Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Gaskin averaged 100 yards rushing per game as a true frosh?

1234568»

Comments

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

@Ice_Holmvik: I get it's a process. But we're still not seeing the big, important wins. UW's been "on the upswing" or "building" or "doing it the right way" ever since 2008. It's now 2016. Sark had his best, 9 win season before he left, but everyone knows that season's schedule had more to do with win #9 than team improvement. Truth is, UW plateaued under Sark, still losing the big games and going to shit-tier bowls.

CP is different, and recruiting is a great indicator of internal program strength. But the red flag-wearing elephant in the room is Smiff. That's the one, big decision that I question CP's reasoning on. The Tedford hire may yield positive results, but it also shines a spotlight on the truck full of "special needs" equipment and support Smiff requires, which is like dumping thousands into a jalopy car worth $500.

Point that I agree with Race and iDawg about, is that nobody should be sporting a sweat pants boner anymore, until we see UW beating at least 3 of 4 Cali teams, both AZ's and of course, Oregon. And we can't get there with the best D in the conference. We need a potent offense, not a weak, troubled, dysfunctional passing game that makes UW one dimensional like last year.

This could be "the year," but fans have been saying that since 2008. CP's a big boy, paid a lot of money, in his third year of doing a job he says he always wanted. It's show me time. No more boner teases.

This is a quality response. I understand completely what you are saying. But I do see a HUGE difference between how Sark built his teams and the culture he groomed compared to how Pete is building his team. This year should be a great barometer of where this team is headed.
    Ty was a molder of men who built teams the right way until he wasn't.
    Ty fancied himself a molder of men but that was a fallacy. Petersen has a track record at Boise that speaks for itself. BUT the big difference is that Pete's first two recruiting classes are better than all of Ty's recruiting classes combined. And it is not even close. You can mold men all you want. You still gotta have the Jimmie's and Joe's.
    Isn't their record the difference? FMFYFE.

Sark was better than Ty, too.
    Sark WAS better than TY. I am thankful for having Sarkisian at UW. He came to us at 0-12 and was exactly the boost of energy the program needed after the tyranny of Ty. He bropught back the spirit of "Say Who, Say What?" Who else was coming to UW at that time? He got us to the point where we could hire a Chris Petersen. Sark plateaued here but in the history of UW going forward he should be remembered as a an important piece in the rebuild of UW. Thank God Hayden hired him when he did and he imploded at USC not UW or his time here would not be seen as favorably.
    I hated Sarkisian at UW from day 1.

He held this program back then embarrassed UW. I hope he's never allowed ar

UW plays a nine game schedule. Hope this helps. The three faggots they open with now don't count.

Out of those nine games two are tough pending USC getting a real coach or UCLA not imploding. That would be three. Fuck ASU and the rest of the shit in this league.

Going 7-2 in league would be a huge improvement but would likely still be a 3rd place Finnish, meaning no game against Finland for the gold

Beat Oregon, Stanford and win the North. Nothing else matters

I've been trying to tell youpeople this
    Whatever dude. Being negative is easy. Give me some content to back up your position.
    14: 8-6 (4-5)
    15: 7-6 (4-5)

WE win.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    edited May 2016

Okay!! There we go. Christ! I'm fucking exhausted!!

pretty simple toyd! Talk about exhausted...ho-lee-fuckall

MisterEm said:

Gladstone said:

@Ice_Holmvik: I get it's a process. But we're still not seeing the big, important wins. UW's been "on the upswing" or "building" or "doing it the right way" ever since 2008. It's now 2016. Sark had his best, 9 win season before he left

Sark never won 9 games.

HTH.
    Correct. My bad. Although he'd have won the SF Giants Bowl, or whatever it was. Was it the "Kraft Fight Hunger" Bowl? Christ. I think it was.
    WTF? Revisionist history much.

Remember the Vegas bowl vs Coach Pete's BSU? How did that work out?

The script says Sark fucks up the Mormon BYU homecoming bowl game. Tui took clearly over leadership Benched Peters, and then ran the shit out of the ball...which we all know Sark would not have done on a "gameday" let alone a bowl game.

Christ.
    Let's stick with *actual* history, Em. So you're positing that the same coach who ran Sankey 306 times for 1775 yards prior to the BYU bowl game, wouldn't have run the ball that night.

That might be the dumbest, most retarded fucking post I've read all week.
    Ok!

Actual history like the mythical 9 win Sark coached UW season you purported? Do you have a link?

Or....

Sark's Vegas bowl loss to Boise Truckers U against inferior competition?

Maybe you should throw in some SRS and F- garbage to justify your original doogman level analysis.

Who was the nimrod who implied Sark won 9* games (or would have, rather easily) at UW, again?

How did Sark's "BIG" games or homecoming games work out at UW and SC....in actual history? Not rush attempts and passing yards. Wins and Losses.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,897 Standard Supporter
    edited May 2016
    MisterEm said:

MisterEm said:

Gladstone said:

@Ice_Holmvik: I get it's a process. But we're still not seeing the big, important wins. UW's been "on the upswing" or "building" or "doing it the right way" ever since 2008. It's now 2016. Sark had his best, 9 win season before he left

Sark never won 9 games.

HTH.
    Correct. My bad. Although he'd have won the SF Giants Bowl, or whatever it was. Was it the "Kraft Fight Hunger" Bowl? Christ. I think it was.

The script says Sark fucks up the Mormon BYU homecoming bowl game. Tui took clearly over leadership Benched Peters, and then ran the shit out of the ball...which we all know Sark would not have done on a "gameday" let alone a bowl game.

Christ.
    Let's stick with *actual* history, Em. So you're positing that the same coach who ran Sankey 306 times for 1775 yards prior to the BYU bowl game, wouldn't have run the ball that night.

Ok!

Actual history like the mythical 9 win Sark coached UW season you purported? Do you have a link?

Or....

Maybe you should throw in some SRS and F- garbage to justify your original doogman level analysis.

Who was the nimrod who implied Sark won 9* games (or would have, rather easily) at UW, again?

How did Sark's "BIG" games or homecoming games work out at UW and SC....in actual history? Not rush attempts and passing yards. Wins and Losses.
    THAT pettifoggery took you two days to muster? Thanks for playing, Nancy.
  • H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

MisterEm said:

MisterEm said:

Gladstone said:

Sark never won 9 games.

HTH.

Christ.

Ok!

Or....

THAT pettifoggery took you two days to muster? Thanks for playing, Nancy.
    Chincredibled for "pettifoggery".

Would also have accepted "worthless screed".