Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Gaskin averaged 100 yards rushing per game as a true frosh?

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

phineas said:

Great quotes as always

@Ice_Holmvik should be the Friday sacrifice
    You trying to gain favor by picking on the one guy this board dislikes more than you? Shameful!
    I didn't post about @2001400ex
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,912

Either you are arguing that Ty is a better recruiter than Sark, Sark is a better coach than Peterman, or abundance.

Im just arguing that you dont understand any of this stuff. Its comedy for me, provides quality material. Ill patiently wait for you to attempt to jump on the pup-pete wagon next year. Predicting game 5. Will be enjoyable.

Preach Puppy! "Some men you just can't reach..................So you get what we have here

EwaDawg said:

dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

Yeah and we had a GREAT defense and only went 7-6 (4-5). The metrics are pointing up. Pete sure did a hell of a job last year.

I know you're being sarcasmic but everything you said before the final sentence is true.

Pete is good at developing talent. In game coaching? He can get better.

True and accurate. Pac12 is way tougher, top to bottom, than the MW, where many of Pete's wins were in his pocket before the game started. Context matters for expectations.
    Pete's #1 quality is as a sideline coach Turd. WTF, do you even watch college football? . 92-12 before he got to UW pretty much backs it up. I watched every notable game Pete coached at bsu. Simply a master in big games. Sometimes puppy just shakes his head at some of the shit that dribbles out your cunts out here (hi kim)
    92-12 proved that he could inherit the dominant program in the WAC and beat retards.
    Oklahomo, Oregon two years in a row, virgin tech, tcu twice, georgia Oregon st
    Bill: You did not write Oregon State. No, you didn't. My eyes deceive me, right?

I don't understand all the hurt butts about CP. I'm a fan, and I believe we're watching him grow into a top-tier Pac12 coach. But he's not there yet so stop dumping 100% of the fault on "Sark's players" or "youth." Who brought us Smiff, huh? Maybe this is the year CP breaks through to the top of the league. Great. But he got caught with his pants down around his ankles several times in '14 and '15, because the Pac12 is way tougher to navigate week in and week out than the MW. Very seldom will there be cupcakes in Pac12 league like in the MW. And that's why CP was 92-12 and not 72-30, which is still fucking great and justifies hiring him.

Jesus Christ, are we really arguing the MW is equal in strength to the Pac12?
    Uh Turd, those are the facts. This team was on par with ty's 0-12 team when Pete took over. Cyress was that bad. This team would have won 4 games last year with Sark and maybe 5-6 next year. Those are more facts.
    Puppy, puppy, puppy....That's just FS and you know it. Sark left the cupboard bare in spots, no doubt, but Ty had no D worth a shit, even with good players on the team, and couldn't hold a candle to all the D studs on CP's first, well-coached defense at UW.

I like and share your optimism, Pup. But you can't keep up this "Move along, nothing to see here" about the last 15 years. We all know the difference between hype and results. Well, most of us, anyway.
    How many games did Sark win with Ty's 0-12 team (basically same players)? Next topic?
    More conference games in two years than Peterman did with Sark's players.

Either you are arguing that Ty is a better recruiter than Sark, Sark is a better coach than Peterman, or abundance.

Im just arguing that you dont understand any of this stuff. Its comedy for me, provides quality material. Ill patiently wait for you to attempt to jump on the pup-pete wagon next year. Predicting game 5. Will be enjoyable.
    If I don't jump on this year, I'm never jumping on.

Your arguments suck by the way. Pick one and stick to it.
    Please do us all a favor and stay off...
    edited May 2016

EwaDawg said:

dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

Yeah and we had a GREAT defense and only went 7-6 (4-5). The metrics are pointing up. Pete sure did a hell of a job last year.

I know you're being sarcasmic but everything you said before the final sentence is true.

True and accurate. Pac12 is way tougher, top to bottom, than the MW, where many of Pete's wins were in his pocket before the game started. Context matters for expectations.
    Pete's #1 quality is as a sideline coach Turd. WTF, do you even watch college football? . 92-12 before he got to UW pretty much backs it up. I watched every notable game Pete coached at bsu. Simply a master in big games. Sometimes puppy just shakes his head at some of the shit that dribbles out your cunts out here (hi kim)
    92-12 proved that he could inherit the dominant program in the WAC and beat retards.
    Bill: You did not write Oregon State. No, you didn't. My eyes deceive me, right?

I don't understand all the hurt butts about CP. I'm a fan, and I believe we're watching him grow into a top-tier Pac12 coach. But he's not there yet so stop dumping 100% of the fault on "Sark's players" or "youth." Who brought us Smiff, huh? Maybe this is the year CP breaks through to the top of the league. Great. But he got caught with his pants down around his ankles several times in '14 and '15, because the Pac12 is way tougher to navigate week in and week out than the MW. Very seldom will there be cupcakes in Pac12 league like in the MW. And that's why CP was 92-12 and not 72-30, which is still fucking great and justifies hiring him.

Uh Turd, those are the facts. This team was on par with ty's 0-12 team when Pete took over. Cyress was that bad. This team would have won 4 games last year with Sark and maybe 5-6 next year. Those are more facts.
    Puppy, puppy, puppy....That's just FS and you know it. Sark left the cupboard bare in spots, no doubt, but Ty had no D worth a shit, even with good players on the team, and couldn't hold a candle to all the D studs on CP's first, well-coached defense at UW.

I like and share your optimism, Pup. But you can't keep up this "Move along, nothing to see here" about the last 15 years. We all know the difference between hype and results. Well, most of us, anyway.
    How many games did Sark win with Ty's 0-12 team (basically same players)? Next topic?

I've been off for 14 years.

Doogs like you told me I'd be jumping on for Gilby, Ty, and Sark too.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

EwaDawg said:

dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

True OG doogs told you you would never jump on cause @HillsboroDuck
    dnc said:

EwaDawg said:

dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

True OG doogs told you you would never jump on cause @HillsboroDuck
    J?
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,897 Standard Supporter
    edited May 2016

Okay!! There we go. Christ! I'm fucking exhausted!!

pretty simple toyd! Talk about exhausted...ho-lee-fuckall

MisterEm said:

Gladstone said:

@Ice_Holmvik: I get it's a process. But we're still not seeing the big, important wins. UW's been "on the upswing" or "building" or "doing it the right way" ever since 2008. It's now 2016. Sark had his best, 9 win season before he left

Sark never won 9 games.

HTH.
    Correct. My bad. Although he'd have won the SF Giants Bowl, or whatever it was. Was it the "Kraft Fight Hunger" Bowl? Christ. I think it was.
    WTF? Revisionist history much.

Remember the Vegas bowl vs Coach Pete's BSU? How did that work out?

The script says Sark fucks up the Mormon BYU homecoming bowl game. Tui took clearly over leadership Benched Peters, and then ran the shit out of the ball...which we all know Sark would not have done on a "gameday" let alone a bowl game.

Christ.
    Let's stick with *actual* history, Em. So you're positing that the same coach who ran Sankey 306 times for 1775 yards prior to the BYU bowl game, wouldn't have run the ball that night.

That might be the dumbest, most retarded fucking post I've read all week.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Miles was horrible. Absolutely horrific. Worst qb to ever start at Washington for a significant amount of games. The next guy was cyler miles ahead. Id take most starters at the d-2 level over him. He was that bad. Now factor in the receivers he had to throw to, the worst husky o-line to ever take the field for
    UW, and DWash (one of the worst RB's to ever start at Washington, his vision was nonexistent) and puppy's analysis is dead-on in terms if which HC took over the more pathetic team. Sark head experienced and NFL-quality weapons at every level, Pete had NOT FUCKING ONE nfl-quality player on offense.

Oh he had 4 on defense, that will win you 10 games. It was playoff contender Oregon vs Shelton, Peters, Shaq and kikahamora. 22 on 4!!!! Get it baabs? Turd? J? That was the reality, the shit hand Pete was dealt by Sark. Spin it anyway you want (which you have tried 100 times and to no avail). Pete was handed a fucking mess. He's now rebuilding. Give him time.

Saban would have won 7 last year, understand? Cant polish a turd there buffer. He had x amount of players. Most were junk, few were pac12 ready. Most of the TALENT were his guys, True freshmen. Takes time for HIS guys (the ones with talent) to mature. Takes 4-5 years to build enough depth with HIS guys (the ones with pac12 talent) to beat other pac12 teams with already talent and depth. Get it now?

The miracle is His guys might be ready in year 3. Thats a testament to his coaching, not a given as you put it. chuck strong has 5-star talent and is behind Petersen in year 3, with 3-4-star talent. Get it? Pete is right on track. Too late to get on board though. The puppywagon has left the station with Billy, Ice, ballsack, splitter and a few others...1st stop, husky stadium for a meeting with Rutgers. You cant climb aboard now, your chance has passed. Ill enjoy pissing on you out the window when you try and get on board.

Im hearing there are only two things that smell like fish and one of them is fish.

Am also hearing the numbers below say Pete and Smith should be commended for doing the best they could with shitty Cyler. Coleman's 4.1 YPC might be the most underrated 4.1 YPC in college history. Even though Browning threw more interceptions and completed a lower percentage of passes its clear having him drop back was a far better option than running the ball behind that young inexperienced OL. Dont judge Brownings lack of rushing yards either. Defenses had to account for his legs and it opened up running lanes for Gaskin and the rest of the boys.

We should consider ourselves lucky that Pete and Smith protected Our Gaskin from injury and we should discount those rushing numbers. Heard from somebody I trust that you can't put too much into the other Husky RB YPC numbers.

Passing
    2014 Cy Miles: 66.7% Completion %. Threw 17 TD's, 4 interceptions 142.4 QB rating
    2015 Browning: 63.0% Completion %. Threw 16 TD's, 10 interceptions 139.4 QB rating

Yards Per Carry
    2014 YPC: Coleman 4.1 D. Wash 5.3 Miles 2.7
    2015 YPC: Gaskin 5.7 D Wash 6.0 Coleman 5.3 McClatcher 8.1 Browning .5

Run/Pass Plays Per Game
    2014: Run 43.4 Pass 28.6
    2015: Run 30.6 Pass 36.7

2014: Miles>Coleman, Pete and Smith Run
    2015: RB's >5.3 YPC, Pete and Smith Pass

A few other tasty nuggets: Heard from someone Tim Tebow was a better passer than most gave him credit for. If Urban Meyer let Tebow throw more than 13 or 14 times a game, Tebow could have been an NFL great. Instead Meyer was selfish and focused on winning instead of developing players. Don't know if Ohio State will tolerate his ways much longer.

Heard Pete Carroll left USC because he caught lightening in a bottle. You could see the wheels start to come off once Norm Chow left. The final straw? When Sark and Nick Holt defected to UW, Carroll knew his days were numbered. He got lucky to tumble into the Seahawks job. Even though Mora didn't win there, he recruited a lot of those players there and you can't blame him for the debacle left by Mike Holmgren

Also hearing Nick Saban's act is wearing thin down at Alabama. Tick. Tick. Tick. "Overrated" is the word many are using in Tuscaloosa. One source close to the situation told me a circus chimp could come in and win a Natty down there.

Update on Chip Kelly. Heard Oregon cut a last minute deal to avoid the heavy sanctions the NCAA was ready to drop. Oregon readily sacrificed Chip Kelly and the NCAA agreed to back off. Don't get wrapped up in Kellys W-L record. He cheated his way to the top. Although the wins and losses aren't there- yet- Oregon is in a far better place without Kelly and poised for greatness again soon. Once Helfrich gets all his guys in there and the stain of Kelly out, the Ducks will win Pac-12 titles and National Championships

MisterEm said:

Gladstone said:

@Ice_Holmvik: I get it's a process. But we're still not seeing the big, important wins. UW's been "on the upswing" or "building" or "doing it the right way" ever since 2008. It's now 2016. Sark had his best, 9 win season before he left

Sark never won 9 games.

HTH.
    Correct. My bad. Although he'd have won the SF Giants Bowl, or whatever it was. Was it the "Kraft Fight Hunger" Bowl? Christ. I think it was.

The script says Sark fucks up the Mormon BYU homecoming bowl game. Tui took clearly over leadership Benched Peters, and then ran the shit out of the ball...which we all know Sark would not have done on a "gameday" let alone a bowl game.

Christ.
    Let's stick with *actual* history, Em. So you're positing that the same coach who ran Sankey 306 times for 1775 yards prior to the BYU bowl game, wouldn't have run the ball that night.

Sark gonna Sark.
    Baseman said:

Miles was horrible. Absolutely horrific. Worst qb to ever start at Washington for a significant amount of games. The next guy was cyler miles ahead. Id take most starters at the d-2 level over him. He was that bad. Now factor in the receivers he had to throw to, the worst husky o-line to ever take the field for
    UW, and DWash (one of the worst RB's to ever start at Washington, his vision was nonexistent) and puppy's analysis is dead-on in terms if which HC took over the more pathetic team. Sark head experienced and NFL-quality weapons at every level, Pete had NOT FUCKING ONE nfl-quality player on offense.

Oh he had 4 on defense, that will win you 10 games. It was playoff contender Oregon vs Shelton, Peters, Shaq and kikahamora. 22 on 4!!!! Get it baabs? Turd? J? That was the reality, the shit hand Pete was dealt by Sark. Spin it anyway you want (which you have tried 100 times and to no avail). Pete was handed a fucking mess. He's now rebuilding. Give him time.

Saban would have won 7 last year, understand? Cant polish a turd there buffer. He had x amount of players. Most were junk, few were pac12 ready. Most of the TALENT were his guys, True freshmen. Takes time for HIS guys (the ones with talent) to mature. Takes 4-5 years to build enough depth with HIS guys (the ones with pac12 talent) to beat other pac12 teams with already talent and depth. Get it now?

The miracle is His guys might be ready in year 3. Thats a testament to his coaching, not a given as you put it. chuck strong has 5-star talent and is behind Petersen in year 3, with 3-4-star talent. Get it? Pete is right on track. Too late to get on board though. The puppywagon has left the station with Billy, Ice, ballsack, splitter and a few others...1st stop, husky stadium for a meeting with Rutgers. You cant climb aboard now, your chance has passed. Ill enjoy pissing on you out the window when you try and get on board.

Im hearing there are only two things that smell like fish and one of them is fish.

Am also hearing the numbers below say Pete and Smith should be commended for doing the best they could with shitty Cyler. Coleman's 4.1 YPC might be the most underrated 4.1 YPC in college history. Even though Browning threw more interceptions and completed a lower percentage of passes its clear having him drop back was a far better option than running the ball behind that young inexperienced OL. Dont judge Brownings lack of rushing yards either. Defenses had to account for his legs and it opened up running lanes for Gaskin and the rest of the boys.

We should consider ourselves lucky that Pete and Smith protected Our Gaskin from injury and we should discount those rushing numbers. Heard from somebody I trust that you can't put too much into the other Husky RB YPC numbers.

Passing
    2014 Cy Miles: 66.7% Completion %. Threw 17 TD's, 4 interceptions 142.4 QB rating
    2015 Browning: 63.0% Completion %. Threw 16 TD's, 10 interceptions 139.4 QB rating

Yards Per Carry

Run/Pass Plays Per Game

A few other tasty nuggets: Heard from someone Tim Tebow was a better passer than most gave him credit for. If Urban Meyer let Tebow throw more than 13 or 14 times a game, Tebow could have been an NFL great. Instead Meyer was selfish and focused on winning instead of developing players. Don't know if Ohio State will tolerate his ways much longer.

Heard Pete Carroll left USC because he caught lightening in a bottle. You could see the wheels start to come off once Norm Chow left. The final straw? When Sark and Nick Holt defected to UW, Carroll knew his days were numbered. He got lucky to tumble into the Seahawks job. Even though Mora didn't win there, he recruited a lot of those players there and you can't blame him for the debacle left by Mike Holmgren

Also hearing Nick Saban's act is wearing thin down at Alabama. Tick. Tick. Tick. "Overrated" is the word many are using in Tuscaloosa. One source close to the situation told me a circus chimp could come in and win a Natty down there.

Update on Chip Kelly. Heard Oregon cut a last minute deal to avoid the heavy sanctions the NCAA was ready to drop. Oregon readily sacrificed Chip Kelly and the NCAA agreed to back off. Don't get wrapped up in Kellys W-L record. He cheated his way to the top. Although the wins and losses aren't there- yet- Oregon is in a far better place without Kelly and poised for greatness again soon. Once Helfrich gets all his guys in there and the stain of Kelly out, the Ducks will win Pac-12 titles and National Championships

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/didntread.gifimagereactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/didntread.gif
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

PurpleJ said:

@Ice_Holmvik: I get it's a process. But we're still not seeing the big, important wins. UW's been "on the upswing" or "building" or "doing it the right way" ever since 2008. It's now 2016. Sark had his best, 9 win season before he left, but everyone knows that season's schedule had more to do with win #9 than team improvement. Truth is, UW plateaued under Sark, still losing the big games and going to shit-tier bowls.

CP is different, and recruiting is a great indicator of internal program strength. But the red flag-wearing elephant in the room is Smiff. That's the one, big decision that I question CP's reasoning on. The Tedford hire may yield positive results, but it also shines a spotlight on the truck full of "special needs" equipment and support Smiff requires, which is like dumping thousands into a jalopy car worth $500.

Point that I agree with Race and iDawg about, is that nobody should be sporting a sweat pants boner anymore, until we see UW beating at least 3 of 4 Cali teams, both AZ's and of course, Oregon. And we can't get there with the best D in the conference. We need a potent offense, not a weak, troubled, dysfunctional passing game that makes UW one dimensional like last year.

This could be "the year," but fans have been saying that since 2008. CP's a big boy, paid a lot of money, in his third year of doing a job he says he always wanted. It's show me time. No more boner teases.

This is a quality response. I understand completely what you are saying. But I do see a HUGE difference between how Sark built his teams and the culture he groomed compared to how Pete is building his team. This year should be a great barometer of where this team is headed.
    Ty was a molder of men who built teams the right way until he wasn't.
    Ty fancied himself a molder of men but that was a fallacy. Petersen has a track record at Boise that speaks for itself. BUT the big difference is that Pete's first two recruiting classes are better than all of Ty's recruiting classes combined. And it is not even close. You can mold men all you want. You still gotta have the Jimmie's and Joe's.
    Isn't their record the difference? FMFYFE.

Sark was better than Ty, too.
    Sark WAS better than TY. I am thankful for having Sarkisian at UW. He came to us at 0-12 and was exactly the boost of energy the program needed after the tyranny of Ty. He bropught back the spirit of "Say Who, Say What?" Who else was coming to UW at that time? He got us to the point where we could hire a Chris Petersen. Sark plateaued here but in the history of UW going forward he should be remembered as a an important piece in the rebuild of UW. Thank God Hayden hired him when he did and he imploded at USC not UW or his time here would not be seen as favorably.
    I hated Sarkisian at UW from day 1.

He held this program back then embarrassed UW. I hope he's never allowed ar

UW plays a nine game schedule. Hope this helps. The three faggots they open with now don't count.

Out of those nine games two are tough pending USC getting a real coach or UCLA not imploding. That would be three. Fuck ASU and the rest of the shit in this league.

Going 7-2 in league would be a huge improvement but would likely still be a 3rd place Finnish, meaning no game against Finland for the gold

Beat Oregon, Stanford and win the North. Nothing else matters

I've been trying to tell youpeople this

PurpleJ said:

@Ice_Holmvik: I get it's a process. But we're still not seeing the big, important wins. UW's been "on the upswing" or "building" or "doing it the right way" ever since 2008. It's now 2016. Sark had his best, 9 win season before he left, but everyone knows that season's schedule had more to do with win #9 than team improvement. Truth is, UW plateaued under Sark, still losing the big games and going to shit-tier bowls.

CP is different, and recruiting is a great indicator of internal program strength. But the red flag-wearing elephant in the room is Smiff. That's the one, big decision that I question CP's reasoning on. The Tedford hire may yield positive results, but it also shines a spotlight on the truck full of "special needs" equipment and support Smiff requires, which is like dumping thousands into a jalopy car worth $500.

Point that I agree with Race and iDawg about, is that nobody should be sporting a sweat pants boner anymore, until we see UW beating at least 3 of 4 Cali teams, both AZ's and of course, Oregon. And we can't get there with the best D in the conference. We need a potent offense, not a weak, troubled, dysfunctional passing game that makes UW one dimensional like last year.

This could be "the year," but fans have been saying that since 2008. CP's a big boy, paid a lot of money, in his third year of doing a job he says he always wanted. It's show me time. No more boner teases.

This is a quality response. I understand completely what you are saying. But I do see a HUGE difference between how Sark built his teams and the culture he groomed compared to how Pete is building his team. This year should be a great barometer of where this team is headed.
    Ty fancied himself a molder of men but that was a fallacy. Petersen has a track record at Boise that speaks for itself. BUT the big difference is that Pete's first two recruiting classes are better than all of Ty's recruiting classes combined. And it is not even close. You can mold men all you want. You still gotta have the Jimmie's and Joe's.

Sark WAS better than TY. I am thankful for having Sarkisian at UW. He came to us at 0-12 and was exactly the boost of energy the program needed after the tyranny of Ty. He bropught back the spirit of "Say Who, Say What?" Who else was coming to UW at that time? He got us to the point where we could hire a Chris Petersen. Sark plateaued here but in the history of UW going forward he should be remembered as a an important piece in the rebuild of UW. Thank God Hayden hired him when he did and he imploded at USC not UW or his time here would not be seen as favorably.

UW plays a nine game schedule. Hope this helps. The three faggots they open with now don't count.

Out of those nine games two are tough pending USC getting a real coach or UCLA not imploding. That would be three. Fuck ASU and the rest of the shit in this league.

Going 7-2 in league would be a huge improvement but would likely still be a 3rd place Finnish, meaning no game against Finland for the gold

Whatever dude. Being negative is easy. Give me some content to back up your position.
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Passing

Yards Per Carry

Run/Pass Plays Per Game

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/didntread.gifimagereactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/didntread.gif
    We don't post our real faces here.
    Would have expected more from you Base

PurpleJ said:

Whatever dude. Being negative is easy. Give me some content to back up your position.
    I think you need to LEAVE for this site:
    http://www.dawgman.com
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

MisterEm said:

Gladstone said:

Sark never won 9 games.

HTH.

Christ.

well... Since they had the same rosters... I don't understand why Pete didn't run Sanky last year and red shirt Gaskin
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Even @Tequilla thinks you are struggling badly.
    The only struugle puppy having is getting the taste of babe-anus off his mustachio from the ride it gave last night.
    Fancy Feast in your whiskers again?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,021 Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

7-6 (4-5)

I win.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,021 Founders Club

Even @Tequilla thinks you are struggling badly.
    The only struugle puppy having is getting the taste of babe-anus off his mustachio from the ride it gave last night.
    That and growing up black and poor in a ruff hood.