Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sark play calling....

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I like Petersen to beat Eastern ...

Petersen 152
    Eastern 3
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

uhh.... dude, Eastern stuffied the huskees last time, total yards 500 - 250 or so. THis year's team is about as good. What is your problemo with my analysis? Everything is totally different with Peterman?

Fucking idiot.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    Actually with the Huskees having VIRTUALLY NO EXPERIENCE IN THE D BACKFIELD and HAVING NOT MOUNTED A CONSISTENT PASS RUSH THIS MILLENIUM I am more inclined to take Eastern, which will be just as effective as the 2011 game. Not only that, but WASHINGTON HAS LOST ALL OF ITS OFFENSIVE WEAPONS from last year.
    (I'm an idiot -- but I present facts not insults)
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

Actually with the Huskees having VIRTUALLY NO EXPERIENCE IN THE D BACKFIELD and HAVING NOT MOUNTED A CONSISTENT PASS RUSH THIS MILLENIUM I am more inclined to take Eastern, which will be just as effective as the 2011 game. Not only that, but WASHINGTON HAS LOST ALL OF ITS OFFENSIVE WEAPONS from last year.

Don't feed the troll.
    not a troll. Lay some facts on me, jack. What did I miss.
    NO ASJ, NO SANKEY.
    Insults aren't a counterargument

I think you've arrived in a place where you can't tell when you're being serious or not, what you believe and don't believe. I end up there sometimes in political discussions. It happens.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Pass rush? UW was 2nd in the conference in sacks in 2013 and brings back everyone in the front 7 (ex Fuimaono) and second year guys (Qualls, Mathis, Farria, Bierra,etc) will add excellent depth. The front 7 will abuse Easterns offense.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    All caps is not a way to win an argument on this board. Time to take a step back from the keyboard and walk off the 1AA butthurt that you've kept bottled up.

NO ASJ, NO SANKEY.

How is that not a troll?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

You missed the whole concept of sample sizes and how one game it 2011 means absolutely nothing in 2014.

You're basing your whole argument on "well look what happened three years ago".

But even you know you're just trolling, which is why you're simply getting insults and not replies. You can't give an intelligent reply to a joke of an argument.

Pass rush? UW was 2nd in the conference in sacks in 2013 and brings back everyone in the front 7 (ex Fuimaono) and second year guys (Qualls, Mathis, Farria, Bierra,etc) will add excellent depth. The front 7 will abuse Easterns offense.

All right, this is at least some kind of argument. I don't think Eastern will win, by the way.

In fairness, if Eastern runs a ton of 3 step drops w/ quick throws, that would neutralize the front 7.

That being said, a secondary or LB corps paying attention to that should be able to go jump a route or two.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I'll bite even though AOG is being a trolling cunt. UW will dominate up front on both sides of the ball. Eastern can't cover Kasen, Mickens, and Ross. UW has Peters to guard Eastern's star WR.

Of UW's 85 scholarship players, at least 40 (Being very generous, probably 50-60) would start at Eastern. Eastern might have 3 or 4 who would start at UW. "Well, they beat Oregon State!" They also lost to Toledo two weeks later. It's a home game versus a good FCS team that would be Cal or Colorado if they played in the Pac 12. Compared to UW, Eastern is trash. I'm worried about beating Stanford and UCLA at home. Not Eastern.
    We shouldn't worry about beating Eastern.

But it wouldn't shock me if it was at least a semi-competitive game for a bit. You are right that we should dominate on the line.

Something like 45-20 makes sense to me.
    The huskies were a pretty good team in 2011 too. There was that whoop-up of Nebraska I saw in the bowl. Eastern had just won the national championship and schooled the huskies on all fundamentals with the severe exception of turnovers, like 0 -5. Peterman is a good coach. But, he may still need to work out the kinks of coaching at BCS mighty PAC-12 UW. Miley Cyler will be starting his first game of the year. He should be fine, but who knows? I am a little worried about the defensive backfield. I mean, look, teams are going to throw at the new guys.

ONe other thing to keep in mind, just for thought, is that EWU has far more guys as a % of team from this state than "Washington".
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

The huskies were a pretty good team in 2011 too. There was that whoop-up of Nebraska I saw in the bowl. Eastern had just won the national championship and schooled the huskies on all fundamentals with the severe exception of turnovers, like 0 -5. Peterman is a good coach. But, he may still need to work out the kinks of coaching at BCS mighty PAC-12 UW. Miley Cyler will be starting his first game of the year. He should be fine, but who knows? I am a little worried about the defensive backfield. I mean, look, teams are going to throw at the new guys.

ONe other thing to keep in mind, just for thought, is that EWU has far more guys as a % of team from this state than "Washington".

And?

dnc said:

And?

so it means the visiting team has more guys on the field from your state than the purple team.