even get a photo because the phone touchscreen wont work when its wet. At halftime she was all pumped up for a chowder breadbowl and hot chocolate to warm up. wait in line for the whole halftime and they've run out of both but are willing to sell her the empty breadbowl for $9, I shit you not. Cold, wet, hungry, and angry, it was the worst introduction possible, but probably the most accurate representation of my experience since 2003.

It confirmed every fear she had about Seattle weather, and she now refuses to consider moving there.

So that experience convinced her to never move here? That's a fucking victory in my mind.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,157
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

2013 Arizona game. My Texan wife went to UT-Austin and we had split season tickets with her 2 dads. After taking in the Austin football scene, I wanted to show her Seattle/UW and that there is actually football outside of the Big-12/SEC. Booked late September Arizona game thinking it'll be perfect weather, even booked the booze-cruise from Ballard, hoping for a great experience for her.

As we get close to the game, the weather is looking horrible 100% of rain/wind. she got layered up like she was going to be an extra on the Revenant, we have matching UW ponchoes. Literally the hardest rain I've ever experienced in Seattle, the stadium lights were on at 3pm, it rained 2" during the game. I couldn't even get a photo because the phone touchscreen wont work when its wet. At halftime she was all pumped up for a chowder breadbowl and hot chocolate to warm up. wait in line for the whole halftime and they've run out of both but are willing to sell her the empty breadbowl for $9, I shit you not. Cold, wet, hungry, and angry, it was the worst introduction possible, but probably the most accurate representation of my experience since 2003.

It confirmed every fear she had about Seattle weather, and she now refuses to consider moving there.

So that experience convinced her to never move here? That's a fucking victory in my mind.
    I am happy with the outcome
  • Options
    McRibMcRib Member Posts: 227
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Do shitstorms count?

Of course they do. Waaayy to many to count.
  • Options
    seatownfunkseatownfunk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 802
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    '96 San Jose State. Dillon had 300 rush/rec yards in the first quarter, on pace for 1200!
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,993
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Should probably be in the Doog Confession thread, but I was one of like 10 people to stay for the entire 2006 OSU game. Rainy, windy, shitty loss that was highlighted by Stanback losing his leg.

I was there too. Absolute downpour. And some of the worst football I've ever seen UW play. I stayed the entire game because I am a pathetic Doog loser
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    PurpleJ said:

Vanilla Vick

FTG.
  • Options
    I almost died in Seattle at an apple cup in 1978 or so.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,058
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    2009 ND loss in OT in south bend, ND at the time didnt have a video replay bored.

apparently locker was too emotional to meet with the media after it.

stayed in chicago and rained the whole fucking weekend until sunday afternoon right as we left.

fuck that whole trip, the game, and your face.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AC 2002.

Feared for my life.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment

Should probably be in the Doog Confession thread, but I was one of like 10 people to stay for the entire 2006 OSU game. Rainy, windy, shitty loss that was highlighted by Stanback losing his leg.

I was there. terrible game conditions. Our tailgate was terrible too. it consisted of 4 people standing around a BBQ to stay warm. Nobody talked. No one had fun.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,531
    Founders Club

I was at that one. That was horrible weather. I have good rain gear and still ended up soaked
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    83' or 84' anniversary of the wave. First game ever. Went with my grandparents but sat with one of there friends. A UW professor. No pedo. Rained sideways the entire game. UW won. I was hooked. Never looked back. Was that the original purple reign? Drinking. Can't remember. Fuck off. But I think it was homecoming against UCLA. Just remember it was loud, cold, wet, and awesome. Took a boat from Fisheren's Warf. Grandma played squares and won. Shared the winnings with me.
  • Options
    HanseeHall78HanseeHall78 Member Posts: 156
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2016
    I was at the Fred Small recovery game with my new date. I got lucky.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,198

2009 ND loss in OT in south bend, ND at the time didnt have a video replay bored.

apparently locker was too emotional to meet with the media after it.

stayed in chicago and rained the whole fucking weekend until sunday afternoon right as we left.

fuck that whole trip, the game, and your face.

I was there.

The game went so long the train to Chi-town stopped running. Finally one showed up hours later....everhbody drunk....shitters overflowing. It was awesome.