Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Copy and paste hilarious doog pro-Romar comments here

Comments

• Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

Lorenzo Romar is a coach the University should keep. He is everything you want in a coach. Unfortunately for Lorenzo and the basketball program injuries are a big problem, top recruits head off to the NBA early and succeed. His top coaches all get plucked away and sign with other schools. From what I have seen Coach Romar has had to fight through a lot adversity, lost talent, coaching changes. The UW would do best by keeping Coach Romar.

It's almost as if people don't understand how google works.

The nba draft, nor players intent is a real mystery. Injuries have not been a major problem for UW, well ever. Fultz would be playing if they were UCLA.

He has had almost the same coaching staff for years. His two big losses(bone/Cam) are not good. TJ left after one year. He was told to fire his staff 5 or 6 years ago and brought in chil, jackson, etc. Good assistants come from winning teams, not teams who can't make a 68 team tourney.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:
    Larry Stone. Flaming faggot limp wristed Seattle sportswriter.

Clearly transitioning to female with the lack of balls.

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    ▼Ugh, I'm tired of repeating myself endlessly.
    I’ve laid out repeatedly why we absolutely can’t do it this year, and no one has a presented a decent argument for doing it now, because there isn’t one. Not that’s based on logic, foreward thinking and the best interests of the program.

Yes, Romar deserves to be fired. I don’t care about Romar, I care about UW basketball, and we absolutely, positively need him for one more year.

Answer me this. What comes out better if we fire Romar now, instead of in a year?

Next year? Much worse.

The year after? Much, MUCH worse.

Talent in the program? Much worse.

Money situation? Again, much worse, which means…

Next coach? Almost certainly worse.

Long-term outlook? Night and day worse. The difference between the next level up and the next level down.

Yes, if this was football, you would fire him. Football and basketball are not the same thing.

Posted by Ddiddy on Mar 8, 2017 | 4:51 PM
  • Options
    Founders Club
    That post was actually +recd on the doogpound. Why do we have the stupidest fans in the country?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    HAHAHAHAHA

If there are a couple better options that look like a truly viable long-term candidates to the AD, move on. If there aren’t, then don’t. Change for the sake of change is expensive as hell. We don’t have any money. We actually have negative 14 million dollars. If the next couple years aren’t going to go well, let’s not bankrupt the athletic department in addition to the product on the court.

Some people want to hire Brandon Roy. A coach with one year of HS basketball coaching experience with the best player in the country. To take over a division 1 program and "save it". Brandon Roy. Holy shit.

Who’s coming here? What "big name" or "top notch" coach is coming to Washington for less money than he’d make at a more established basketball school with better facilities, a better recruiting situation, and more donor support? Bobby Knight is available I heard.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Go down the low IQ militant Pollyanna checklist on that one.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,178
    Gladstone said:

HAHAHAHAHA

If there are a couple better options that look like a truly viable long-term candidates to the AD, move on. If there aren’t, then don’t. Change for the sake of change is expensive as hell. We don’t have any money. We actually have negative 14 million dollars. If the next couple years aren’t going to go well, let’s not bankrupt the athletic department in addition to the product on the court.

Some people want to hire Brandon Roy. A coach with one year of HS basketball coaching experience with the best player in the country. To take over a division 1 program and "save it". Brandon Roy. Holy shit.

Who’s coming here? What "big name" or "top notch" coach is coming to Washington for less money than he’d make at a more established basketball school with better facilities, a better recruiting situation, and more donor support? Bobby Knight is available I heard.

You need to turn your sarcasm meter up higher.

• Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,201
    Gladstone said:

▼Ugh, I'm tired of repeating myself endlessly.
    I’ve laid out repeatedly why we absolutely can’t do it this year, and no one has a presented a decent argument for doing it now, because there isn’t one. Not that’s based on logic, foreward thinking and the best interests of the program.

Yes, Romar deserves to be fired. I don’t care about Romar, I care about UW basketball, and we absolutely, positively need him for one more year.

Answer me this. What comes out better if we fire Romar now, instead of in a year?

Next year? Much worse.

The year after? Much, MUCH worse.

Talent in the program? Much worse.

Money situation? Again, much worse, which means…

Next coach? Almost certainly worse.

Long-term outlook? Night and day worse. The difference between the next level up and the next level down.

Yes, if this was football, you would fire him. Football and basketball are not the same thing.

Posted by Ddiddy on Mar 8, 2017 | 4:51 PM

Again, Doog Echo Chamber and Confirmation Bias. That person has no conception of the budget, how much money the AD has, to which funds the AD has access or what the opinion of Porter/Porter Sr is if they get the RIGHT new coach if Romar sticks around in some capacity within the AD.

Morons keep repeating the generic reasons to keep him and eventually they think there's no way around them.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

I don't understand why people would get so defensive over a bad coach.

Romar is black.

HTH
    Mar 2017 SJW Boobs would have never acknowleged that.

I miss Boobs.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    salemcoog said:

I don't understand why people would get so defensive over a bad coach.

Romar is black.

HTH
    Mar 2017 SJW Boobs would have never acknowleged that.

I miss Boobs.
    Romar is still black.

HTH
  • Options
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Founders Club
    *clears throat*
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Rambo DAWG
    16 minutes ago

Dawgs likely to lose the other recruits as well and maybe some of the holdovers. We'll be starting from zero.

-----

^ starting from zero when we're 9-25 lmao
  • Options
    Founders Club
    MrMyke
    52 minutes ago

I didn't dream the AD would dump all those recruits like this.

Sure, Romar was done. But it made sense to me to do with him like he did with players so often lately: One and done. Give him one more...and THEN done.

I was looking forward to watching the team next year. Now, not so much. Thybulle, Crisp and Dickerson won't sell tickets. And no one ever buys tickets to see a new coach.

Get ready for a lotta space in Hec Ed for, oh, about 3-4 years.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Gladstone said:

JHDawg
    53 minutes ago

I don't understand this decision. Sure this season was a total failure by any measure BUT what is gained firing Romar at this point? We will lose the #2 recruiting class in the country and any chance at being relevant next year. Why wouldn't Cohen allow him to coach through next season and then make a decision on the direction of the program? All this decision does is leave UW without a coach, the best recruiting class in school history and now starting over in a total rebuild.

________

How do these people function in real life? What kind of jobs do they have?

They flip burgers
  • Options
    Founders Club
    glenn hoopman
    46 minutes ago

I certainly hope the BEST for Mr. Romar because most people thought he was a GREAT coach! I hope it wasn't a White man who fired him because there might be some protests over it. Doesn't take much these days to upset people around, "Freeattle!!!"
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Why on earth wouldn't you fire him next year!?!

Everyone knows the program’s been underperforming. Fire him when it’s smart to fire him, not when he deserves it. That’s idiotic.

Sure, you don’t fire him if he makes the Final Four next year, but you don’t keep him just cause he makes the Tournament next year. Any coach in D1 could have made the Dance with what we would have had!

You do what’s right for your program, not what people expect you to do. Again, unless she has a strong plan and the money to implement it, and it goes into motion right now, this is a monumentally stupid decision.

Although it is possible that Romar didn’t give her a choice. But I doubt that.
    Posted by Ddiddy on Mar 15, 2017 | 4:14 PM