Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Copy and paste hilarious doog pro-Romar comments here

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,805
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Romar should have been raped by an old indian spirit from underneath Reser after this game. I fucking hate UW
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,821
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Dick Fain ... Aurora Bridge ...
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,007
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I'll see what else I can dig up since I have little life (recently upgraded from no life). UW and (Kimmy) have banned me from various social media so it might be a challenge. True story...
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    haie said:

Romar should have been raped by an old indian spirit from underneath Reser after this game. I fucking hate UW

Let's leave swaye's great great grandpa out of this
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,821
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    shit happens ... make a play ... any play ... any of about 10 plays ... and you win the game.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,757
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2016
    Gladstone said:

Tequilla said:

@Gladstone

Because I know you're a hoops junkie ... can you explain to me how I KNEW that we were going to lose the game when Romar intentionally fouled? And can you also explain to me how I KNEW that he was going to foul after taking that timeout with 7-8 seconds left?

because loser's lose (@racebannon)

people will guffaw and talk about recruits and young players (!) and a host of other minutiae that serves only to distract from glaring W-L stats

you can call a cat a fish but it won't swim<</b>/blockquote>

People forget that Cats actually swim very well, they just hate water for the most part.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,757
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    You guys are just lucky that Romar fucktards there at all.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Romar is sending a message to his young team. He has made it very clear to the team this tournament is "serious business." I am sure he is telling them, let’s do this for Andrew. Keeping the starters in just strengthens this message.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I for one tuned into the game against the Cardinal (preview to today's game) from last year and barely recognized UW. That team that skated away from an 11-0 non conference ended up in the tournament limping without Upshaw. They could hardly put the ball on the floor without turning it over. And they were all guards!

It's amazing with the turnaround of the program you still has folks showing up here to ask for Romar's job.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Stanford blindsided by brilliant coaching - smart and stifling defense with great switching and sophisticated ball movement on offense to dismantle Stanford's zone. Hats off to Romar!
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

JDawg22
    1 hour ago

WSU is a mess. Every other team in the conference is pretty darn good this year. UW just happens to be the youngest and most inexperienced. By far.

Romar should be Coach of the Year. Well, he and Dana Altman.

In terms of unmet expectations, Sean Miller (4 senior starters), Steve Alford (4 returning starters and huge talent) and Cuonzo Martin (also great talent) ought to be fired.

Romar? He's done a damn good job with an extraordinarily young and inexperienced team.

I agree however the problem with Romar is that the kids who come in and play for Romar either don't improve or don't improve enough to win when it matters. People will say "well he had mostly freshmen this year" and while true that has not always been the case and those teams did not make the improvements needed. Also there are plenty of NCAA tourney teams playing true freshmen. Romar's recruiting has held the wolves at bay to this point but somewhere along the line you gotta call a band-aid a band-aid. Romar is not the guy to make Washington a consistent Pac 12 BB power and annual tournament player. Imagine if Mark Few had the talent that Romar has had at his disposal over the years and I bet he would have multiple final 4 appearances.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Did you really expect the Dawgs to be a tournament team this year? And never mind that the second half of the conference schedule was more difficult. Also, please ignore that this team never gave up in their games as well. That they fell short of the tournament when most never expected them to be in the conversation shows exactly what?

I know that I have been impressed with how well this team has played, and feel that the future is bright. Assuming both Murray and Chriss come back, they should compete for the PAC-12 title next year. If they both go, this team should still be in the top 4 of the PAC-12.

Benno
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People forget that it took John Wooden 17 years to win at UCLA. Give Romar more time. Black John Wooden.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    You are saying that a lot of talent goes to the University of Washington. Thanks for the compliment. That was not the case before Romar. If you know your UW basketball history you already know this. And if you don’t, learn. Romar is not attracting the talent that Duke and Kentucky or even Ohio State or UCLA or even .. well I could go on and on. I think your criticism of Romar has merit. I think the opposing view has merit. Personally, when I see a ridiculously young team—and I mean young by almost historical proportions—play hard and well against a likely #1 seed in the tourney and #1 team in the Pac I want to see more from Romar. It’s hard that that team happens to be Oregon. I admit. But I’ll take my chances against that day-glo All-American Juco factory next year, thank your very much. Recruiting incredible talent like Murray and Chriss is not a problem. If they go lottery they leave. Middle to late first round? Maybe maybe not. That’s a really tough decision for them. And if they leave there is all that other young talent like Dime, Thybulle, Crisp (I’ll admit to not being a huge fan of this one dimensional gunner), Green, Dickerson to compliment the supposed even bigger stud, Markelle Fultz, arriving in the Fall plus the two talented bigs who have been waiting in the wings. An NIT next year? I’d say Romar will have hung himself at that point. I don’t see it happening.

by Memo From Turner
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @Gladstone i had to check doogpound to see the excuses and am amazed how bad it is.

How do they honestly believe what they are saying. I'm so fucking pissed.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    UWdoogpound officially has FBA
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

@Gladstone i had to check doogpound to see the excuses and am amazed how bad it is.

How do they honestly believe what they are saying. I'm so fucking pissed.

It reads like a bunch of us here got really drunk and tried to troll everyone. That's how nonsensical it is. I just shake my head at these people.