Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Half Brains Episode 70

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'll have to disagree about Browning. I mean, I know at this point i'm all-in on him, but I guess I didn't see "the see the fear in him" that you described.

Kind of the opposite, he's a straight up winner and thought he had pretty great demeanor for a true frosh. The ASU game was bad and he missed more deep than I thought he would, but I bet with 15 more pounds that will change.

Bold prediction saying he won't start all 4 years, but this sophomore season will tell us what is what.

Nice cast, first time listener.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Doogles said:

I The ASU game was bad and he missed more deep than I thought he would, but I bet with 15 more pounds that will change.

@puppylove_sugarsteel

True.

#lidocaineforever?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,632
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Going to listen now after I #finish my #freshbowl, crisp caesar salad, with a turkey (not ham) and swiss, organic non-GMO pesto basil sandwich on sourdough broiche bread. Maybe some Tim's Cascades and snack pack after. Can't listen when chewing food. Too loud.

Will scrutinize every single thing you said after I am finished, assuming I am sober enough to remember what you said. I listened to one and a half of these things years after the fact so I'm interested to hear it in present tense.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I haven't listened yet. I don't listen to any talk radio/podcasts, but I'm going to listen.

Anyways, I'm guessing we go 8-4 this year. And it will be celebrated. Maybe not by Petersen, but 5-4 > 4-5 and we'll get plenty of articles and posts about it being a successful season because of the improvement.

We! totally deserve another #Owen12
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,943
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Browning will be better than Conklin and just as good as Chandler.

This team is better coached. I saw it in the first half of the Boise CC game, especially on d. The play calling is the main issue right now.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,914
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Race, I love your story about hitting rock bottom and letting your life collapse all around you. I am close. Any good pro tips so I can get kicked out of my trailer and live on the street? I am so fucking close to total failure. Help me.

I spent most of my life fearing losing it all. Once it happened it was liberating. I rarely regretted not playing it safe even at the very edge of the abyss. I didn't feel like I left anything behind that I really wanted.
    This bit of story-time-with-Grampa-Race spoke to me too as I went the same the last 18 months. My biggest fear was being the seen as loser you spoke of. After being stubborn as hell in the face of solid advice from well-meaning friends to do something different, I stuck to my guns and am now in a position 90% of people entering my field would kill for the opportunity have.

I never thought liberation would come from the bottom.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Race, I love your story about hitting rock bottom and letting your life collapse all around you. I am close. Any good pro tips so I can get kicked out of my trailer and live on the street? I am so fucking close to total failure. Help me.

I spent most of my life fearing losing it all. Once it happened it was liberating. I rarely regretted not playing it safe even at the very edge of the abyss. I didn't feel like I left anything behind that I really wanted.
    I feel like I can't take your poasts seriously anymore now because I have heard your voice. I always just imagined the actual Race Bannon's voice, and now it was ruined by listening to the pod for this first time. FUCK
    You listened to Ballbag and thought Race would sound like Henry Fonda from On Golden Pond?