Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Copy and paste hilarious doog pro-Romar comments here

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Heard that the players think this coaching staff is way way way better.

The Summer workouts have never been better. Just a real buy-in vibe goin on with the program now.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

This is why I need to see Hop in action before I get too excited ... with these kinds of comments the bar is set really low

If there is a positive it would be that the buy in is taking place fairly quickly
    No you dumbass they prefer coach Hop over Romar said the development is way way better. They actually workout too now lol.
    Meh. This is just classic confirmation bias. It's telling because we want it to be telling. But these exact comments are made by players every single time there's a regime change. Sometimes they're telling, sometimes they're not. Time will tell.

Either way it will be chinteresting.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    salemcoog said:

The Summer workouts have never been better. Just a real buy-in vibe goin on with the program now.
    Keep working the phones.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    What I can't handle is this Romar stuff
    popping up on EVERY SINGLE basketball thread.

Just venting a bit here, these comments aren’t directed at anybody in particular :blush:

It was a "fun" discussion when he was let go. What happened? Why did he fail? Was he really a terrible coach? Timing? Blah blah blah. Whatever we fans say, think or know ("it’s OBVIOUS to me idiot" seems to get thrown around a lot by people with very little understanding of the game of basketball) about Lorenzo Romar, his early teams are the only reason 50% of Husky fans give two shits about Washington Men’s basketball (and the other 50% is because of the mid-2000’s football we were oh so blessed to witness).

And at this point, who cares? The man is gone. The deed is done. We won’t have to witness his short comings anymore. Hooray. Drinks all around for those who like defense. I’ll have two, ’cause defense is the best… fence. I thought the Porter hiring was pretty gross. I thought he kind of lost his magic when he lost Dollar and Bone. He tried to take UW to the top of the basketball world with the Aaron Gordon class… and fell on his face.

But making a running joke out of the most successful basketball coach the university had since, oh, the 1950’s is getting old quickly. Whether you like it or not, he’s the best we had. And he ran a remarkably clean program, at least by college basketball standards. And when he was rolling, everybody wanted him. And he wouldn’t even talk to them. He was the proverbial good soldier, and his teams were damn fun (and a little maddening) for a decade or so.

So, ya know, I get it, a lot of you didn’t like him. A lot of the "old white guys" I know (aka Tony Bennett ball is just the best to watch… ugg) hated him for a loonnngg time.

So let’s move on then? The record is way broken at this point.

And maybe stop kicking him when he’s down? He was Husky, ran a clean program, was successful for quite a while, and was a genuinely good person. If there is one person in the university’s athletic department who should have earned your respect over the last couple decades, it’s Lorenzo Romar. He deserved to be fired, but he also deserves better fans than most of us seem to be, myself included.

Vent closed :wink:

I enjoy these articles talking about the new staff. The new strategies. The new commits. Hop seems like the real deal. Thanks for putting these together Max, keep the Hop news coming.

Posted by patently purple