Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HFP

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    here's my take. I enjoyed listening to a 3 man conversation that was in the same frustrated yet interested football tone that i have.

adding in Jude didn't add anything for me whatsoever. in fact, since bob left i've actually deleted the Times' bookmark from my browser...that's how little i care about the Times.

i get the respect required to invite a player's dad, but not sure it allows us? to be as honest as we'd like to be.

however, getting the most incompetent and fucktarded athletic department in the entire country to be part of it? fuck you fuck me fuck everyone. this group of donkeys has fucked up the football program, fucked up the basketball program, fired the fucking one coach who was making national noise (can't remember what obscure sport i never watch that it was in...but i noticed!)... and the fucking uniforms, helmets, marketing - the overall brand is a fucking clownshow.... the athletic department IS the problem.... in my sweatpants wearing mind... of course I've only been obsessively following the Huskies football program since the early-80s, so what the fuck do I know about tradition, success, discipline and respect.

Ultimately, I agree they can go whatever direction they think makes them money or fame (insert why not have both gif), but anything to do with the current AD situation is a turn off for me.

anyway, good luck boys.

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,556
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

Whoever was chastising people for getting butt hurt about it...I think you're missing the point. IMO the negative reaction to the subject matter has nothing to do with being bitter whatsoever. I really don't care. Seriously, start talking about Magic Cards and Warcraft for 2 hours and I'd say more power to ya!

But there's a Fetters-sized difference between toning down some "F" bombs and being a fucking phony/acting like you're some renegade podcast and pull a Grinolds at the first opportunity. And at least Griswold actually makes money. Subscriptions ARE at an all-time high, you know?

And I agree I noticed a turn around Victor's dad but just thought they might be being respectful to a player's dad. No big deal.

Then the very next week they start a big thread asking for questions to ask Jewd...now I don't know if that was a passive-aggressive way to call attention that the one and only Adam Jew'd would be on or what. But it certainly wasn't meant to genuinely ask for ideas. Or maybe they would have actually fucking used one. It was genuinely embarrassing listening to the "no agendas" "no upper campus to coattail to" and "uncensored" podcast treat the lazy, link-copying and I'll call it a day, Adam goddamn Jude like he's fucking Dan Patrick or Jim Rome or some shit. After that I knew it would be impossible to take anything seriously again. Which is a shame...

'cuz we're talking 'bout 'access', man. 'Access.'

I would say the general consensus on the board of the podcast is that it is poor quality, low budget, directionless and two of the voices are mouth drooling idiots.

Might be better that we won't be dragging down Derek's brand anymore.

Lastly, no one is forced to listen to the mountain sized pile of shit pod that seems to be the bulk of the 10 pages of comments and no one seems to listen to allegedly.

I doubt anyone here will sleep if we happen to do a pod on a island internet radio station and have a coach on occasionally.

Sounds like you care?
    I enjoy doing the pod and talking dawgs. Hoping Peterson moves the team forward so the narrative changes.

I do care. The more discussion we can have about husky football the better.

If you don't like the pod there are other options and good options at that.

Slicer, you are a good poster. No need to try and prove it anymore.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,794
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

Whoever was chastising people for getting butt hurt about it...I think you're missing the point. IMO the negative reaction to the subject matter has nothing to do with being bitter whatsoever. I really don't care. Seriously, start talking about Magic Cards and Warcraft for 2 hours and I'd say more power to ya!

But there's a Fetters-sized difference between toning down some "F" bombs and being a fucking phony/acting like you're some renegade podcast and pull a Grinolds at the first opportunity. And at least Griswold actually makes money. Subscriptions ARE at an all-time high, you know?

And I agree I noticed a turn around Victor's dad but just thought they might be being respectful to a player's dad. No big deal.

Then the very next week they start a big thread asking for questions to ask Jewd...now I don't know if that was a passive-aggressive way to call attention that the one and only Adam Jew'd would be on or what. But it certainly wasn't meant to genuinely ask for ideas. Or maybe they would have actually fucking used one. It was genuinely embarrassing listening to the "no agendas" "no upper campus to coattail to" and "uncensored" podcast treat the lazy, link-copying and I'll call it a day, Adam goddamn Jude like he's fucking Dan Patrick or Jim Rome or some shit. After that I knew it would be impossible to take anything seriously again. Which is a shame...

'cuz we're talking 'bout 'access', man. 'Access.'

I would say the general consensus on the board of the podcast is that it is poor quality, low budget, directionless and two of the voices are mouth drooling idiots.

Might be better that we won't be dragging down Derek's brand anymore.

Lastly, no one is forced to listen to the mountain sized pile of shit pod that seems to be the bulk of the 10 pages of comments and no one seems to listen to allegedly.

I doubt anyone here will sleep if we happen to do a pod on a island internet radio station and have a coach on occasionally.

I liked your pod because it was just three average guys about my age (I think Roaddawg is about 10 years younger but you're closer...not sure about Chest) who just let if fly about Husky football like they were in a bar or at a tail gate. The production quality wasn't great but everyone knows it's not KJR or some big market station so nobody expected that.

You guys made a point about emphasizing that you're an independent voice of Husky athletics but obviously the corporatized athletic department PR machine has gotten to you. I believe there are ways to get player and even coach interviews by bypassing their bullshit. Correct me if I'm wrong but you have done it in the past, no?

Obviously you can't have guests on and start talking about Jen Cohen's chest or call the players fags at the same time. I think 99% of people understand that. That doesn't mean you should turn in to Kim.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

I met James and Chest at the Tiki. They're good dudes. Good Huskies. I guess it just hurts because that podcast is what got me super into this godforsaken place. Chest would go on these hilarious spaz rants and talk mad shit about the fucktarded AD, doogs, Dawgman, and the like. He'd be all over the place and it was glorious. I was so happy that there existed people with the same opinions on the AD as I had (I thought it insane how years and years of dreck would not only be barred from criticism, but dawgman and uwdp doogs would savagely attack anyone who dare question the horrific decision making and dream of returning to greatness), I quickly became a huge fan and made a point of always replying to the HFP threads, giving feedback, and calling in a few times.

That podcast with Jude killed me a little bit. Boring. Sycophantic. Uninspired. Same minutiae we get anywhere else. I was in denial but that really was when the show died

RIP. Quite a ride. I doubt I'll be listening.

p.s. boobs pls come back d00d you are needed in the worst way

If I knew anything about Game of Thrones I'd insert some witty reference here in honor of Gladstone's heroism. But since I don't, I'll just settle for BUMP.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

This entire thread makes me one of many (not just two) proud dads of this website.

Good luck to the HFP.

But this site won't be selling out as long as I have anything to do with it. I love my freedom.

The AD can go pound sand until they figure it out. Fuck. 20+ years of unbelievably horrible management and they think they have the stones to call this site out. Fuck them.

We'll be there to jerk them off if they ever do figure it out. But until then, they can sit and spin on their fucktardery.

I wish I could give a double chin Mr Schaeffer
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

And one more thing....

I'm not selling out to an AD who literally just jerked themselves off last fall for a stadium sustainability award.

A STADIUM SUSTAINABILITY AWARD!!

I mean, for Christ sakes!

Fuck me for this but I remember them presenting that award at the Oregon game. I turned to my wife and said what the fuck is a sustainability award?
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Charles Darwin told me winning is the only sustainability award that counts
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,502
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

You got sandy vaginitis when he was reluctant to give you FREE PUB!

I had forgotten about this...yryk
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Who in their right mind thinks that podcast is worth a shit. It's embarrassing. Derek was doing you idiots a favor. You got sandy vaginitis when he was reluctant to give you FREE PUB! in the early days. I listened 1.5 times. It's an amateur hack job that no one gives a fuck about. Get over your dumb assets.

I miss you like the desert misses the rain.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

This entire thread makes me one of many (not just two) proud dads of this website.

Good luck to the HFP.

But this site won't be selling out as long as I have anything to do with it. I love my freedom.

The AD can go pound sand until they figure it out. Fuck. 20+ years of unbelievably horrible management and they think they have the stones to call this site out. Fuck them.

We'll be there to jerk them off if they ever do figure it out. But until then, they can sit and spin on their fucktardery.

This.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

I'll go on record as saying I quite liked the podcast. Almost all of them. I have listened to 80-90 percent of them. Which is why the last few pained me, and this recent dive into the ADs butthairs bothers me. You guys were doing a good job, and the quality was going up....and it was fun and funny....and then, all of the sudden, you got caught up in getting "names" on the pod. Which is cool. I was pretty stoked when you got Lake on. But then when listening to it I realized you had toned down everything I enjoyed about the pod because you needed to be respectful to a coach. DJ, Monan and Co have the more respectful pod. I listen to your to hear fart noises, Jimmy whining about sleep, Chest eating, and Road going batshit crazy about the latest way we have fucked up the Huskieieieies.

Anyway, my two coppers is that what separated you was your realism, not your coach interviews. As others have said, if I want interviews I can listen to Softy, which I don't, so that tells you where interviews rate for me.

If you guys are trying to break into radio someday then more power to you. I get it. I won't listen, but I get it. Anyway, I have spent too much time on this so these are my last comments. Good luck no matter which way you go. But if it is "professional" and AD butt sniffing, I won't be listening.

THIS. Interviews are the worst part of any sports broadcast. You say nothing you get nothing in return and the listener suffers until you can opine.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,449
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Good luck to the HFP.

You and @creepycoug are the same to me. Both of you don't post often, but when you do, it's pure fucking gold. I hope you get rim'd by Asa Akira this weekend, you cunt. Woof
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2016
    Swaye said:

I'll go on record as saying I quite liked the podcast. Almost all of them. I have listened to 80-90 percent of them. Which is why the last few pained me, and this recent dive into the ADs butthairs bothers me. You guys were doing a good job, and the quality was going up....and it was fun and funny....and then, all of the sudden, you got caught up in getting "names" on the pod. Which is cool. I was pretty stoked when you got Lake on. But then when listening to it I realized you had toned down everything I enjoyed about the pod because you needed to be respectful to a coach. DJ, Monan and Co have the more respectful pod. I listen to your to hear fart noises, Jimmy whining about sleep, Chest eating, and Road going batshit crazy about the latest way we have fucked up the Huskieieieies.

Anyway, my two coppers is that what separated you was your realism, not your coach interviews. As others have said, if I want interviews I can listen to Softy, which I don't, so that tells you where interviews rate for me.

If you guys are trying to break into radio someday then more power to you. I get it. I won't listen, but I get it. Anyway, I have spent too much time on this so these are my last comments. Good luck no matter which way you go. But if it is "professional" and AD butt sniffing, I won't be listening.

"Break into radio"? Thas like puppy breaking into a seat on "college football live" opposite Trevor Matich (the very best in the biz). What the hell is with this delusional HFP pipe dreams? As I said, the HFP crew will be climbing over the HH gate in the middle of the night lookin for love. Prolly all with different handles to save face.

I like Road55, I wish him the best. Just saying!
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Who in their right mind thinks that podcast is worth a shit. It's embarrassing. Derek was doing you idiots a favor. You got sandy vaginitis when he was reluctant to give you FREE PUB! in the early days. I listened 1.5 times. It's an amateur hack job that no one gives a fuck about. Get over your dumb assets.

Who in their right mind thinks anything your sandy vag has to say is worth a shit? You havent been around long enough to have an opinion either way Lezzie. Take a number, sit your cunt in the back and speak when spoken to bitch.