Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Yet another prominent (R) for Clinton, says Trump is a national embarrassment, list grows every day

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

"Oh, he told a lady with a crying baby to leave his rally, that means he's going to bankrupt our country and let the Russians invade!"

Nope. The reason people give for believing he could bankrupt the country is that he has already bankrupt 6 businesses, and welched on his debts to numerous working people that he owned money to before those business filed for bankruptcy protection for their debts.
    This isn't a smart way to look at it. How many businesses has he owned? How many didn't go bankrupt? Were other people in the same industry going bankrupt too?

This is the equivalent at pulling up Hillary's stock portfolio, which is likely well-diversified, and then pointing to the few instances of failing stocks and saying "See? Hillary doesn't know what the fuck she's doing. She can't even invest in the stock market properly."

Seriously, that is the exact same argument.
    Picking a losing stock as part of a diversified portfolio is very different than running your businesses so poorly that 6 of them went bankrupt.

Two prominent billionaires have already criticized him for it. I mention this last part only because some of you guys seem to be really impressed by billionaires.
    Of course they are different. One is a stock, the other is a company. But that's not what we're looking at. The comparison is valid in terms of who is responsible, and whether or not we should be looking at just one piece or the entire picture.

In other words, if you're going to try and make the argument that Trump sucks at running businesses, you have to look at EVERYTHING. You don't point to the games that John Wooden's UCLA teams lost and say "see, Wooden sucks at coaching".
    Losing a game in basketball, or picking a stock that underperforms the S&P500, are vastly different than running a business so poorly that it declares bankruptcy.

You can run a business poorly, but have a small profit and pay your obligations.

But running it so poorly that you declare bankruptcy, is like saying "fuck, I'm in way over my head here, I can't even afford to pay my debts. Gov't, please help me get of of my debts".

When Trump gets in way over his head with the US, who is going to bail him out?
    OK! This is going from the ridiculous to the sublime. The US has been in over it's head for decades, spending more than it takes in, i.e., insolvent, except for one thing: It can always print more money. If a business owner could do that, even the worst of the worst would never go bankrupt. Apples vs Oranges, dummies.

Hate the Trump and love the Hillary. Be my guest. But many of you are ill-educated financial morons growing dumber with each successive post. Someday the U.S. currency will cease to be the world standard, but probably not in any of our lifetimes. It was supposed to be the Yen, then the Euro, now the Yuon. And it ain't like Hillary has a fucking clue, either. No democrat has known fuck-all about money since Daniel Patrick Moynihan died. Google him, shit-for-brains. You might learn something.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

"Oh, he told a lady with a crying baby to leave his rally, that means he's going to bankrupt our country and let the Russians invade!"

Nope. The reason people give for believing he could bankrupt the country is that he has already bankrupt 6 businesses, and welched on his debts to numerous working people that he owned money to before those business filed for bankruptcy protection for their debts.
    This isn't a smart way to look at it. How many businesses has he owned? How many didn't go bankrupt? Were other people in the same industry going bankrupt too?

This is the equivalent at pulling up Hillary's stock portfolio, which is likely well-diversified, and then pointing to the few instances of failing stocks and saying "See? Hillary doesn't know what the fuck she's doing. She can't even invest in the stock market properly."

Picking a losing stock as part of a diversified portfolio is very different than running your businesses so poorly that 6 of them went bankrupt.

Two prominent billionaires have already criticized him for it. I mention this last part only because some of you guys seem to be really impressed by billionaires.
    Of course they are different. One is a stock, the other is a company. But that's not what we're looking at. The comparison is valid in terms of who is responsible, and whether or not we should be looking at just one piece or the entire picture.

In other words, if you're going to try and make the argument that Trump sucks at running businesses, you have to look at EVERYTHING. You don't point to the games that John Wooden's UCLA teams lost and say "see, Wooden sucks at coaching".
    Losing a game in basketball, or picking a stock that underperforms the S&P500, are vastly different than running a business so poorly that it declares bankruptcy.

You can run a business poorly, but have a small profit and pay your obligations.

But running it so poorly that you declare bankruptcy, is like saying "fuck, I'm in way over my head here, I can't even afford to pay my debts. Gov't, please help me get of of my debts".

OK! This is going from the ridiculous to the sublime. The US has been in over it's head for decades, spending more than it takes in, i.e., insolvent, except for one thing: It can always print more money. If a business owner could do that, even the worst of the worst would never go bankrupt. Apples vs Oranges, dummies.

Hate the Trump and love the Hillary. Be my guest. But many of you are ill-educated financial morons growing dumber with each successive post. Someday the U.S. currency will cease to be the world standard, but probably not in any of our lifetimes. It was supposed to be the Yen, then the Euro, now the Yuon. And it ain't like Hillary has a fucking clue, either. No democrat has known fuck-all about money since Daniel Patrick Moynihan died. Google him, shit-for-brains. You might learn something.
    "Reagan showed us that deficits don't matter."

--Dick Cheney

This thread is fascinating. First I learn that the US is bankrupt, and now I learn that in addition the US is insolvent. Way to teach up all the "financial morons" around here. Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to?

• Options

The reasons I like Trump are the same reasons why people hate him. People are such fucking pussies these days. And all the fucking media bias against him? God, you'd think Trump was a serial rapist and a serial killer.

All this politically correct behavior we see election after election? This over-the-top, "hey the camera's on me, better behave!", "act presidential" persona we've seen from every candidate election after election is getting old. All it tells me is that you're too big of a fucking pussy to be yourself when the camera's on you. That you just listen to your campaign advisors and practice being somebody you aren't, and get coached, etc...what's wrong? Afraid of some criticism? Well then you ain't no fucking leader, so go fuck off.

I mean, are we really going to sit here and lie to ourselves and other people and pretend that all these "presidential" acting presidents we've had in the past god only knows how many decades haven't passed shitty legislation or made shitty foreign policy moves? People need to remember why the fuck we elect politicians in the first place....because they have a job to do. But most Americans are completely retarded at trying to judge how good of a job they will do if elected.

"Oh, this one guy says he said something racist this one time 30 years ago, therefore it not only must be true, but it also means that he definitely is a racist and didn't just say a racist thing, and that he's still a racist because nobody changes in 30 years, AND it also means that he's definitely going to pass a law that orders all black people to go live in a giant cage in the desert."

Jesus Christ. Jesus FUCKING Christ America.

So, any retard is qualified for the presidency of they're not PC? Got it. Great policy.
    I am with DDY. For any office in the land.
  • Options

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

--Dick Cheney

This thread is fascinating. First I learn that the US is bankrupt, and now I learn that in addition the US is insolvent. Way to teach up all the "financial morons" around here. Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to?

From the looks of it, more than half of the Hillary-loving/Trump-fearing bed-wetters don't even know that congress authorizes and controls federal spending. Seriously gonna take issue with my point? Trump's bankruptcies have as much to do with his potential presidency as Hillary's being a shitty wife has to do with hers. If these social media driven criteria are the key issues for some people, their lives are already fucked. That's all.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

--Dick Cheney

From the looks of it, more than half of the Hillary-loving/Trump-fearing bed-wetters don't even know that congress authorizes and controls federal spending. Seriously gonna take issue with my point? Trump's bankruptcies have as much to do with his potential presidency as Hillary's being a shitty wife has to do with hers. If these social media driven criteria are the key issues for some people, their lives are already fucked. That's all.
    So you're blaming the Republicans for the country's financial woes.

• Options

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

--Dick Cheney

Holy Fuck. This is a cry for help.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2016

salemcoog said:

OZONE said:

Hi there! The Country is already bankrupt. Soon interest on debt will be our 3rd biggest "program".

That would be my last worry of a Trump Presidency.
    The US is bankrupt?1!!? Holy Shit, why didn't somebody say something?

I didn't realize something like that could happen to a country with debt-to-GDP of 75% and possessing the world's reserve currency.

Looks like @Swaye was right and it's time to bury a can filled with arrowheads, beads and doghides in the backyard.
    You mean over 100% and headed higher with interest rates sure to increaase on it. Sure.... were not Greece but were not healthy either
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

--Dick Cheney

I disagree with you. So do two Billionaires with more impressive resume's than Trump's.

I'd say you are on the losing side.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

--Dick Cheney

I disagree with you. So do two Billionaires with more impressive resume's than Trump's.

Stalin and Mao are dead.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sledog said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

--Dick Cheney

Stalin and Mao are dead.
    Pity you aren't.
  • Options
    Only one thing is certain: We're electing an asshole this November.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

OZONE said:

Hi there! The Country is already bankrupt. Soon interest on debt will be our 3rd biggest "program".

I didn't realize something like that could happen to a country with debt-to-GDP of 75% and possessing the world's reserve currency.

Looks like @Swaye was right and it's time to bury a can filled with arrowheads, beads and doghides in the backyard.
    You mean over 100% and headed higher with interest rates sure to increaase on it. Sure.... were not Greece but were not healthy either

"The deficit projected by CBO would increase debt held
    by the public to 76 percent of GDP by the end of 2016,
    the agency estimates—about 2 percentage points higher
    than it was last year and higher than it has been since the
    years immediately following World War II."

--CBO, January 2016.

Current year estimates (Fiscal Year 2016 ending Spet. 30) stay true to the 75% estimate. See also OMB and the FED (KOMO TV 4 and all that). The US government does not have debt outstanding greater than its gross domestic product.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

OZONE said:

--CBO, January 2016.

Current year estimates (Fiscal Year 2016 ending Spet. 30) stay true to the 75% estimate. See also OMB and the FED (KOMO TV 4 and all that). The US government does not have debt outstanding greater than its gross domestic product.

I'm talking about Government debt. It's around 103%

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/government-debt-to-gdp

So in other words.... you're full of shit. Your'e not counting intergovernmental debt such as liabilities to Social Security and such. It's still debt all the same.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

OZONE said:

--CBO, January 2016.

So in other words.... you're full of shit. Your'e not counting intergovernmental debt such as liabilities to Social Security and such. It's still debt all the same.
    How much of that government debt has pledged revenue streams. Such as bond debt held by a city?

Holy fucktarded statistic.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

--Dick Cheney

I bet money you've blasted Obama for excessive spending and bankrupting our country more than once.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,362
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I read the whole thread. Now

• Options
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

OZONE said:

--CBO, January 2016.

* You're

Totally different things: the "hard" cost of publicly issued debt, versus debt that can be changed by policy. You have to pay bond holders or you default. Entitlement debt can be changed by policy (increasing the retirement age, means testing payments, etc.) Your bogus debt claims are not true until exchanged for a hard cost.

But who cares. Bury your tin can in the backyard, scream BANKRUPTCY!1!, INSOLVENCY!11.

In the end, your pocket will still be picked by people smarter than you.

• Options
    2001400ex said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

--Dick Cheney

I bet money you've blasted Obama for excessive spending and bankrupting our country more than once.
    Way to go, kid. You'll be hitting without a batting tee before you know it.
  • Options

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

OZONE said:

--CBO, January 2016.

* You're

Totally different things: the "hard" cost of publicly issued debt, versus debt that can be changed by policy. You have to pay bond holders or you default. Entitlement debt can be changed by policy (increasing the retirement age, means testing payments, etc.) Your bogus debt claims are not true until exchanged for a hard cost.

But who cares. Bury your tin can in the backyard, scream BANKRUPTCY!1!, INSOLVENCY!11.

In the end, your pocket will still be picked by people smarter than you.

Right because entitlement costs will go down give me a fuckin. Break. The new world order hasn't found a social program that it won't bolster to swell like a tick. Sure retirement ages may increase and Medicare benefits may shrink for the individual. But the costs of those entitlements will continue to spiral out of control even with such measures. My numbers are reality. Your numbers are akin to sticking your head in the sand pretending the obligations don't exist.