Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sark play calling....

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
Sankey run for 15, then throw the ball. WTF

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,377 Founders Club
    I always loved the sideline fade on 3rd and 1.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,110
    Sark's playcalling really transformed once he got just outside field goal range. Because of our superior special teams coaching we would often start on our own 6 and then drive down to the opponents 45 yard line with ease. This is where Sark's ability to make adjustments really shown. My personal favorite is the 7 yard button hook pass on 3rd and 8 with the linebacker draped all over the receiver or the sweep on 3rd and 1 where the pitch would go 5 yards backwards giving the runner ample space to run sideways
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Gladstone said:

You average 6 yards/run with the best RB in CFB. With mostly the running game you march to the opposing 5. First and goal. Sideline fade out of bounds. 2nd and goal. Empty backfield 5 wide WR formation. Incomplete slant. Holding penalty. 2nd and goal again: fade incomplete. 3rd and goal at the 15 yard line: 5 yard dump pass to the RB tackled after a gain of 3 yards. 4th and goal: FG kick MISSED WIDE RIGHT

Name the game.

Fuck Sark.

Thank you for the Apple Cup dejavu.

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

1st and goal from the 3. Stanford DL huffing an puffing. Instead of giving it to Sankey, Sark calls a pass. Trent Murphy doesn't even blitz. Puts his hand up and deflects Price's pass. Ball gets picked off.

That's among his worst play calls ever.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    edited July 2014
    Gladstone said:

You average 6 yards/run with the best RB in CFB. With mostly the running game you march to the opposing 5. First and goal. Sideline fade out of bounds. 2nd and goal. Empty backfield 5 wide WR formation. Incomplete slant. Holding penalty. 2nd and goal again: fade incomplete. 3rd and goal at the 15 yard line: little dump pass to the RB tackled after a gain of 3 yards. 4th and goal: FG kick MISSED WIDE RIGHT

Name the game.

Fuck Sark.

Illinois before halftime.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

Oregon state 2 years ago. Deep in 4th quarter.... I've brought this series of play calling up so many times you girls should know what happened. Worst play calling of all time, on any level, in any sport. Sark is horrible as a playcaller, especially in crunch time situations. We've never won a game due to Sark outsmarting the opponent. His "genius offensive mind" has never won a game for us.

We just beat up on the cuntcakes like eastern washington (we all remember that gem), and get out coached by teams with similar or better talent. These are the type of games Petersen will win. All things equal or even unequal, are the games Petersen wins. Just watch!

OK, I'll bite.

Why are you so high on Sark at USC then?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,485 Swaye's Wigwam
    Everyone in the NATION knew Sark was a great play caller after the 2010 BYU game. Truly USC head coaching material, lemme tell ya
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,485 Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Oregon state 2 years ago. Deep in 4th quarter.... I've brought this series of play calling up so many times you girls should know what happened. Worst play calling of all time, on any level, in any sport. Sark is horrible as a playcaller, especially in crunch time situations. We've never won a game due to Sark outsmarting the opponent. His "genius offensive mind" has never won a game for us.

We just beat up on the cuntcakes like eastern washington (we all remember that gem), and get out coached by teams with similar or better talent. These are the type of games Petersen will win. All things equal or even unequal, are the games Petersen wins. Just watch!

Why are you so high on Sark at USC then?
    Strong medication
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I can never remember, are the occasional sane football takes on meds or off?

• ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    What excuse do you doogs assign to the dismal performance in the 2011 Eastern game? It ws Sark's fault? Are you going to roll out the same excuses this year?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

What excuse do you doogs assign to the dismal performance in the 2011 Eastern game? It ws Sark's fault? Are you going to roll out the same excuses this year?

Can't tell if trolling.
  • BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623

1st and goal from the 3. Stanford DL huffing an puffing. Instead of giving it to Sankey, Sark calls a pass. Trent Murphy doesn't even blitz. Puts his hand up and deflects Price's pass. Ball gets picked off.

And your talking about a pretty damn distinguished list of shitty play calls.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

Pressing
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,377 Founders Club
    BayDawg said:

And your talking about a pretty damn distinguished list of shitty play calls.
    The Pantheon of Shitty Calls
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    I remember in the OSU game in 2012 Danny Shelton blew someone up 20 yards behind the play on a pick, which brought back a touchdown.
    Then UW got called for a holding penalty. Then on 1st and 20 UW ran a dive up the middle then a 2 yard stick route to ASJ, which led to booing from the crowd.
    that was always my favorite