Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Husky Half Brains Episode 70

Comments

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club
    edited April 2016

Browning will be better than Conklin and just as good as Chandler.

This team is better coached. I saw it in the first half of the Boise CC game, especially on d. The play calling is the main issue right now.

I like to cite a loss against a shit MWC team as evidence of good coaching.

I do that.
    I think one of the more poignant plays (and a sad reality of what was to come) was the fumble rooski play on the final drive in Boise's redzone.

If I had to pick a theme of the HHB movement it would be "losers lose".

This was a perfect example where the coaching and play calling wasn't to blame, and a sign of the very hard mental shift that needs to take place at Washington to go from Losers to winners again.

They dialed up a play that saw their senior athletic "leader" Jaydon Mickens with the ball in his hands and 3 blockers in front with like 2 guys to beat to score a TD. Somehow he ends up getting tackled ( @GrundleStiltzkin i think you have a gif of this play). We've seen this shit time and time again. That same drive saw Dwash not make a 1 on 1 play with their safety and Lenius get shoved into a crabwalking Mickens on a bubble screen.

Of course we miss that field goal. Revisit that final drive at Boise and understand that if the new crop of Pete recruits dont understand how not to shrivel, we'll always be 7-6, 7-6, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6....
  • H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

That was a good podcast. Really showed that less is often more.

RB made Olympia sound dank, depressing & miserable. I'll never see Olympia the same way again. Great political discussion. Insightful and prescient.

Race: "If you were a Martian" would make for a great segment. You and iDawg are spot-on.

Talk trash about the Huskies and the HFP all you want but if we are going to bash Olympia, I am fuckin' out!
  • seatownfunkseatownfunk Member Posts: 805
    Our? punter is from Capital!!!!11!! What a cool year to be from Oly, man.
  • H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

Cooper Point!!!!
  • seatownfunkseatownfunk Member Posts: 805
    H_D said:

Cooper Point!!!!
    WestSide!!!
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

My dumb ass has searched "husky halfbrain podcast" "husky half brains" "idawg and race bannon" "race fucking bannon" and "fuck your race search engine bannon apple" and still can't find the podcast. What is its official name?

It's on Derek's feed.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hardcore-husky-podcast/id1033429984?mt=2
    I wanted to subscribe to it on the podcast app so I can listen to some of the earlier episodes on the way to work. Is it not actually on iTunes anymore?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter
    Subscribe to Derek's feed
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam

Subscribe to Derek's feed

I've already been a subscriber to Derek's feed for a long time but hadn't checked for a new 'cast lately. Hurtful and unnecessary downvote.
    Refresh and all thine riches shall be at hand.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,019 Founders Club
    I listened.

Great intro music that translated into some sexual tension. Football talk was great. Already saw the post about plotting winning percentage vs. 1st rounders. The point about Peterman putting Browning in a position to lose and retaining Smith is really valid and the most important takeaway here. I think it was iDawg that said it, but all you old white guys sound the same to me. Chest and his metrics. We had a GREAT defense last year. They don't pass the eye test. Peterman could be the football Romar.

Thoroughly appreciated Race's "Tales from the Depression". As a child of the depression my experience was vastly different. It actually reminded me of my dad quite a bit, except he went through a divorce in the process. Spot on about appreciating life and being free from giving a fuck or being scared of failure. Once you turn it around you walk through life with brass balls and an iron will. Tac Town Tuff.

Got on the politics and PC culture talk now. Heard it all before. Trump is Hitler, etc.

Disappointed in the lack of SEC hot talk. I wonder if Race would be interested in being a guest on someone else's podcast. Say, @puppylove_sugarsteel
    That's 5% site owner plss to you.
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    PurpleJ said:

I listened.

Great intro music that translated into some sexual tension. Football talk was great. Already saw the post about plotting winning percentage vs. 1st rounders. The point about Peterman putting Browning in a position to lose and retaining Smith is really valid and the most important takeaway here. I think it was iDawg that said it, but all you old white guys sound the same to me. Chest and his metrics. We had a GREAT defense last year. They don't pass the eye test. Peterman could be the football Romar.

Thoroughly appreciated Race's "Tales from the Depression". As a child of the depression my experience was vastly different. It actually reminded me of my dad quite a bit, except he went through a divorce in the process. Spot on about appreciating life and being free from giving a fuck or being scared of failure. Once you turn it around you walk through life with brass balls and an iron will. Tac Town Tuff.

Got on the politics and PC culture talk now. Heard it all before. Trump is Hitler, etc.

Disappointed in the lack of SEC hot talk. I wonder if Race would be interested in being a guest on someone else's podcast. Say, @puppylove_sugarsteel

Flagged for talking about your two dads divorce. NOGAF.

Swaye said:

Race, I love your story about hitting rock bottom and letting your life collapse all around you. I am close. Any good pro tips so I can get kicked out of my trailer and live on the street? I am so fucking close to total failure. Help me.

I spent most of my life fearing losing it all. Once it happened it was liberating. I rarely regretted not playing it safe even at the very edge of the abyss. I didn't feel like I left anything behind that I really wanted.
    I feel like I can't take your poasts seriously anymore now because I have heard your voice. I always just imagined the actual Race Bannon's voice, and now it was ruined by listening to the pod for this first time. FUCK
    If you were to compare the frequencies his voice to Chest it could be an advanced metrics argument that HFP is superior!

PurpleJ said:

I listened.

Flagged for talking about your two dads divorce. NOGAF.
    What part of my mom is dead and black did you not fucking understand? Enough of this racist CRAP from you! Go back to your Trump rally!
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

It actually reminded me of my dad quite a bit

Flagged for not telling us which dad.

PurpleJ said:

It actually reminded me of my dad quite a bit

Flagged for not telling us which dad.
    I only have one dad. I get the joke. I have two moms technically because dad got remarried. I always wonder which mom would win in a fight.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Swaye said:

Race, I love your story about hitting rock bottom and letting your life collapse all around you. I am close. Any good pro tips so I can get kicked out of my trailer and live on the street? I am so fucking close to total failure. Help me.

I spent most of my life fearing losing it all. Once it happened it was liberating. I rarely regretted not playing it safe even at the very edge of the abyss. I didn't feel like I left anything behind that I really wanted.
    I feel like I can't take your poasts seriously anymore now because I have heard your voice. I always just imagined the actual Race Bannon's voice, and now it was ruined by listening to the pod for this first time. FUCK
    You listened to Ballbag and thought Race would sound like Henry Fonda from On Golden Pond?
    Um, how does this not prove I was right about him all along. Everyone in the inland empire has this same sob story. Zzzzzzzzz. Boring.

The outpouring in this thread for Race "Oliver Twist" Bannon is possibly the gayest thing I've ever seen here.
    Try looking in the mirror, cutie ;)