Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Has ISIS Infiltrated Homeland Security? Orlando Terrorist Worked for Major DHS Contractor

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,758
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

There are 73 employees of TSA on the terrorist watch list. So yeah I'd say they're working on it!

Yet they can still buy guns. Despite a bill in Congress trying to stop them.
    I guess he could buy one after being investigated by the FBI just like Hillary can run for president while being investigated for federal felonies by the FBI.
    You guess? He did buy the guns in the last week after being on the watch list. Wonder what could have stopped him from buying the guns???
    Gun laws don't work. I wish more liberal idiots would figure it out seems you just stumbled on it. France has really strict gun laws. How'd that work out in Paris? Bad guys get guns. Odd how the shitbag in question doesn't represent every muslim but he represents every gun owner.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

There are 73 employees of TSA on the terrorist watch list. So yeah I'd say they're working on it!

I guess he could buy one after being investigated by the FBI just like Hillary can run for president while being investigated for federal felonies by the FBI.
    You guess? He did buy the guns in the last week after being on the watch list. Wonder what could have stopped him from buying the guns???
    Gun laws don't work. I wish more liberal idiots would figure it out seems you just stumbled on it. France has really strict gun laws. How'd that work out in Paris? Bad guys get guns. Odd how the shitbag in question doesn't represent every muslim but he represents every gun owner.
    Right. So let's just arm every American. Because of Paris.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Every American legally eligible to do so wouldn't bother me in the least. An Armed society is a polite society!

Odd for me to be arguing gun control with people who think it's OK to kill babies.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Every American legally eligible to do so wouldn't bother me in the least. An Armed society is a polite society!

Odd for me to be arguing gun control with people who think it's OK to kill babies.
    I'm not sure I've ever supported killing babies. That just sounds mean, but whatever.

Our society is armed. There are some practical things we can do without taking one gun away from one American, that can help reduce these shootings. But there are too many people like you scared about gun control. For no reason.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

I'm not sure I've ever supported killing babies. That just sounds mean, but whatever.

Our society is armed. There are some practical things we can do without taking one gun away from one American, that can help reduce these shootings. But there are too many people like you scared about gun control. For no reason.
    Liberal's are mostly pro choice, correct?

No reason? The 2nd Amendment guarantees the other amendments. No 2nd no constitution. It's the teeth of the constitution. A government should fear the people not the other way around. The 2nd intends the people to be similarly armed and equipped to the military as the people are in fact the militia. Read Scalia on the Heller case decision.

Any politician wanting to disarm the populace has evil intentions. Arms are why we are citizens and not subjects. Remember that on April 19th 1775 the British were marching to seize the colonist arms and powder stores. Gun control led to the shot heard 'round the world and the American Revolution. I wonder if it could happen again? Not sure there are enough actual Americans left.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,509
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Gun control won't result in taking away any guns from anyone. What a fucking whopper.

The FBI had the guy pegged and didn't do shit. Yet, we want to give an incompetent government more power and control....lol

Liberals and gays are super tolerant of cultures who want to kill them for their freedom, but oppose conservatives that want to protect them. The irony is always thicker than the minds which conceive such absurdities.

Don't forget the fact that the largest mass shooting of all time on US soil was actually conducted by the government at Wounded Knee (hi @Swaye ), and history is littered with examples of gun control being used to subvert the populace and install tyrannical governments.

Yet you still trust the government to keep us safe. A sucker is born every day I guess.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Liberal's are mostly pro choice, correct?

No reason? The 2nd Amendment guarantees the other amendments. No 2nd no constitution. It's the teeth of the constitution. A government should fear the people not the other way around. The 2nd intends the people to be similarly armed and equipped to the military as the people are in fact the militia. Read Scalia on the Heller case decision.

Any politician wanting to disarm the populace has evil intentions. Arms are why we are citizens and not subjects. Remember that on April 19th 1775 the British were marching to seize the colonist arms and powder stores. Gun control led to the shot heard 'round the world and the American Revolution. I wonder if it could happen again? Not sure there are enough actual Americans left.
    First, who said I'm a liberal? Second, pro choice is not the same as killing babies. Third, I've never discussed my views on abortion here.

Fourth, there is no politician asking to "disarm the populace".

And lastly, there's no gun a citizen can have that can do any damage to the military if they were to come knocking on your door.

HTH
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Gun control won't result in taking away any guns from anyone. What a fucking whopper.

The FBI had the guy pegged and didn't do shit. Yet, we want to give an incompetent government more power and control....lol

Liberals and gays are super tolerant of cultures who want to kill them for their freedom, but oppose conservatives that want to protect them. The irony is always thicker than the minds which conceive such absurdities.

Don't forget the fact that the largest mass shooting of all time on US soil was actually conducted by the government at Wounded Knee (hi @Swaye ), and history is littered with examples of gun control being used to subvert the populace and install tyrannical governments.

Yet you still trust the government to keep us safe. A sucker is born every day I guess.
    The FBI could have done something if Congress would have passed the bill about known terrorists not having access to guns. But too many nuts like you cling to guns so conservative politicians are afraid to pass any legislation related to guns. Which is FS.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2016
    2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

The FBI could have done something if Congress would have passed the bill about known terrorists not having access to guns. But too many nuts like you cling to guns so conservative politicians are afraid to pass any legislation related to guns. Which is FS.
    Or the FBI is too worried about being called racist to actually do their jobs. Guy should never have been in the country to begin with, let alone working for our government. But we can't bring into question their competence, can we? Why the FUCK is our government harboring known terrorists then?

Many people oppose watch lists all together, because they understand the potential abuse of power that can result from such a thing. Someday we might put all political dissidents on a watch list and deny them their 2nd Amendment rights. What would stop them?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Remove your disdain for the 2nd amendment for a moment, and then consider this "known terrorist" bill denying any other constitutionally protected right, such as habeas corpus. Know Terrorist is essentially thought-crime. Being on a watch list of that sort has no due process. Personally, I don't think I like the implications of that either. But that's where a known terrorist list ends up.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Or the FBI is too worried about being called racist to actually do their jobs. Guy should never have been in the country to begin with, let alone working for our government. But we can't bring into question their competence, can we? Why the FUCK is our government harboring known terrorists then?

Many people oppose watch lists all together, because they understand the potential abuse of power that can result from such a thing. Someday we might put all political dissidents on a watch list and deny them their 2nd Amendment rights. What would stop them?
    So let's do nothing then. Worked so far.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

So let's do nothing then. Worked so far.
    I think you're misunderstanding who "we" is. HTH.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    Swaye's Wigwam
    WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING

Agreed.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2016
    PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Such 5.3, J
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

I am not in favor of arming you... assuming you are an American, of course
  • Options

2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Remove your disdain for the 2nd amendment for a moment, and then consider this "known terrorist" bill denying any other constitutionally protected right, such as habeas corpus. Know Terrorist is essentially thought-crime. Being on a watch list of that sort has no due process. Personally, I don't think I like the implications of that either. But that's where a known terrorist list ends up.
    I don't have any disdain for the second amendment. At all. Is it so bad to have a background check prior to a gun purchase?

I do struggle with the freedom issue. Because I can see local authorities abusing the system with disallowing guns to people. But think of it this way, there is a no fly list. Do you think it's really that bad to have a list of people who can't fly that we deny gun purchases to? If you want to legally buy a gun, don't have terrorist affiliations.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

I don't have any disdain for the second amendment. At all. Is it so bad to have a background check prior to a gun purchase?

I do struggle with the freedom issue. Because I can see local authorities abusing the system with disallowing guns to people. But think of it this way, there is a no fly list. Do you think it's really that bad to have a list of people who can't fly that we deny gun purchases to? If you want to legally buy a gun, don't have terrorist affiliations.
    I'll put you down as PRO 2nd Amendment, neutral on the 1st, and ANTI the 5th.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Who decides who is a terrorist and who is an honest American, Hondo?
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

Who decides who is a terrorist and who is an honest American, Hondo?

You J, get to make that decision. But really I'd prefer that the death panels have that authority.