Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why does Jordan get a pass for '95?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Jordan played back when the NBA was relevant. LaBron is part of the reason why the NBA sucks.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,940
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited July 2015
    The '94-'95 Bulls were 47-35 and a five seed. Give Jordan credit for getting them to the second round. Off the top of my head, we're talking Pippen, Kukoc, then guys like Kerr, Bill Cartwright, and Luc Longley. Without Jordan, they're probably around .500 and an eight seed if they're lucky.

Lebron is never gonna touch Jordan. Sports radio douches just bring it up when things are slow (like this time of year). I will give Lebron credit for '07 though. Stick the 15th best SF on that team, and I doubt they win 35 games.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Doogles said:

And to think I almost didn't click "post discussion"

I've moved to a much seedier dive and have switched from bloodies to Jameson and headlands ipa.

I'll keep drinking while the slap fight ensues. LBJ is underrated by this board, but Jordan kept hall of famers from wearing rings. My initial comment was more to the point that Jordan was beaten in his prime and didn't make the finals. Any Houston fans can also call Bullshit on the claim Olajuwon only won bc Jordan wasn't there. He was, he just missed the dance.

LBJ is not underrated. He's one of the best of all time. Trying to compare him to Jordan is FS though. It's not even close.
    Disagree.

There isn't one objective measure to put LeBron above Jordan. Maybe LeBron will finish with more regular season MVP's if you want to stoop that low. But MJ had Pippen and Phil Jackson, LeBron had to play for Mike Brown, yadda, yadda. Facts are facts, boobie lips. If you want to argue that LeBron is better than Bird and Magic, I would agree.
    Actually there are quite a few. That's the fucking point.

Jordan has 6-0.

LeBron has everything else. Against better competition.

If you think the 80s-90s NBA was better than the current version, go light yourself on fire.

This isn't even a debate.
    I don't even know where to begin....
  • Options
    Founders Club

I will argue that claiming the East has been so bad all 5 years is dooging at its finest. Winners win and Lebron owns the East.

Same folks claim the pac 12 doesn't suck even though oregon wins it rather easily

Jordan beat a shitty West every year other than Phoenix

Why not just let the results stand? Jordan doesn't get blamed for 95 because he was playing baseball.

Pippen claiming he was a good as Lebron is what deserves shit

I might be a homer to some degree, but the 1992 Blazers with Drexler, Porter, Kersey, and Robinson has been long considered one of the best NBA teams in history NOT to win a championship.
    The Jazz had two hall of famers and won 64 and 62 games the two years they made the finals.
    Everybody had two hall of famers during that era.
    Hakeem and Clyde (later charles)
    Barkley and kevin johnson
    Drexler Ainge
    Payton Kemp

NBA hall of fame doesnt mean shit

There's a reason stockton and malone never won shit. They were longevity stat-compilers, but not really all that outstanding. On top of that, they were just about ready to collect their social security checks when Jordan faced hem in the finals.

WTF'd for listing Ainge and Kemp as hall of famers. Kemp may have been if cocaine hadn't have won. Ainge? You do realize he spent most of his career as a pretty good backup PG, right?
    This. Ainge was a decent shooting crybaby Mormon. He was a good role player. Nothing more.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

The '94-'95 Bulls were 47-35 and a five seed. Give Jordan credit for getting them to the second round. Off the top of my head, we're talking Pippen, Kukoc, then guys like Kerr, Bill Cartwright, and Luc Longley. Without Jordan, they're probably around .500 and an eight seed if they're lucky.

Lebron is never gonna touch Jordan. Sports radio douches just bring it up when things are slow (like this time of year). I will give Lebron credit for '07 though. Stick the 15th best SF on that team, and I doubt they win 35 games.

They won 55 games in the full season without Jordan.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

With another All Star in Horace Grant. They replaced him with Luc Longley.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

With another All Star in Horace Grant. They replaced him with Luc Longley.
    They had 3 All Stars that season. BJ Armstrong also.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Doogles said:

And to think I almost didn't click "post discussion"

I've moved to a much seedier dive and have switched from bloodies to Jameson and headlands ipa.

I'll keep drinking while the slap fight ensues. LBJ is underrated by this board, but Jordan kept hall of famers from wearing rings. My initial comment was more to the point that Jordan was beaten in his prime and didn't make the finals. Any Houston fans can also call Bullshit on the claim Olajuwon only won bc Jordan wasn't there. He was, he just missed the dance.

LBJ is not underrated. He's one of the best of all time. Trying to compare him to Jordan is FS though. It's not even close.
    Disagree.

There isn't one objective measure to put LeBron above Jordan. Maybe LeBron will finish with more regular season MVP's if you want to stoop that low. But MJ had Pippen and Phil Jackson, LeBron had to play for Mike Brown, yadda, yadda. Facts are facts, boobie lips. If you want to argue that LeBron is better than Bird and Magic, I would agree.
    Actually there are quite a few. That's the fucking point.

Jordan has 6-0.

LeBron has everything else. Against better competition.

If you think the 80s-90s NBA was better than the current version, go light yourself on fire.

This isn't even a debate.
    I don't even know where to begin....
    So you have nothing to contribute?

EVERYONE is shocked.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    In 95, the Bulls were 34-31 when Jordan returned on March 19, 1995. They went 13-4 once Jordan returned. So despite winning 55 the year before, this was a team that was significantly worse.

No matter how great a player is, he needs a team around him to win a title. The '95 Bulls weren't going to play at their peak level in so little time and they were one player short. They wouldn't have won their first three titles without Horace Grant. They wouldn't have won the second three without Dennis Rodman.

To criticize Jordan's 94-95 season is some serious pressing. Same with trying to say LeBron is better.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Doogles said:

I'm hungover as shit at the cliffhouse chugging bloody Mary's when it occurs to me, why does MJ get a pass for losing to the magic in 95?

The legend goes he won 3, retired, came back and won 3 more thus making him invincible in his prime. Reality is he came back for the final 17 games of the 95 season, averaged 30 in the eastern conference finals but lost to baby Shaq and penny.

LeBron gets shit for his finals record vs. MJ 6-0, but MJ failed to get there in his prime.

Same thing for Montana 4-0> Brady 4-2 fs.

Jordan lost to the Pistons twice and the Celtics in the playoffs too.

It's the Finals record not the conference finals record.
  • Options

I will argue that claiming the East has been so bad all 5 years is dooging at its finest. Winners win and Lebron owns the East.

Same folks claim the pac 12 doesn't suck even though oregon wins it rather easily

Why not just let the results stand? Jordan doesn't get blamed for 95 because he was playing baseball.

Being as big of fan boy of a player is kind of weird for a 60 year old man. Do you have a poster of LeBron in your bedroom too?
    That's not a counter argument, that's an admission of defeat
    Right. What are you even arguing? LeBron is as good as Jordan? The East hasn't been a dreckfest? I've said LeBron is great many times. It's undeniable, but you get butthurt over any comment that doesn't gush over him.
    If you check the facts I'm not the one who is butthurt. Your ilk gets butthurt at any mention of him
    Ilk > Minions
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Being as big of fan boy of a player is kind of weird for a 60 year old man. Do you have a poster of LeBron in your bedroom too?
    That's not a counter argument, that's an admission of defeat
    Right. What are you even arguing? LeBron is as good as Jordan? The East hasn't been a dreckfest? I've said LeBron is great many times. It's undeniable, but you get butthurt over any comment that doesn't gush over him.
    If you check the facts I'm not the one who is butthurt. Your ilk gets butthurt at any mention of him
    Ilk > Minions
    Disagree
  • Options

Kareem won one with the Bucks and lost one. Then won 5 with the Lakers and lost 3(?). 6-4 in the finals. Russell was 10-1 (GO HAWKS!!!!. Russell had to beat Wilt every year and then most of the time West and Baylor.

Magic was 5-4.

6-0 probably won't be beat except that it already is. Going forward I don't see it happening.

As I have often said, losing to Dallas is the dark stain on the legacy of Lebron. 3-3 with two of the losses at Cleveland on horrible teams and a loss to the Spurs looks a lot better.

Lebron probably has 3 years max left before he fades away in the early rounds. His max over under is

I got more than a Wei$er large on that action.