Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why does Jordan get a pass for '95?

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I will argue that claiming the East has been so bad all 5 years is dooging at its finest. Winners win and Lebron owns the East.

Same folks claim the pac 12 doesn't suck even though oregon wins it rather easily

Jordan beat a shitty West every year other than Phoenix

Why not just let the results stand? Jordan doesn't get blamed for 95 because he was playing baseball.

Pippen claiming he was a good as Lebron is what deserves shit

I might be a homer to some degree, but the 1992 Blazers with Drexler, Porter, Kersey, and Robinson has been long considered one of the best NBA teams in history NOT to win a championship.
    The Jazz had two hall of famers and won 64 and 62 games the two years they made the finals.
    The Sonics won 63 and you said they weren't great. they had two hall of famers as well. Need to get your story straight
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I will argue that claiming the East has been so bad all 5 years is dooging at its finest. Winners win and Lebron owns the East.

Same folks claim the pac 12 doesn't suck even though oregon wins it rather easily

Why not just let the results stand? Jordan doesn't get blamed for 95 because he was playing baseball.

Being as big of fan boy of a player is kind of weird for a 60 year old man. Do you have a poster of LeBron in your bedroom too?
    That's not a counter argument, that's an admission of defeat
    Right. What are you even arguing? LeBron is as good as Jordan? The East hasn't been a dreckfest? I've said LeBron is great many times. It's undeniable, but you get butthurt over any comment that doesn't gush over him.
    If you check the facts I'm not the one who is butthurt. Your ilk gets butthurt at any mention of him
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I might be a homer to some degree, but the 1992 Blazers with Drexler, Porter, Kersey, and Robinson has been long considered one of the best NBA teams in history NOT to win a championship.
    Emphasis on not.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Pistons broke up once they lost to the Bulls. The Knicks were the Knicks. The rest of the east was non existent. The NBA has always been top heavy. It's like none of you actually watch basketball.

A 4 year old in 1991 is telling me about Jordan

Your basketball analysis consists of, "LeBron's gonna win because I really want him to."
    Or.. he wins
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lebron beat the Spurs. A better team than any one that Jordan faced
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Emphasis on not.

The Pistons broke up once they lost to the Bulls. The Knicks were the Knicks. The rest of the east was non existent. The NBA has always been top heavy. It's like none of you actually watch basketball.

Your basketball analysis consists of, "LeBron's gonna win because I really want him to."
    Or.. he wins

Easy does it with the triple posts, PLSS
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

GOT
    Because there hasn't been books and documentaries made about that time frame. ESPN Classic never replays the games either. The stats and records have been wiped clean. I wasn't aware that someone who wasn't alive for the Civil War can't be knowledgeable about it.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

GOT
    Because there hasn't been books and documentaries made about that time frame. ESPN Classic never replays the games either. The stats and records have been wiped clean. I wasn't aware that someone who wasn't alive for the Civil War can't be knowledgeable about it.
    Bro, I'm a HISTORY major, but there's no substitute for real world experience.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Let's also add that Lebron would be 1-5 if Ray Allen hadn't made arguably the most clutch shot in NBA finals history.

Dennis Dixon post of the day
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The same Spurs team that is now done despite having a much better Kawaii Leonard and added another All Star in LaMarcus Aldridge?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So a thread about Jordan in 1995 ends up about Race and Lebron and I did not make a post until it did.

Point proven
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Or.. he wins on rare occasions in the NBA Finals
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    There's a whole lot of stupid in this thread ...

Jordan was 6 of 6 in Finals.

Jordan was 6 of 9 in Eastern Finals (losing in 6 to the Magic, in 6 to the Pistons in 89 and 7 to the Pistons in 90 - both Pistons teams won the title). Those Pistons teams beat the Lakers in 4 and Blazers in 5 to win titles ... so you could very easily argue that the Bulls were the 2nd best team in the league for those years. So for those that are too busy worshipping LBJ, in 9 straight seasons where Jordan at least suited up to play in his prime, he played in the Eastern Conference Finals at minimum and the winner of that series won the title 8 of the 9 seasons.

The script says that the Bulls never beat anybody in the Finals and that the East was weak during the periods that they won those titles:

Teams beat in the Eastern Finals:

'91: 2-time defending champion Pistons (50 wins in regular season)
    '92: 57 win Cleveland team (2nd best record in East)
    '93: 60 win New York Knicks team (top seed in the East)
    '96: 60 win defending Eastern Champion Orlando
    '97: 61 win Miami Heat (2nd best record in East)
    '98: 58 win Indiana Pacers (2nd best record in East)

Teams beat in the Finals:

'91: LA Lakers (58 wins in regular season, 2nd best record in the West)
    '92: 57 win Portland (2nd Finals in 3 years; lost to Lakers in West Finals in '91 as a 63 win team)
    '93: 62 win Phoenix (best record in the league)
    '96: 64 win Seattle (top seed in the West)
    '97: 64 win Utah (top seed in the West)
    '98: 62 win Utah (top seed in the West)

The above list tells me that they pretty much played the top competition available to them on the way to the Finals.

The argument about Jordan being surrounded by so many great players is also laughable. Scottie Pippen was the PERFECT complementary player to MJ. Grant/Rodman were strong defenders/rebounders but neither would ever be confused with an offensive force. LBJ hasn't ever won shit without being surrounded by other great players. I think it's a fair argument to compare Wade vs Pippen as a better player. Bosh is certainly a better player than Grant and at worst a more well rounded player compared to Rodman. The rest of the roster was generally capable players that could fill their role. In many respects, not that much different from what LBJ expects out of his role players. Results though speak for themselves. 6-0 >>> 2-5 (which is 1-6 without the luckbox shot that Ray Allen hit in Game 6.

Moreover, when Jordan made it to the Finals, there was never serious doubt as to the winner as 5 of the 6 series ended in 6 games and the other series ended in 5 ... he never faced an elimination game in the Finals. That's unreal. What's even more unbelievable to me is that in the 6 championship years, the Bulls only faced 2 elimination games ('92 East Semi's to the Knicks and the '98 East Finals to the Pacers - both Game 7's). Talk about dominating the court and everything that goes on on that court.

There's a reason why Jordan is so universally viewed as the greatest player of all time. For as good as LBJ is, he's not anywhere close to the same ballpark.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Emphasis on not.

Or.. he wins

Easy does it with the triple posts, PLSS
    Look Freme while you and Shane play grab ass I'm going 1 on 4 and winning
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The same Spurs team that is now done despite having a much better Kawaii Leonard and added another All Star in LaMarcus Aldridge?
    There is this concept called time and it marches on
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Old Man Riverwalk is proving that time isn't that big of an issue for him ... I'm sure somewhere along the line it will catch up with him. He's basically on the Kareem track at this point ... I figure Duncan has somewhere between 2-3 years left in him if he wants it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Old Man Riverwalk is proving that time isn't that big of an issue for him ... I'm sure somewhere along the line it will catch up with him. He's basically on the Kareem track at this point ... I figure Duncan has somewhere between 2-3 years left in him if he wants it.

You missed this year's play offs?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,478
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2015
    And to think I almost didn't click "post discussion"

I've moved to a much seedier dive and have switched from bloodies to Jameson and headlands ipa.

I'll keep drinking while the slap fight ensues. LBJ is underrated by this board, but Jordan kept hall of famers from wearing rings. My initial comment was more to the point that Jordan was beaten in his prime and didn't make the finals. Any Houston fans can also call Bullshit on the claim Olajuwon only won bc Jordan wasn't there. He was, he just missed the dance.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

And to think I almost didn't click "post discussion"

I've moved to a much seedier dive and have switched from bloodies to Jameson and headlands ipa.

I'll keep drinking while the slap fight ensues. LBJ is underrated by this board, but Jordan kept hall of famers from wearing rings. My initial comment was more to the point that Jordan was beaten in his prime and didn't make the finals. Any Houston fans can also call Bullshit on the claim Olajuwon only won bc Jordan wasn't there. He was, he just missed the dance.

NBA TV had a great doc on the Rockets that took the Jordan issue on head on. As any viewer of ESPN Classic knows, the Rockets had struggled in the West during Jordan's first three. For one, they couldn't beat the Sonics. Even in 94 when they won their first title Seattle was the #1 seed. (fuck you Mutumbo)

They showed Jordan retiring and coming back and addressed his brief 1995 season. That was the year Hakeem abused the shit out of Shaq in a sweep.

The Rockets pointed to how they owned Jordan during the regular season through out those years -a true but meaningless fact.

Would have made a good finals at some point.

Jordan never beat a NBA champion after the first one against the Lakers with Magic and everyone hurt.

Not like beating a 5 time champ like the Spurs

Carry on