Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Aetna Ditching 70% Obamacare Business

Comments

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,020 Founders Club
    OZONE said:

pawz said:

Obamacare is a shitty product, but acting like the Republicans have taken the high road on healthcare is so fucking laughable that I'm not even going to go into it. Look back to the Bush-era prescription drug handout for a little taste.

Pass single payer and raise the tax ceiling for fucks sake and join the rest of the civilized world.

Is cute how nearly every part of your life is traxed yet you think more needs to be paid.
    It is sad that you think money paid for health services is evil if it is paid via taxes instead of through insurance premiums, even if the total amount spent is lower by removing the insurance company profit.
    Fifth!
  • OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510

OZONE said:

It is sad that you think money paid for health services is evil if it is paid via taxes instead of through insurance premiums, even if the total amount spent is lower by removing the insurance company profit.

Imagine actually believing that the government can provide services more efficiently than the free market, because "pr0fit!!!111!!"...lol profit is the reason WHY it's more efficient.

The 20 countries that have all done it, disagree with your blind faith in the invisible hand when it comes to health care services.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,281 Founders Club

OZONE said:

Imagine actually believing that the government can provide services more efficiently than the free market, because "pr0fit!!!111!!"...lol profit is the reason WHY it's more efficient.

Not always the case with insurers, who eat up close to 70% of every dollar on overhead before paying claims. While I'm a free-market capitalist 'til the end, insurance companies are the closest things to government bureaucracies the private sector has. And many laws mandate that we buy their product. So, not the best example of private vs government provided product or service.

Hmmmmm. I wonder what the problem might be?
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,974
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

The 20 countries that have all done it, disagree with your blind faith in the invisible hand when it comes to health care services.
    Just because they've all done it doesn't mean it wouldn't be more efficient if they hadn't.
  • OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

Just because they've all done it doesn't mean it wouldn't be more efficient if they hadn't.
    They all rank above us in efficiency and coverage.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

So do Oregon's DBs.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

So do Oregon's DBs.
    Don't know what to do with this
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    edited August 2016

2001400ex said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

So do Oregon's DBs.
    Don't know what to do with this
    Dupe post. Fuck off. Sausage fingers.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    dnc said:

This was the plan from the get go. The administration knew they couldn't get a single payer system passed, so they came up with a system that would be sure to fail. Once it fails, single payer will be the only option. Pretty sick if you ask me.

Pretty much every other advanced country has single payer or some kind of similar "evil" socialized medicine
    Pretty much every other advanced country is propped up by the US' willingness to spend out of our asses on defense to be able police the world and keep them free.

Just because it works somewhere else doesn't mean it works here without corresponding defense cuts that a) didn't happen and b) would eventually mean all those other countries can't afford single payer anymore either.
    Holy fuck.

You thought this through.

What'd you do that for instead of spewing some Sledog/Hondo bullshit?

The only remaining question is why we police the world instead of offering a better health care system. I say fuck them, and bring on the free insulin - but I'm a type 1 diabetic, so you gotta take that with a pinch of salt.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,946 Founders Club
    I'm sure healthcare was fine before Bill tried to "fix" it.

• Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,974
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

Which proves nothing for 2 reasons:

1) The US has nothing close to a free market health care system. It's heavily influenced by government.

2) The overall efficiency of healthcare is determined by more factors than just government policy. If the efficiency and coverage really is better than the US in any of those countries, it would be even more efficient if their healthcare providers operated under the realm of a free market.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,160 Standard Supporter
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

Yeah my friend from Canada paid cash in the US because the wait was so long for the surgery he needed. Great system.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,160 Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

dflea said:

dnc said:

This was the plan from the get go. The administration knew they couldn't get a single payer system passed, so they came up with a system that would be sure to fail. Once it fails, single payer will be the only option. Pretty sick if you ask me.

Pretty much every other advanced country has single payer or some kind of similar "evil" socialized medicine
    Pretty much every other advanced country is propped up by the US' willingness to spend out of our asses on defense to be able police the world and keep them free.

Just because it works somewhere else doesn't mean it works here without corresponding defense cuts that a) didn't happen and b) would eventually mean all those other countries can't afford single payer anymore either.
    Holy fuck.

The only remaining question is why we police the world instead of offering a better health care system. I say fuck them, and bring on the free insulin - but I'm a type 1 diabetic, so you gotta take that with a pinch of salt.
    I have to admit this cuts to the core of the Libertarian - Republican war inside of me. One side of me says our defense spending is ridiculous and we need to get back to the founders vision of isolationism. The other half says fuck ISIS, let's wipe them out and go occupy the Middle East for the next hundred years.

I don't pretend to know what the right answer actually is.
    I don't know our founders ventured forth and built the Navy to fight pirates on the Barbary coast. We need a strong military. Our spending on entitlements makes military spending look like pennies. We need to get rid of all this spying on our citizens. That's money we could use elsewhere.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,281 Founders Club
    dnc said:

It depends on what you mean by work, but if you mean funded, that couldn't be done even if every penny from defense spending were cut. National healthcare expenditures are roughly four times the current budget for defense.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Sledog said:

dnc said:

dflea said:

dnc said:

Holy fuck.

I have to admit this cuts to the core of the Libertarian - Republican war inside of me. One side of me says our defense spending is ridiculous and we need to get back to the founders vision of isolationism. The other half says fuck ISIS, let's wipe them out and go occupy the Middle East for the next hundred years.

I don't pretend to know what the right answer actually is.
    I don't know our founders ventured forth and built the Navy to fight pirates on the Barbary coast. We need a strong military. Our spending on entitlements makes military spending look like pennies. We need to get rid of all this spying on our citizens. That's money we could use elsewhere.
    Isolationism doesn't mean pacifism. It means we deal with our own shit (ex Barbary pirates) and let everybody else deal with their shit (ex not helping France in their war with Britain).