Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HFP

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,523
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2016
    jecornel said:

PurpleJ said:

jecornel said:

No one gives a fuck about player interviews. Jude and Capel have that covered, and they're not interesting

No one gives a fuck about talking to the coaches. Nothing enlightening is ever said, it's a bunch of coach speak bullshit.

It's hilarious Road, Little Jimmy and Chest can't see that, and are willing to trade uncensored content for a hand job from our loser athletic department

This.
    I really used to like this podcast, and if they "sold out" just to get interviews with players and coaches, which are almost never interesting and can be found everywhere, I think that is a mistake. I'll still give it a chance and see if the tone and rants remain, but I have doubts after listening to the last few pods.
    What should we be ranting about in the off season?

Caple was actually really good.
    Cancerous FieldTurf for one.
    Fair point...haha
    Maybe you can ask our progressive AD why they were one of the first in the nation to install that crap. Ask them the med center will fund research into the cancer links.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,592
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

It's Chest's show. He puts the mos effort in and has the right to do what he wants with his show.

I feel uneasy about it, but I enjoy podcasting with the fellas. It's an enjoyable hobby for me. The line about no upper campus to cater to made me cringe because that's pretty much what is happening.

This thread did make me think and care. I didn't know the divorce would be so public. I feel like my parents divorced and now nobody wants me.

I'm surprised you're surprised by the reaction.
    It's mostly just people calling a spade a spade you fucking tard.

"No upper campus to cater to...until some intern in the AD acknowledges we exist"
    Ya think slicer? Wow just wow.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2016

It's Chest's show. He puts the mos effort in and has the right to do what he wants with his show.

I feel uneasy about it, but I enjoy podcasting with the fellas. It's an enjoyable hobby for me. The line about no upper campus to cater to made me cringe because that's pretty much what is happening.

This thread did make me think and care. I didn't know the divorce would be so public. I feel like my parents divorced and now nobody wants me.

I consider you a top 5 poster and a friend of mine. You're always welcome to hang out here.
    You guys can hug it out at the tiki. There won't be a dry eye.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

I'm surprised you're surprised by the reaction.
    It's mostly just people calling a spade a spade you fucking tard.

"No upper campus to cater to...until some intern in the AD acknowledges we exist"
    Ya think slicer? Wow just wow.
    You're an idiot, lmao
    OKAY.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I consider you a top 5 poster and a friend of mine. You're always welcome to hang out here.
    and I'm sure he will...under a secret alias... that Jen Cone can't figure out... and when she does... he'll change to another one.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Meek said:

Tequilla said:

Seriously, who gives a shit?

HFP is making a business decision in what they feel are in their best interests going forward. Kudos for them for having the opportunity.

Why so many people have to act butthurt over it makes no sense to me.

Life changes and so do people's priorities. Nut the fuck up and move on.

Look, you're right in that it's a small time production with one guy eating and another guy sleeping and a 3rd guy who sometimes doesn't make it, so yeah, really not a big deal... BUT their whole fucking brand was not cowtowing to upper campus and making honest opinions & assessments (right or wrong) about the football program...next thing you know, they bring in that boring dipshit from the Times and act like he has a clue and then the UW AD is brought in. Doesn't really take an MBA from TCU to figure out that people who sell you something and then switch it to something else will have some resistance from their customers.

What does the future hold? Well, perhaps some of us? won't care and will still listen and others of us will find the lack of objective criticism makes it a boring ass, knob gobbling to upper campus production that doesn't have hot sauce we like. Either way...
    But at the end of the day, it's their podcast to do with it what they want.

As consumers, we have the say in whether we'll listen or not.

This kind of shit happens all the time. That's the part that has me so amused by it all.

If you think they sold out, then don't listen.

If you enjoy their pod, then listen.

Calling them out for trying to do what they think is in the best interest of their show that's pretty dumb IMO.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2016

I dont think @HeretoBeatmyChest really ever actually understood this place or most of its posters

@RoadDawg55 You're one of my favorite posters here, I would meet you behind the 7-11 on aurora for a quick scissor session

But we all know that there is zero chance that the UW athletic department lets you continue to say things like "Fuck the women's bball team. I can't wait for UConn to beat them by 50.", post a profanity laced rant after a fucktard 4th quarter loss, or troll tequila about him fucktardedly defending Smith or Peterson.

They will first put pressure on you to cut it out, if you dont comply they will put pressure on Chest to control you or he will lose his access, either you will be forced to comply under your own will or they will blackmail you with Chest's podcast destruction.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Houhusky said:

Swaye said:

So this is an April Fool's joke right?

If so, they got us good. Fuckers.

It cant possibly be...

They did a full live unannounced podcast with @HeretoBeatmyChest and @jecornel discussing womens basketball and the spring practice and didnt ever post a link here.
    That one I will put in chest. I had no interest in the topic. Though, neighbors is already more successful than romar and should coach both squads.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Meek said:

Tequilla said:

Seriously, who gives a shit?

HFP is making a business decision in what they feel are in their best interests going forward. Kudos for them for having the opportunity.

Why so many people have to act butthurt over it makes no sense to me.

Life changes and so do people's priorities. Nut the fuck up and move on.

Look, you're right in that it's a small time production with one guy eating and another guy sleeping and a 3rd guy who sometimes doesn't make it, so yeah, really not a big deal... BUT their whole fucking brand was not cowtowing to upper campus and making honest opinions & assessments (right or wrong) about the football program...next thing you know, they bring in that boring dipshit from the Times and act like he has a clue and then the UW AD is brought in. Doesn't really take an MBA from TCU to figure out that people who sell you something and then switch it to something else will have some resistance from their customers.

What does the future hold? Well, perhaps some of us? won't care and will still listen and others of us will find the lack of objective criticism makes it a boring ass, knob gobbling to upper campus production that doesn't have hot sauce we like. Either way...
    But at the end of the day, it's their podcast to do with it what they want.

As consumers, we have the say in whether we'll listen or not.

This kind of shit happens all the time. That's the part that has me so amused by it all.

If you think they sold out, then don't listen.

If you enjoy their pod, then listen.

Calling them out for trying to do what they think is in the best interest of their show that's pretty dumb IMO.
    In defense of those calling them out, isn't that kind of how we all got here, because we were the assholes who were willing to call out Kim for what he felt was in the best interest of a website we used to give a shit about?

I don't think what the HFP is doing is equal to what Kim did to DM.c, but this is clearly the audience that's going to speak up if they don't like what you're doing to your product.
    I think most of us got here because of being censored by Kim to toe the company line about what was going on or else. You got here because you saw that Sark wasn't the answer and was calling him out for his fucktardedness. You got here because you realized that Romar couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag and that was at odds with the popular opinion.

Fuck, one of my best friends today sent me a note saying that he's now firmly on the Fire Romar train after he heard/saw some more damning information (i.e. he heard someone else say it besides me). This comes weeks after telling me that I needed to let that die because I was out of my element.

The point that I'm trying to make is that disagreeing with their decision to do what they are doing is what it is. But they are acting in what they think is their best interest. More power to them.

I don't personally think that they've completely sold out. They have had to temper their show to appeal to a larger audience ... which is part of the deal. As they have decided to go after a different direction for the show, they have had to temper their viewpoint. That's just evolving. I don't question that they will continue to call spades spades and if Smith sucks to say that Smith sucks.

It's easy to sit on the outside and say that you are going to do this and that. It's a lot harder when on the inside to do that. Very few people have the power and authority to sit at the table, say and do whatever they want, and not have potential ramifications associated with it.