Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Someone needs to stop Pete

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Teq counting coup like Swaye up in this bitch
  • Options
    Intersectional_DawgIntersectional_Dawg Member Posts: 524
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

In this thread: faggots who listen to Canadian boys instead of actual rap.

Hryk.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Re-reading this thread was actually a fun trip down memory lane for people's year 3 expectations of Pete.
    NEsnake12 said:

Comparing Helfrich to Petersen is fucking dumb. Helf was Oregons OC and didn't have to completely overhaul the system coming in like Petersen did, and also didn't have to deal with massive attrition that left holes in the depth chart.

Helf did have 2 really good years to start, but once all of Chip's main talent started leaving he got exposed. Oregons defense has gotten worse and worse, recruiting hasn't been bringing in the same level of talent as in the Chip era, and QB development has been a dubstep fire.

Pete had enough talent to do better than he did, and bad coahing cost 3-5 more losses than there should've been. BUT it's fucking dumb to assume he inherited a situation as good as Helfrich. There should be some gap between the expectations.

Overall though, both Pete and Helf deserve the axe after this year if they do any worse than 9-3. Pete needs to prove his system can win now that it's all in place, and Helf needs to make last year's train wreck seem like a fluke.

Kind of makes me wonder about if Slingblade actually would've been fired had he not choked away some of the more winnable games from last season (@NEB, vs CU, @OSU). Like does he still get fired if he wins 2 of those and goes 6-6?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

When you're a top 3 coach in america, you can get away with anything, including 3 wins in year 3. Trumpy knows all about that type of latitude.

Just stop. Petersen hasn't proven he's even a top 3 coach in the conference. I'm pretty sure he's not.
    You were saying???
    You want to take the gloves off? I'll find your Tyrone and Sark support posts.
    Let me guess?

You are taking the Tyrone support as the Gloves Off post?

Then for Sark looking at a preseason post from sometime after the Vegas Bowl/Boise game in 2012 and the start of the 2012 season in saying what UW SHOULD be able to do in 2013?

In both cases those arguments over the years have been disproven. I was very vocal in 2007 about firing Tyrone and lambasted the decision to retain after the 2007 season. I was also extremely vocal in 2013 regarding the decision to fire Sark as the season showed that he didn't get it and likely never would.

You are way more likely to poke holes into me by going after the fact that I tend to sit back with any hire that is made and allow them to have the opportunity to prove whether they can get the job done or not before I get too critical. While I may go after something here and there, I'm definitely in the camp that about 90%+ of most coaching hires deserve a 3-4 year body of work to be judged before coming to any conclusion.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

When you're a top 3 coach in america, you can get away with anything, including 3 wins in year 3. Trumpy knows all about that type of latitude.

Just stop. Petersen hasn't proven he's even a top 3 coach in the conference. I'm pretty sure he's not.
    You were saying???
    You want to take the gloves off? I'll find your Tyrone and Sark support posts.
    And by the way, nice work with the classic defensive behavior of deflecting attention from yourself to looking at others ...

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

Tequila being right last year is a great example of blind squirrels finding nuts. Doog so hard about your team every year and eventually they will win and prove you "right".

Go Stars!

You should probably go back and check your facts ... that's 2 straight year that I've been right about UW ... also had them at 7-6 back in 2015.

But would hate for facts to be part of your vocabulary.
    Everyone in the universe had our DAWGS at 7 wins

Big fucking deal
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Possibly but what if they went 6-6 and then got slaughtered in a Bowl game?

Also in the spirit of Denny Green, you are what your record is.
    NEsnake12 said:

Re-reading this thread was actually a fun trip down memory lane for people's year 3 expectations of Pete.

NEsnake12 said:

Comparing Helfrich to Petersen is fucking dumb. Helf was Oregons OC and didn't have to completely overhaul the system coming in like Petersen did, and also didn't have to deal with massive attrition that left holes in the depth chart.

Helf did have 2 really good years to start, but once all of Chip's main talent started leaving he got exposed. Oregons defense has gotten worse and worse, recruiting hasn't been bringing in the same level of talent as in the Chip era, and QB development has been a dubstep fire.

Pete had enough talent to do better than he did, and bad coahing cost 3-5 more losses than there should've been. BUT it's fucking dumb to assume he inherited a situation as good as Helfrich. There should be some gap between the expectations.

Overall though, both Pete and Helf deserve the axe after this year if they do any worse than 9-3. Pete needs to prove his system can win now that it's all in place, and Helf needs to make last year's train wreck seem like a fluke.

Kind of makes me wonder about if Slingblade actually would've been fired had he not choked away some of the more winnable games from last season (@NEB, vs CU, @OSU). Like does he still get fired if he wins 2 of those and goes 6-6?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was all in last year. Pete needed to be the guy or I was done.
  • Options
    Intersectional_DawgIntersectional_Dawg Member Posts: 524
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    You guys (and by you guys I mainly mean Tequilla) are fucking weirdos for digging through the archives for these old threads.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

Tequila being right last year is a great example of blind squirrels finding nuts. Doog so hard about your team every year and eventually they will win and prove you "right".

Go Stars!

You should probably go back and check your facts ... that's 2 straight year that I've been right about UW ... also had them at 7-6 back in 2015.

Big fucking deal
    Big time disagree

Vegas had the o/u at 4 or 4.5 depending on where you were betting ...

Most of the people around here were holding Pete to 8+ wins because they tried to act tough with the whole if Pete is who he says he is then the youth excuse is just an excuse ...

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

Go Stars!

Big fucking deal
    Big time disagree

Most of the people around here were holding Pete to 8+ wins because they tried to act tough with the whole if Pete is who he says he is then the youth excuse is just an excuse ...

Fuck

Does 7 win Steve ring a fucking bell?

7 win Petersen was an easy call
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,578
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

You guys (and by you guys I mainly mean Tequilla) are fucking weirdos for digging through the archives for these old threads.

Guys? Show some attack helicopter awareness for me.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

Go Stars!

Big fucking deal
    Big time disagree

Fuck

Lazy reasoning ...

You could at least consider that with Sark because of his issues as a coach ...

But Sark isn't Pete ... so completely different
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Your knew hear. Send a PM to @IrishDawg22 - he has this place dialed in.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

Go Stars!

Big fucking deal
    Big time disagree

Fuck

Lazy reasoning ...

You could at least consider that with Sark because of his issues as a coach ...

But Sark isn't Pete ... so completely different
    Yet they won 7 games. Fuck
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    @Tequilla fucking stop already. You've tipped from hardyharhar to pogrom.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,578
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People forget that Pete had a losing record in conference play during his first 2 years.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    MisterEm said:

dnc said:

Canadian Drake?

Rape eye
    #BringBackOurActualDuck
    @oregonblitzkrieg ?
    Hurtful