Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Yet another prominent (R) for Clinton, says Trump is a national embarrassment, list grows every day

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    BearsWiin said:

Sledog said:

At least he's not a criminal embarrassment like the current not my president and TBOB.

Yeah TBOB is a criminal.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,866
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

I don't see anything on that website that does an overall analysis on Trump's business successes vs failures. Nothing on the size and scope of those businesses. Just a list of failures. Like I've been saying all along, you have to have the complete picture. For example, if I own a business that's been steadily making me $10 million a year, I can afford to take risks with other businesses. Seriously, there is nothing of value to be learned from that article in terms of the overall success Trump has had with his businesses.

And you're still wrong about the stock thing. CEO's and presidents are hired to do things that the owner(s) of the company do not want to do (maybe they aren't as good, maybe they have a better use of their time, etc). A financial advisor is hired to do things that the owners of the stock do not want to do. But at the end of the day, both the owner(s) of the company and the owner of the stock are responsible for evaluating the performance of the people they hired to perform the task.

How does Trump's dick taste?
    I'll take "things we say when we've lost an argument" for $1,000.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

I don't see anything on that website that does an overall analysis on Trump's business successes vs failures. Nothing on the size and scope of those businesses. Just a list of failures. Like I've been saying all along, you have to have the complete picture. For example, if I own a business that's been steadily making me $10 million a year, I can afford to take risks with other businesses. Seriously, there is nothing of value to be learned from that article in terms of the overall success Trump has had with his businesses.

And you're still wrong about the stock thing. CEO's and presidents are hired to do things that the owner(s) of the company do not want to do (maybe they aren't as good, maybe they have a better use of their time, etc). A financial advisor is hired to do things that the owners of the stock do not want to do. But at the end of the day, both the owner(s) of the company and the owner of the stock are responsible for evaluating the performance of the people they hired to perform the task.

You act like Race. Your argument was fucktarded. I can post links to where Trump was forced into bankruptcy by his creditors because he owed over $4 billion in debt. Does that give you magnitude?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Shit thread shit poster

I really like how surly you have become.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,796
    2001400ex said:

This is just Hondo doing the job Hillary pays him for.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

There's not being PC and then there's Donald, a thin skinned baby who has no clue what he's taking about most the time.

Some of you need to learn the difference.

Stop. We believe you. You do not understand what makes Donald Trump successful as a businessman and/or candidate. OK
    Sure sounds like his campaign is super successful right now.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

I don't see anything on that website that does an overall analysis on Trump's business successes vs failures. Nothing on the size and scope of those businesses.

Economist did an analysis a month ago that shows since he took over daddy's money he hasn't beaten the S&P. I'm sure when you risk adjust those returns for R/E it will show a significant destruction of value. But still...
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

You act like Race. Your argument was fucktarded. I can post links to where Trump was forced into bankruptcy by his creditors because he owed over $4 billion in debt. Does that give you magnitude?
    It really doesn't, because I don't know what to compare that to. What were his other businesses worth? How much income were they generating at the time this one went bankrupt? All it tells me is that one of his businesses went bankrupt because it was billions of dollars in debt. It's just one tiny piece of the history of Trump's financial picture.

Also, are you aware that a business filing bankruptcy is not the same as an individual? If you want to argue that Trump uses bankruptcy laws in his favor so that he can take risks, then that would be a more credible argument. But even then, it's basically just him using the rules in place to get ahead...which is actually a common trait of people who are at the top of their game.

It's like I've been saying all along, you can't just cherry pick the failings of a person, present those things and only those things, and then say this person is a failure. When it comes to somebody like Trump's financial situation, well, you're looking at thousands of pages of complex numbers, ratios, and graphs to tell the story...and then you have to understand how to read it all and what kind of conclusions you can draw.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

OZONE said:

"Oh, he told a lady with a crying baby to leave his rally, that means he's going to bankrupt our country and let the Russians invade!"

Nope. The reason people give for believing he could bankrupt the country is that he has already bankrupt 6 businesses, and welched on his debts to numerous working people that he owned money to before those business filed for bankruptcy protection for their debts.
    Hi there! The Country is already bankrupt. Soon interest on debt will be our 3rd biggest "program".

That would be my last worry of a Trump Presidency.
    Trump's plan to take care of the debt is awesome too. That wouldn't do any harm at all to default on our debt.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

It really doesn't, because I don't know what to compare that to. What were his other businesses worth? How much income were they generating at the time this one went bankrupt? All it tells me is that one of his businesses went bankrupt because it was billions of dollars in debt. It's just one tiny piece of the history of Trump's financial picture.

Also, are you aware that a business filing bankruptcy is not the same as an individual? If you want to argue that Trump uses bankruptcy laws in his favor so that he can take risks, then that would be a more credible argument. But even then, it's basically just him using the rules in place to get ahead...which is actually a common trait of people who are at the top of their game.

It's like I've been saying all along, you can't just cherry pick the failings of a person, present those things and only those things, and then say this person is a failure. When it comes to somebody like Trump's financial situation, well, you're looking at thousands of pages of complex numbers, ratios, and graphs to tell the story...and then you have to understand how to read it all and what kind of conclusions you can draw.
    I think you just made an argument for Trump to release his tax returns, so we can see magnitude.

Reality is, the fact he's hiding them is worse than if he just released them. Clearly Trump isn't running a campaign on transparency.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Except his tax returns don't show everything....
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Alright, I have to get some work done. It was nice chatting with you all.
  • Options

Depends on if he shows the underlying K1s and corporate returns or just his base return.

Like I said, until he releases them, everything is speculation.
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited August 2016

OZONE said:

"Oh, he told a lady with a crying baby to leave his rally, that means he's going to bankrupt our country and let the Russians invade!"

Nope. The reason people give for believing he could bankrupt the country is that he has already bankrupt 6 businesses, and welched on his debts to numerous working people that he owned money to before those business filed for bankruptcy protection for their debts.
    This isn't a smart way to look at it. How many businesses has he owned? How many didn't go bankrupt? Were other people in the same industry going bankrupt too?

This is the equivalent at pulling up Hillary's stock portfolio, which is likely well-diversified, and then pointing to the few instances of failing stocks and saying "See? Hillary doesn't know what the fuck she's doing. She can't even invest in the stock market properly."

Seriously, that is the exact same argument.
    Picking a losing stock as part of a diversified portfolio is very different than running your businesses so poorly that 6 of them went bankrupt.

Two prominent billionaires have already criticized him for it. I mention this last part only because some of you guys seem to be really impressed by billionaires.
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    salemcoog said:

OZONE said:

Hi there! The Country is already bankrupt. Soon interest on debt will be our 3rd biggest "program".

That would be my last worry of a Trump Presidency.
    Good for you but you are missing the point of my response to the guy that was conflating bankruptcy with babies.

No question that there are bigger concerns about Trump.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Alright, I have to get some work done. It was nice chatting with you all.

LEAVE!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Depends on if he shows the underlying K1s and corporate returns or just his base return.

This is exactly what I said earlier. But nobody is asking him to release his business tax returns. Have presidential candidates historically released their business returns?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

2001400ex said:

This is exactly what I said earlier. But nobody is asking him to release his business tax returns. Have presidential candidates historically released their business returns?
    LEAVE