Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Fan Podcast: A Major Debate then 2 minutes on Arizona

RoadDawg and Little Jimmy Cornell answer strong questions and point blank say Pete will never win, even a division championship while at UW. Chest (I like to call myself that) breaks ranks and argues the other side. It gets heated but not personal.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/huskyfanpodcast/Oct28.2015PodcastArgumentpostStanford.mp3

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Listened for the first time. Chest, brother, take a vally.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Great rant by chest. The offense sucks balls though. They still have yet to put up three offensive touchdowns in a conference game. Oregon and cal have horrible defenses and we didn't do shit vs them. Play calling is not the problem, offensive identity is the issue and we still do not have one.

Lil jimmy and roadie are right. the PAC 12 sucks this year and the offense has not improved or been close to average and our team sucks. We didn't have to win the north but losing to cal and Oregon because our offense can't do anything well is pretty fucking pathetic.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    that was a tough listen.
    you guys have a tough job, arguing about the same shit over and over again has to get old.
    I do agree with Chest that just running the ball more isn't going to fix things when you still can't complete passes
  • Options
    ScarfTardFTWScarfTardFTW Member Posts: 38
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I don't get it.

I simply can't believe that Pete could have forgotten so much about coaching to have an offense this bad. Yet week after week we see this shit on the field.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Free Pub !

And I'm gonna take you up on that beer, @RoadDawg55, if you ever slum it over here in the desert.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    HuskyInAZ said:

Once again, thanks to all 3 of you for putting in the time.

Agree - good job guys
  • Options
    KoolAidManKoolAidMan Member Posts: 319
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    I could see both sides of the argument. Chest hasn't been that heated since Sark was fucking things up. Good points by all.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Great rant by chest. The offense sucks balls though. They still have yet to put up three offensive touchdowns in a conference game. Oregon and cal have horrible defenses and we didn't do shit vs them. Play calling is not the problem, offensive identity is the issue and we still do not have one.

Lil jimmy and roadie are right. the PAC 12 sucks this year and the offense has not improved or been close to average and our team sucks. We didn't have to win the north but losing to cal and Oregon because our offense can't do anything well is pretty fucking pathetic.

Lost to Boise because of the offense too. That's three games down the crapper due to the offense's ineptitude. That's sucking grandpa balls.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Road said something that really fucking depressed me. If Peterfuck wins 7-8 games a year, most years, he is here as long as he wants to be. My money is right there with Road. How fucking sad is that? This motherfucker will just keep us in the shit tier 5th or 6th Pac-12 seeded bowel every year (except this year) and basically stay for a decade. Maybe throw one 9 game win year and a Holiday bowl in there with a second place finish in the North.

Fuck. It's over.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Haven't listened to it yet, but just want to thank you guys for continuing to do the podcast. I get how repetitive it can be, but quite honestly you guys are needed in my huskie football life.

Shout out for also having the guts to say what you think Petersen is going to do going forward.

Can't wait to listen.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I understand that the team is young and Petersen hasn't been around at UW much, but that doesn't excuse his horrible in game coaching at times (which is my biggest problem with him). Whether the team is full of seniors or not, punting on 4th and 1 at the Oregon 39 and eating 7 minutes of clock on a late drive down by 14 is inexcusable.

I've watched enough football to know that coaching scared and not to lose isn't because the team is young, it's a huge flaw with the coach and Petersen definitely has that flaw. That's why I dislike him so much.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't get it.

I simply can't believe that Pete could have forgotten so much about coaching to have an offense this bad. Yet week after week we see this shit on the field.

He didn't forget. He just had success doing something, but now he's not, and he hasn't shown any sign of adapting and changing. He's going to live or die by his system. I don't think he believes the system is the problem.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,890
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Road said something that really fucking depressed me. If Peterfuck wins 7-8 games a year, most years, he is here as long as he wants to be. My money is right there with Road. How fucking sad is that? This motherfucker will just keep us in the shit tier 5th or 6th Pac-12 seeded bowel every year (except this year) and basically stay for a decade. Maybe throw one 9 game win year and a Holiday bowl in there with a second place finish in the North.

Fuck. It's over.

I agree the bar is fairly low, but Petersen wants to prove something. I never bought that he's burned out.