Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Some 2nd Hand Info

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,041 Founders Club
    Meek said:

sounds like quite a nationally relevant program we've seen built over the last 15 years.

You act like 0-12 never happened!
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279

I think most positions are in okay shape and will improve consistently. But I agree that QB play is going to be the deciding factor and might limit the appearance of progress that is made at most other positions. The reports that KJ is throwing picks and couldn't beat out Lindquist right away are definitely troubling.

I just can't believe Lindquist is that bad if he is. If he is the guy they should have him be a running QB and mix in high percentage throws and then deep bombs, which he actually is good at throwing.

I remember the recruiting book on Samuels was very Lindquist-ish. Built like a tank, above average athlete for a QB, very strong arm, but was in an offense that didn't throw the ball a whole lot, and probably was going to be a project in terms of a drop back passer.

It seems pretty obvious that Browning has to be the guy for UW, maybe not next year, but in short order he has to be a top 4 or 5 QB in the Pac12.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    when OKGQB emerges... we'll know.

We'll *all* know.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

I'll wait til fall to pass judgement on Paus, Bonnell, and DuRocher

Spellchezch.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

OZONE said:

1 in 4 odds that Cyler is back as your starting QB in the fall.

Didn't he miss out spring last year too... and was till the best you guys had?

In Columbus more guys hold hands than male females, and this is no exaggeration
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,821 Founders Club
    Cody Pickett was 2-0 as a starter over Oregon. Paus came off the bench in the last win over Oregon early this century
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,612
    CFB officials are going to put more emphasis on calling illegal-man downfield (OL can't be 5 yards down field engaging LBs on play-actions anymore, which screws with the LBs reads on running plays too) so trying to cover up bad QB play by going the Dick Rod route won't help as much as before.

Let's admit it, we have no idea who is going to start the 1st game of the season. To be fair to KJCS though, he's still technically in his true frosh year.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited April 2015
    Hackenberg was amazing as a true frosh at Penn State. The pocket awareness, football IQ alone was light years above anything Miles displayed. Why the fuck can't Browning follow? I have not ruled it out.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Doogles said:

HFNY said:

CFB officials are going to put more emphasis on calling illegal-man downfield (OL can't be 5 yards down field engaging LBs on play-actions anymore, which screws with the LBs reads on running plays too) so trying to cover up bad QB play by going the Dick Rod route won't help as much as before.

Let's admit it, we have no idea who is going to start the 1st game of the season. To be fair to KJCS though, he's still technically in his true frosh year.

To be fair to Browning, he should be chillin in Folsom getting ready to take down the prom queen.
    valid poont, but he made a good decision. i'd gtfo of high school asap too for the uni pussy. "i play qb on the football team" has to be the #1 pussy slaying phrase at a party or dorm events.
    YBE

College pussy is the best pussy.

Most HS chicks couldn't fuck their way out of a wet paper bag.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

Doogles said:

HFNY said:

To be fair to Browning, he should be chillin in Folsom getting ready to take down the prom queen.
    valid poont, but he made a good decision. i'd gtfo of high school asap too for the uni pussy. "i play qb on the football team" has to be the #1 pussy slaying phrase at a party or dorm events.
    Freshman orientation he's receiving early means he'll be sorting, not recruiting this fall
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

Doogles said:

HFNY said:

YBE

Sure college had more variety.. but apparently you didn't attend HS with a well-skilled latina population.

T's and P's.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,623 Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

HFNY said:

Freshman orientation he's receiving early means he'll be sorting, not recruiting this fall
    Abundance
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    MisterEm said:

Doogles said:

HFNY said:

YBE

Sure college had more variety.. but apparently you didn't attend HS with a well-skilled latina population.

T's and P's.
    This made me el oh el.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited April 2015

Hackenberg was amazing as a true frosh at Penn State. The pocket awareness, football IQ alone was light years above anything Miles displayed. Why the fuck can't Browning follow? I have not ruled it out.

Hackenberg was okay. Most of his hype comes from his talent and high school ranking. He hasn't overwhelmed at Penn State so far and threw 12 TD's and 15 INT's last year.

I can't remember the last time a true freshman QB was good. I've seen some that have held their own like Hackenberg, Barkey, the guy from Miami last year. But what true freshman was a legitimately good QB? Maybe Pryor? Tebow was good, but his role was pretty limited.

Edit: Took a quick look and Chad Henne was very good as a true freshman.

When you factor in the OL and Jonathon Smith, I'd put it at maybe 10% that UW gets league average QB play.
    Goff put up some decent stats 3500 yards. 18/10 TD:INT 60% completion. His team was terrible though (Juan N. Eleven)

Josh Rosen is already putting boners in sweatpants in Westwood with his spring performance so far. He's 99.81% likely to start and I think he'll put up a very good season (more or less Goff like numbers).
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

Goff put up some decent stats 3500 yards. 18/10 TD:INT 60% completion. His team was terrible though (Juan N. Eleven)

Josh Rosen is already putting boners in sweatpants in Westwood with his spring performance so far. He's 99.81% likely to start and I think he'll put up a very good season (more or less Goff like numbers).

edited April 2015
    I also think you'd have to say Brad Kayaa at Miami was pretty close to "good": 59%completion, 26/12 TD/INT, 3200 yards on a bowl team that wasn't complete dreck. Top25 national passer rating.

His mom is Felicia from the movie Friday, in case anybody cares.