Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Some 2nd Hand Info

Comments

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Just give me Kellen Moore's FR season and I'll be happy.
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    You mean his RS FR year?
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

A buddy of mine is a high school coach. He was able to practice on Saturday for the coaches clinic. He said he went to one of the first practices too. He didn't say anything very exciting, but it's the offseason so fuck it. He's a DB coach and followed them around so most of his comments were about the DB's, WR's and QB's.

QB - We are fucked. All three made multiple bone headed decisions. He said Lindquist looked the best. We know he sucks though. Lately, we have been seeing a bunch of "well, maybe he's gotten better, he played well the first half in Hawaii, blah blah. And he probably has gotten better. But a guy that can't beat out Miles and doesn't have the coach's confidence to get a shot, even when Miles was really struggling.... It's common sense here. We know he's not any good.

He said KJ looks the part, but has terrible accuracy. Browning struggled, which is expected but I wish he came in and killed it right away. My hope is Browning develops quickly. I have only watched film, but he seems like the only QB of the 3 that has the skill set for Petersen's offense. Otherwise Petersen needs to be flexible with his offense because neither Lindquist or KJ will be consistently accurate. I don't know how to work around that without overhauling the offense, but it's what will need to be done.

I don't like already being down to plan C this year in recruiting considering we almost certainly don't have an even average Pac 12 QB at this point. Is there another Pac 12 school with a QB situation as bad as ours? I had a little doog hope that Miles was leaving because it was obvious KJ and/or Browning were going to start.

DB's were okay. Said the safeties except Budda are terrible. Corners were better. Lake told my buddy and a couple other coaches there that things would look a lot different in the fall. He was a big fan of Lake.

He thought the WR's were good. Said they would be often open but the QB would either throw to another covered guy or couldn't get the ball there accurately.

TL, DR - Our QB play is still really bad.

Lost me here. No fucking way. WR's on this team are terrible.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited April 2015
    TommySQC said:

A buddy of mine is a high school coach. He was able to practice on Saturday for the coaches clinic. He said he went to one of the first practices too. He didn't say anything very exciting, but it's the offseason so fuck it. He's a DB coach and followed them around so most of his comments were about the DB's, WR's and QB's.

QB - We are fucked. All three made multiple bone headed decisions. He said Lindquist looked the best. We know he sucks though. Lately, we have been seeing a bunch of "well, maybe he's gotten better, he played well the first half in Hawaii, blah blah. And he probably has gotten better. But a guy that can't beat out Miles and doesn't have the coach's confidence to get a shot, even when Miles was really struggling.... It's common sense here. We know he's not any good.

He said KJ looks the part, but has terrible accuracy. Browning struggled, which is expected but I wish he came in and killed it right away. My hope is Browning develops quickly. I have only watched film, but he seems like the only QB of the 3 that has the skill set for Petersen's offense. Otherwise Petersen needs to be flexible with his offense because neither Lindquist or KJ will be consistently accurate. I don't know how to work around that without overhauling the offense, but it's what will need to be done.

I don't like already being down to plan C this year in recruiting considering we almost certainly don't have an even average Pac 12 QB at this point. Is there another Pac 12 school with a QB situation as bad as ours? I had a little doog hope that Miles was leaving because it was obvious KJ and/or Browning were going to start.

DB's were okay. Said the safeties except Budda are terrible. Corners were better. Lake told my buddy and a couple other coaches there that things would look a lot different in the fall. He was a big fan of Lake.

He thought the WR's were good. Said they would be often open but the QB would either throw to another covered guy or couldn't get the ball there accurately.

You could be right. The WR's were bad last year. I think the WR's have some talent there myself. I hate Mickens because he's a doog legend, but he's an okay player. Ross is a wild card. Opinions vary on him, but he could play for any team in the country. Pettis had a nice freshman year and has potential. Lenius did little last year, but has impressed at times. Daniels is playing some WR too. Dare I say it's the strongest position group on the offense?
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    TommySQC said:

Pettis, Lenius, Mickens, and Ross > 81% of P12 WR corps
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club
    The Oklahoma State QB looked pretty good in the whatever bowl we played in last year.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    Gladstone said:

TommySQC said:

I will give you Stanford, Utah and ASU as gimmes. Now find 6 more WR corps worse than UW's:

Arizona: Cayleb Jones, David Richards, Trey Griffey, Nate Phillips, Samajie Grant, Tyrell Johnson, freshmen.

Washington State: Gabe Marks, River Cracraft, Dom Williams, Robert Lewis, etc.

Cal: Kenny Lawler, Bryce Treggs, Stephen Anderson, Darius Powe, Trevor Davis.

UCLA: Jordan Payton, Devin Fuller, Eldridge Massington, Mossi Johnson other highly recruited guys like Kenneth Walker, Broadus, Lasley that haven't seen the field yet.

Oregon State: Bolden, Jordan Villamin, Richard Mullaney, Hunter Jarmon

Oregon: Marshall, Addison, Stanford, Carrington

USC: JuJu Smith, Adoree Jackson, Steven Mitchel De'Quan Hampton, Darreus Rogers, Isaac Whitney, Isaiah Langley.

Colorado: Nelson Spruce, Shay Fields, whoever else.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,362 Swaye's Wigwam

I also think you'd have to say Brad Kayaa at Miami was pretty close to "good": 59%completion, 26/12 TD/INT, 3200 yards on a bowl team that wasn't complete dreck. Top25 national passer rating.

His mom is Felicia from the movie Friday, in case anybody cares.

Man....you would never live that down as a kid.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

I also think you'd have to say Brad Kayaa at Miami was pretty close to "good": 59%completion, 26/12 TD/INT, 3200 yards on a bowl team that wasn't complete dreck. Top25 national passer rating.

Kayaa looked really good the couple times I saw him last year. I was impressed with his first start, at night, on the road on national tv.
    Gladstone said:

TommySQC said:

Don't see what you see. Mickens is a smurf with bad hands. Ross is explosive but he either can't run routes or the QB's can find him. Hard for me to discern the two. Pettis is ok but nothing spectacular. No a game breaker. Lenius gets a bunch of FREE PUB!!1! on this bored and while he may end up a dandy I wanna see it first. For a year. If I had a nickel for every time I read a young kid was the next latest and greatest only to see him flame out and be hated two years later...well...I'd be Bill Fleenor.
    HuskyJW said:

Man....you would never live that down as a kid.

Are you new here? Pics brother Pics!

Are we done now?

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    The WR/TE group is very underrated and would be very good if the ball ever gets to them (cue Jack Parkman).

Ross has All American talent. Pettis is going to be an all-league WR before he's gone.

We've bagged on Mickens deservedly, but his game went to another level at the end of the season and its been completely unnoticed. Last 4 games he had 21 catches for 286 yards and 2 TD's plus 4 carries for 74 yards and 2 TD's.

Lenius is a talent who will only get better.

The tight ends have had a really good camp. Ajamu is looking like a threat in the red zone and Daniels could be a beast if he can take the next step this season (if not this year, then next season).

This does not include Josh Perkins who was pretty reliable last season and put up over 300 yards and 3 TD's in the last 9 games.

Other than a QB, the only thing this group is missing is a String or Kasen type who is a go-to WR who can make a play when you absolutely need it.

The WR/TE group is very underrated and would be very good if the ball ever gets to them (cue Jack Parkman).

Ross has All American talent. Pettis is going to be an all-league WR before he's gone.

We've bagged on Mickens deservedly, but his game went to another level at the end of the season and its been completely unnoticed. Last 4 games he had 21 catches for 286 yards and 2 TD's plus 4 carries for 74 yards and 2 TD's.

Lenius is a talent who will only get better.

The tight ends have had a really good camp. Ajamu is looking like a threat in the red zone and Daniels could be a beast if he can take the next step this season (if not this year, then next season).

This does not include Josh Perkins who was pretty reliable last season and put up over 300 yards and 3 TD's in the last 9 games.

Other than a QB, the only thing this group is missing is a String or Kasen type who is a go-to WR who can make a play when you absolutely need it.

Put your purple-colored glasses down and look at the list of Pac 12 WR corps I posted above.

Which ones are worse than UW?
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    I'd say the Beavs and Buffs are no better than UW's group. Then the coogs...are their WRs better or do they play in a fucktarded system whose sole purpose is to generate stats for QBs/WRs?

I'd say the Beavs and Buffs are no better than UW's group. Then the coogs...are their WRs better or do they play in a fucktarded system whose sole purpose is to generate stats for QBs/WRs?

We don't have any WRs who have played at a level anywhere close to Spruce, Bolden, Marks or Cracraft.

Ross has the potential to be elite...hopefully he puts it together because nobody else on the roster is going to.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Freemont, UW has 3 returning starters at WR, and the TE's will interchange at WR. You do the math. Remove your head from your cunt and back to Kim's hind teat. Obviously you've been grapewashed by his crowd.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,612
    Well at least our WR corp will be better than last year's because KW was never the same after his injury and DiAndre Campbell was nice to have for depth but was a JAG.

Now:

-Mickens (loads of experience, really a #2 WR but can get open)

-Ross (can concentrate solely on WR, healthy knee, true JR, blazing speed / acceleration for a deep threat so get it done!!!1!!!!@!1!!!!)

-Pettis (loved what I saw from him in 2014 but can he emerge as a #1 WR or is his ceiling more of a #2?)

-Lenius (6'5" target and liked what I saw from him in 2014...he has the ceiling of a #1 WR but will he develop fast enough?)

-#5 WR is either SR Marvin Hall (speed but small) or true frosh Isaiah Renfro (good size for a true frosh at 6'1" 185 lbs, or McClatcher who has could be a nightmare to defend).

Freemont, UW has 3 returning starters at WR, and the TE's will interchange at WR. You do the math. Remove your head from your cunt and back to Kim's hind teat. Obviously you've been grapewashed by his crowd.

So we are losing two crappy starters while returning 3? Why don't you do the math and tell me how many WRs can start per game and whether that number is higher or lower than the number of years your mancrush is going to last at USC.