Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sark play calling....

Comments

• ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    edited July 2014
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
    Video of UW playcalling against OSU in 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZCyCQugh-o

Enjoy!!
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    the series I'm referencing begins at 12:00, starting with the penalty
  • VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    Stuffed at the goal line how many times in a row at Notre Dame?
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    To be fair on the 11 play calls from the one... Polk did score
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

What excuse do you doogs assign to the dismal performance in the 2011 Eastern game? It ws Sark's fault? Are you going to roll out the same excuses this year?

Won't be necessary.

hth

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    jecornel said:

Parallax, bitches.
    jecornel said:

dpotd
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    jecornel said:

Cmon man, after 11 chances you cannot blame the refs lol
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Enjoy!!

Watching the video reminded me that Kendyl Taylor was a decent player his freshman year. I wonder what his role will be this year. He should be a contributor.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

1st and goal from the 3. Stanford DL huffing an puffing. Instead of giving it to Sankey, Sark calls a pass. Trent Murphy doesn't even blitz. Puts his hand up and deflects Price's pass. Ball gets picked off.

That's among his worst play calls ever.
    No shit. I wanted to kick that fat cunt in his face for that call.

I think it took a dozen beezers to get past it, and that's just because I fell asleep after that.

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

1st and goal from the 3. Stanford DL huffing an puffing. Instead of giving it to Sankey, Sark calls a pass. Trent Murphy doesn't even blitz. Puts his hand up and deflects Price's pass. Ball gets picked off.

The part of that play that I enjoyed the most was the commentators afterwards talking about how fucking smart Trent Murphy was ...

FYFMFE
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

Enjoy!!

I love the hurry up offense to end the second quarter. Run, hurry up, run, hurry up, run, halftime.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Hard to not watch large portions of that OSU video and see that when running plays were called that were north/south there was a ton of success. It also is far from the best video to use as Keith Price's highlight video. Not only was he particularly terrible at recognizing when the rush was coming from, but particularly in his junior year when he had to have had post-traumatic stress you'd see instances where when he'd escape the pocket, he'd never go to a spot that was safe, reset, and then drive a throw. Instead, you'd see him run backwards as far as he could before he could throw off his back foot either out of pounds to a check down receiver.

My favorite Sark game from a play calling perspective was last year's Apple Cup. On the surface, Price's 15 of 20 wouldn't look like a bad game and when you combine his 185 in the air with Sankey's 200 on the ground, you'd like to think that it was a great called game plan. That totally misses on Price having 14 carries for 23 yards (including the game winning TD run from 2 yards out) ... because how many designed runs were ever called for Price?

dnc said:

What excuse do you doogs assign to the dismal performance in the 2011 Eastern game? It ws Sark's fault? Are you going to roll out the same excuses this year?

Won't be necessary.

hth

Probably not. I like Cyrus Miley at QB. If he had been following string out of town, it might be different. Eastern should be able to pass on the huskie D, though, returning their starting QB from last year's team that went undefeated in the BigSky and to the semi finals of the nat'l championship. But last time, it was a similar situation, too, I mean the 2011 game. The difference was eastern was slightly better and the huskys slightly worse. For all the hoopla re Peterman, keep in mind he is still unproven at this level and and will be on his first ever home game here.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

dnc said:

Won't be necessary.

hth

Probably not. I like Cyrus Miley at QB. If he had been following string out of town, it might be different. Eastern should be able to pass on the huskie D, though, returning their starting QB from last year's team that went undefeated in the BigSky and to the semi finals of the nat'l championship. But last time, it was a similar situation, too, I mean the 2011 game. The difference was eastern was slightly better and the huskys slightly worse. For all the hoopla re Peterman, keep in mind he is still unproven at this level and and will be on his first ever home game here.
    You're the worst.

dnc said:

Won't be necessary.

hth

I have to apologize. All this time I thought you were serious. Clearly this is one elaborate whoosh. No one could be this stupid. Bravo, sir.

uhh.... dude, Eastern stuffied the huskees last time, total yards 500 - 250 or so. THis year's team is about as good. What is your problemo with my analysis? Everything is totally different with Peterman?