Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

HFP

Comments

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    H_D said:

It's mostly been said already but I'll weigh in.

All kidding aside, I've been a fan of the HFP for awhile. The production value was shit, but that was part of the charm. Listening to the awkward pauses, food being eaten, dropped calls, shitty audio, and playing "was that a fart in the background?" every episode was well worth it to get the uncensored rants and level headed and honest talk. I may not have agreed with everything being said, but I agreed with most of it and appreciated the honest conversation that you couldn't hear anywhere else.

Looking back, the beginning of the end for me was the Azeem Victor's (other) dad interview. What could have been a honest, unfiltered, uncensored, discussion turned out to be a 99% 81% vanilla interview that could have been done (better) on any mainstream sports talk discussion. I came in expecting some interesting questions and answers not found anywhere else. It didn't exactly deliver. Calling him Mr. Victor repeatedly would have been funny if done ironically but it came across more as more fanboy sucking up than anything. The fact that there was LPT levels of self-adulation afterwards for that worthless screed should have put up a lot of red flags for everyone.

As others have pointed out, and I agree with, the "jump the shark" moment for the HFP was the Chris Landon and Adam Jude episode circle jerk. There was no substance there. What should have been a great opportunity to get in a couple of Cheetos, Mtn. Dew, and Call of Duty jabs while still discussing interesting football turned into something that could have easily been a segment on the "Guys from Dawgman.com" KJR broadcast. Low tweak I know, but that episode left me wanting. The Jimmy Lake interview was more of the same. By that time the dumpster was fully ablaze.

I tried listening to the last cast, despite my better judgement, but was shaking and vomiting after about 30 seconds into the "Lady Dawgs" talk and stupid shit about how maybe Neighbors should coach both the men's and women's teams....tehe! I turned it off.

I'm afraid I can't be #NebraskaClassy like @DerekJohnson because I'm legitimately disappointed I won't be able to listen to Roadie's sometimes hysterical rants after a shitastic loss to an Arizona team and Chest's analysis of Sagren, SRS, or whatever the fuck it is he uses to prove a point. But whatever their reasons for taking their show in this new direction, it's ultimately up to those guys and I wish them well. There is certainly an audience for that kind of show, some people will pay 10.95 a month for that type of thing. It's just not for me.

Thanks for the listen and feedback.

Sorry to lose you as a listener.
  • MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Sad to see the HFP go, but I hope they cannibalize doogman's audience.

Sanitized lipservice to the AD isn't my cup of tea, so best of luck to you. Don't blame you for selling out, it's the American way.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Muttzen said:

Quite frankly Race, I’m very, VERY happy that I don’t know you. I’m quite happy that I don’t lead what appears to be such a pathetic life that is faced with looking for the negativity in every situation. You need to go find something to smile at. Last I checked, it’s springtime. The weather in Seattle seems to be pretty damn good right now – why don’t you go check that out.

You are pretty damn wrong about things. You may think that the amount of time that you keep spewing your views that that you’ve now heard it enough times that you are right. Doesn’t make you right.

You talk about being bought out like that happened out of the blue sky. I’ve never seen you once suggest that the process of the downfall of this podcast began well before the AD arrived.

You want facts? You want truth? Here’s your truth.

Chest came to the UW prior to the GLORIOUS podcast season under Woody. The year before that (2013) Yep, the podcast was heading in the right direction.

The 2015 season under Peterman was another sterling season example that is most remembered for dooging for Peterman’s SRS. That was great. In both 2014 and 2015, we finished the season with a 4-5 conference record. Jimmy Lake and Azeem Victor's dad got serviced. Jood and the Husky Fan crew exchanged gamer tags so they could talk about their Call of Duty loadouts.

These weren’t good podcasts. The trend was heading downhill.

Now keep in mind the following: ALL THIS HAPPENED BEFORE JEN COHEN WAS ANYWHERE NEAR THE UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON HUSKY FAN PODCAST.

Things were not in great shape. I think just about everybody knew that.

A search committee is formed to stifle the HFP. The BOR, upper campus, and the big donor supporters of the school are sick of the egg showing up on their face. They are sick of the country club that Poolboy ran and the shitty way they ran the program – particularly in light of what went on with Sark. Instead of trying to win football games, they wanted someone to help stifle dissent. ENTER JEN COHEN.

Now, this pretty much gets you up to the point where the HFP was bought out.

At this point, Jen Cohen isn’t responsible for the on-air performance of the podcast. There is a protocol in place. It’s not Cohen’s job to oversee the podcast or any other part of the program. That job belongs to Hardcore Husky. It’s the viewers’ job to monitor the job performance of Chest.

So the censorship happens. The Husky Fan Podcast is canned by Derek Johnson (rightfully so). Yes, the podcast went mainstream. But the actions of those charged with overseeing the podcast were correct. Jen hired them in exchange for access. If I’m in Chest’s shoes, I can’t complain.

The following podcast they lose viewers in ways that are unexplainable. Talking about Women’s basketball to start off the show. It was pretty obvious at this point that things weren’t working. Ratings fell – and rightfully so due to some other issues that he had and such a terrible change of topics.

Prior to the decision to hire Chest after 2015, it’s really hard to argue with ANYTHING that Jen Cohen had done with respect to the Husky Fan Podcast.

I will say that dooging about SRS was a disasterous mistake. It should have never happened. You want to throw that on Chest – I’m all for it. I think if you caught Chest in a reflective, truthful moment, he would tell you in hindsight that he shouldn’t have made the move and that it wasn’t worth the carnage of dooging about 4-5.

Throw Chest under the bus for SRS. That’s his responsibility. Selling out? Not so much. By all means, please, please tell me where he has responsibility for selling out other than the fact that he’s now got access. Please tell me what specific actions that he did to undermine the podcast. You aren’t going to find them – they aren’t there.

Your criticism of Chest is ridiculous. Your criticism of Jen Cohen is just downright comical.

Where has Jen Cohen screwed this podcast? She has only been responsible for this program in the winter of 2016 in a full-time role. Are you going to hold her to the fire for being the interim AD for the first half of 2015? How is she responsible for anything from 2004-2007 when she wasn’t even involved with the Athletic Department? Talk about conspiracy theories. This may be one of the greatest conspiracy theories I’ve ever seen.

I don’t like the AD. I don’t like what I’ve seen the last 5 years. It’s made me sick to my stomach many times over. But unlike you, I can at least take a step back and realize that the genesis of this problem began well before Chest became part of the sanctioned Husky Fan Podcast.

If I spent my time being a “mindless Race Bannon minion,” then I’d be convinced that the only logical explanation for our failures have been Chest and Jen Cohen.

Quite frankly, that opinion is one of the most idiotic insanely stupid opinions that I’ve ever seen in my life.

I don’t defend the “wrong targets.” There is blame to be thrown Chest’s way. I readily acknowledge that. But it isn’t his full blame. Jimmy Cornell deserves blame. Road Dawg deserves blame. Derek Johnson deserves some blame. Race deserves some blame. iDawg (?) deserves some blame. F3 deserves some blame. Sark deserves some blame. Of the names I’ve listed, only 3 of those names have any timeline that extends into any portion of Chest’s tenure. That’s less than half of those names.

Quite frankly Race, you are a world class donkey. When I hear people bitch and moan about the people in the State of Washington – you are a crystal example of why people bitch about the State of Washington. When I hear people that bitch about the fans of the University of Washington and what their complaints are, you represent what those complaints are.

In my opinion, you are not good for the University of Washington. You aren’t helping the program. You aren’t helping the University. You are entirely self-serving and a pompous, egotistical jerk.

You are barking up the wrong tree if you are going after me. I’m not naive enough to shove my head so far up my arse to ignore what I am seeing. I don’t think that there is anybody that knows me that would say that I wouldn’t call a spade a spade.

All that paying for and listening to podcasts longer than I’ve been alive has done for you is given you a perceived ability to go be a bitter old man. Congrats on that.

Thanks for showing those of us in a younger generation how not to act in 20-30 years when we are in your shoes.

Oh, Snap!
  • section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    I thought uncle race lived in Cali...

I thought great uncle race lived in Cali...

• doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Muttzen said:

Quite frankly Race, I’m very, VERY happy that I don’t know you. I’m quite happy that I don’t lead what appears to be such a pathetic life that is faced with looking for the negativity in every situation. You need to go find something to smile at. Last I checked, it’s springtime. The weather in Seattle seems to be pretty damn good right now – why don’t you go check that out.

You are pretty damn wrong about things. You may think that the amount of time that you keep spewing your views that that you’ve now heard it enough times that you are right. Doesn’t make you right.

You talk about being bought out like that happened out of the blue sky. I’ve never seen you once suggest that the process of the downfall of this podcast began well before the AD arrived.

Chest came to the UW prior to the GLORIOUS podcast season under Woody. The year before that (2013) Yep, the podcast was heading in the right direction.

The 2015 season under Peterman was another sterling season example that is most remembered for dooging for Peterman’s SRS. That was great. In both 2014 and 2015, we finished the season with a 4-5 conference record. Jimmy Lake and Azeem Victor's dad got serviced. Jood and the Husky Fan crew exchanged gamer tags so they could talk about their Call of Duty loadouts.

Now keep in mind the following: ALL THIS HAPPENED BEFORE JEN COHEN WAS ANYWHERE NEAR THE UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON HUSKY FAN PODCAST.

A search committee is formed to stifle the HFP. The BOR, upper campus, and the big donor supporters of the school are sick of the egg showing up on their face. They are sick of the country club that Poolboy ran and the shitty way they ran the program – particularly in light of what went on with Sark. Instead of trying to win football games, they wanted someone to help stifle dissent. ENTER JEN COHEN.

At this point, Jen Cohen isn’t responsible for the on-air performance of the podcast. There is a protocol in place. It’s not Cohen’s job to oversee the podcast or any other part of the program. That job belongs to Hardcore Husky. It’s the viewers’ job to monitor the job performance of Chest.

So the censorship happens. The Husky Fan Podcast is canned by Derek Johnson (rightfully so). Yes, the podcast went mainstream. But the actions of those charged with overseeing the podcast were correct. Jen hired them in exchange for access. If I’m in Chest’s shoes, I can’t complain.

The following podcast they lose viewers in ways that are unexplainable. Talking about Women’s basketball to start off the show. It was pretty obvious at this point that things weren’t working. Ratings fell – and rightfully so due to some other issues that he had and such a terrible change of topics.

Prior to the decision to hire Chest after 2015, it’s really hard to argue with ANYTHING that Jen Cohen had done with respect to the Husky Fan Podcast.

I will say that dooging about SRS was a disasterous mistake. It should have never happened. You want to throw that on Chest – I’m all for it. I think if you caught Chest in a reflective, truthful moment, he would tell you in hindsight that he shouldn’t have made the move and that it wasn’t worth the carnage of dooging about 4-5.

Throw Chest under the bus for SRS. That’s his responsibility. Selling out? Not so much. By all means, please, please tell me where he has responsibility for selling out other than the fact that he’s now got access. Please tell me what specific actions that he did to undermine the podcast. You aren’t going to find them – they aren’t there.

Your criticism of Chest is ridiculous. Your criticism of Jen Cohen is just downright comical.

Where has Jen Cohen screwed this podcast? She has only been responsible for this program in the winter of 2016 in a full-time role. Are you going to hold her to the fire for being the interim AD for the first half of 2015? How is she responsible for anything from 2004-2007 when she wasn’t even involved with the Athletic Department? Talk about conspiracy theories. This may be one of the greatest conspiracy theories I’ve ever seen.

I don’t like the AD. I don’t like what I’ve seen the last 5 years. It’s made me sick to my stomach many times over. But unlike you, I can at least take a step back and realize that the genesis of this problem began well before Chest became part of the sanctioned Husky Fan Podcast.

If I spent my time being a “mindless Race Bannon minion,” then I’d be convinced that the only logical explanation for our failures have been Chest and Jen Cohen.

Quite frankly, that opinion is one of the most idiotic insanely stupid opinions that I’ve ever seen in my life.

I don’t defend the “wrong targets.” There is blame to be thrown Chest’s way. I readily acknowledge that. But it isn’t his full blame. Jimmy Cornell deserves blame. Road Dawg deserves blame. Derek Johnson deserves some blame. Race deserves some blame. iDawg (?) deserves some blame. F3 deserves some blame. Sark deserves some blame. Of the names I’ve listed, only 3 of those names have any timeline that extends into any portion of Chest’s tenure. That’s less than half of those names.

Quite frankly Race, you are a world class donkey. When I hear people bitch and moan about the people in the State of Washington – you are a crystal example of why people bitch about the State of Washington. When I hear people that bitch about the fans of the University of Washington and what their complaints are, you represent what those complaints are.

In my opinion, you are not good for the University of Washington. You aren’t helping the program. You aren’t helping the University. You are entirely self-serving and a pompous, egotistical jerk.

You are barking up the wrong tree if you are going after me. I’m not naive enough to shove my head so far up my arse to ignore what I am seeing. I don’t think that there is anybody that knows me that would say that I wouldn’t call a spade a spade.

All that paying for and listening to podcasts longer than I’ve been alive has done for you is given you a perceived ability to go be a bitter old man. Congrats on that.

Thanks for showing those of us in a younger generation how not to act in 20-30 years when we are in your shoes.

Oh, Snap!
    Whoosh. Please pm Irishdawg for details, Im hearing that he has this place dialed in.

Muttzen said:

Oh, Snap!
    Whoosh. Please pm Irishdawg for details, Im hearing that he has this place dialed in.
    Still at it, huh? Keep tryin.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Muttzen said:

Oh, Snap!
    Still at it, huh? Keep tryin.
    You're having a TUFF day today, huh?
    You're a gift, Tommy. An absolute gift. And you'll never understand why.

I'm tempted to let you in on the joke, but you're biting harder than ever tonight.

Carry on.

I'm tempted to let you in on the joke, but you're biting harder than ever tonight.

Carry on.
    Pressing way, way too hard, Tommy.

I'll give you the last word. You don't even have to fight for it. Knock yourself out, kid.

Carry on.
    Pressing way, way too hard, Tommy.

I'll give you the last word. You don't even have to fight for it. Knock yourself out, kid.
    You don't get to say pressing. That's OUR word.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Since we went to TinyRadio our audience has doubled, and that is outside football season.

This website helped launch our podcast which is why I offered to help Derek anyway I can, including among other things giving him free advice for how to build this site, make some money and it would help him with something else he's trying to do but has 0 chance of doing with this site as is (which I won't mention).

Its fine to say Jen Cohen would be a poor hire and a bad AD. But you cant say the things that have been said here. You cant call players fags. you blame them for not wanting their players and coaches associated with it?

I realize we have come full circle, starting with making fun of Kim about access to hoping to get access but that is a different situation. The AD is different now as the head coach doesn't give a crap about controlling message board content. Kim stifled dissent bc thats what Sark wanted. The football office has heard our podcast several times and liked it. So this has nothing to do with censorship of our content.

I'm looking forward to interviewing players and coaches and hope folks will continue to listen.

Save your advice pudbeater. Nobody gives a cunthair about your pudcast. Now toss off and LEAVE
    Franny. Meds. Dialed. In.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

My guess is this thread has already ended any opportunity to get back in good graces to move forward with uw.

You guys are still my heroes!

Good bitch, get fucked.
    Yo buddy, bad day? Cheer up. Enjoy the sunny weather.
    Fucking Christ, I didn't know gladly getting your shit pushed in by the UW athletic department's 3" of thunder makes you act like fucking Griswold.

Surprised your surprised
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Whoever was chastising people for getting butt hurt about it...I think you're missing the point. IMO the negative reaction to the subject matter has nothing to do with being bitter whatsoever. I really don't care. Seriously, start talking about Magic Cards and Warcraft for 2 hours and I'd say more power to ya!

But there's a Fetters-sized difference between toning down some "F" bombs and being a fucking phony/acting like you're some renegade podcast and pull a Grinolds at the first opportunity. And at least Griswold actually makes money. Subscriptions ARE at an all-time high, you know?

And I agree I noticed a turn around Victor's dad but just thought they might be being respectful to a player's dad. No big deal.

Then the very next week they start a big thread asking for questions to ask Jewd...now I don't know if that was a passive-aggressive way to call attention that the one and only Adam Jew'd would be on or what. But it certainly wasn't meant to genuinely ask for ideas. Or maybe they would have actually fucking used one. It was genuinely embarrassing listening to the "no agendas" "no upper campus to coattail to" and "uncensored" podcast treat the lazy, link-copying and I'll call it a day, Adam goddamn Jude like he's fucking Dan Patrick or Jim Rome or some shit. After that I knew it would be impossible to take anything seriously again. Which is a shame...

'cuz we're talking 'bout 'access', man. 'Access.'

I would say the general consensus on the board of the podcast is that it is poor quality, low budget, directionless and two of the voices are mouth drooling idiots.

Might be better that we won't be dragging down Derek's brand anymore.

Lastly, no one is forced to listen to the mountain sized pile of shit pod that seems to be the bulk of the 10 pages of comments and no one seems to listen to allegedly.

I doubt anyone here will sleep if we happen to do a pod on a island internet radio station and have a coach on occasionally.