Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HHB Glossary of Terms

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    _______________'s a good guy.
  • Options
    trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited July 2013

lmao...great list...one of the acronyms would be appreciated ..I know about 60-70% of them but only visited hhbv 1 about 20 x, and missed a lot of the fagman drama from 2004 to 2008..just wasn't a reg..

I'll get this one started. As far as the origins of them, that will have to be a Pit historian. But when it doubt, credit Harvey Road.

HTH - Hope this helps
    HRYK - He's right, you know. (Variations yryk - you're right...iryk - i'm right...ykir - you know i'm right, etc)
    WDWHA - We didn't want him anyway
    FYAAWRITPADOO - Fuck you and all who revel in the pain and displeasure* of others. Isn't used here, but should be. DM.c's own ReggieIsGod/PeterNorthDawg authored this gem the same night APAG got into it with Grandpa Jensen. Huh?
    LRR - Lather, rinse, repeat
    LMB - lick my balls
    GMS - gargle my sack
    FO,G - Fuck off, Glove

fo, g
  • Options

Given that multiple newcomers have expressed confusion to me about what the regulars here are sometimes talking about, I thought it would be helpful to construct a glossary of terms for reference.
    Please feel free to add and amend as needed.

Doog
    An alleged Husky fan who is obsessed with Oregon. Would like to see Oregon lose as much (or more than) seeing Washington win. The UW equivalent of a Coog.

It's also over-the-top excitement for anything that is currently happening in the program, regardless of what it is. Kick ass pressers, FREE PUB!, incremental progress, best recruiter in the nation, best assistants in the nation, molder of men, five tough questions, no rap music at practice, rap music at practice, finally a coach with discipline, finally players coach, Gilby/Ty/Sark is a breath of fresh air....

What I'm hearing...
    Origin: Kim Grinolds / Dawgman.com
    Explanation: Always the manner in which Grinolds trumpets "inside information" to his subscribers. Over time, this became a source of ridicule because of the astonishingly high degree of inaccuracy of his information.

Awfully warm for February
    Origin: Kim Grinolds
    Explanation: Used as a means to belittle anyone trying to criticize Steve Sarkisian's recruiting throughout the year.

I haven't moved!!
    Origin: Race Bannon and the Husky Half Brain Podcast
    Explanation: During times of notoriously bad phone reception, Race would shout this at co-host iDawg. This eventually led to jokes about iDawg operating with a 24k modem and Race owning an oversized Yugoslavian phone from the 1970s.

It was funny the first 23 times.. Now, not so much...
    Origin: Kim Grinolds and Mike Damone
    Explanation: Kim Grinolds' means of telling Mike Damone that his repetitive jokes were wearing thin

Popping off
    Origin: Washington-Oregon rivalry
    Explanation: As Oregon passed Washington in football status, Husky fans could always rely on telling Duck fans to "go win a Rose Bowl then pop off." Over time, this morphed into millions of different interchangeable uses.

Belly laughs in the media room
    Origin: Ruth Robbins
    Explanation: During the heyday of the original Husky Half Brains site, Ruth Robbins of RealDawg became a regular for several weeks. As a means of belittling the HHB crowd, she spoke of some aspect of HHB being a subject of big belly laughs in the media room.

You think you know, but you don't
    Explanation: As Half Brains would get into debates with Ruth, she would counter by telling them their sources were no good.

I have all the screenshots I need
    Explanation: As Ruth made her departure from the HHB boards, her parting shot was to taunt the crowd by saying "I have all the screen shots I need." One of the most beloved HHBisms of all time.

If A happens it'll be interesting, but if B happens it'll also be interesting
    Explanation: After telling his subscribers for two years that his sources were indicating that the NCAA would drop the hammer on Oregon, the Ducks escaped with barely a slap on the wrist. As the HHB crowd began crowing about this catastrophically embarrassing "What I'm hearing" gone awry, Grinolds began amending his posts and hedging his bets when giving out subsequent new inside info.

If you want to be critical about (fill in the blank) that's fine, but if you're going to be negative, you're gone
    Explanation: Grinolds' illogical means of trying to sound like free speech was allowed on his message boards, when in reality they weren't

Hot Blonde Oregon Intern
    Explanation: One of Grinolds' sources he met at the VMAC that gave him inside information about the NCAA's imminent decision to drop the hammer on Oregon

If you like your (Fill in the blank), you can keep it
    Origin: President Barack Obama
    Explanation: Obama infamously and falsely promised,"If you like your current insurance plan, you can keep it." This has morphed into many Half Brain uses. A particular favorite of Race Bannon.

Meet me at the 7-11 on Aurora in the U-District
    Origin: Unknown
    Explanation: A non-existent location for internet tuff guys to meet for fist fights and brawling

SAY IT TO HIS FACE!!!1!!!
    Origin: brents (RIP)
    Explanation: A common refrain from the late dawgman poster brents, directed toward anyone saying something critical of someone else on the interwebs

Work in progress (Still to come):

81%
    It's what I like to do
    Tierbs Hsot Boobs
    Playing in (fill in the blank) is always special
    Incremental progress
    Grossly inappropriate
    Playing with House Money
    Lewis County Hairdressers
    Walking past Butler Cabin in the moonlight
    Not a traditional sellout
    Roaming the sidelines
    Stan Emptermann
    We didn't want him anyway
    I'm going to get in trouble today
    Concerns about altitude
    Classy poast
    Five Reasons
    Race Bannon has done it again!!
    Sexual tension at end of podcast

This list is incomplete without "Later Guys"

• Options

lmao...great list...one of the acronyms would be appreciated ..I know about 60-70% of them but only visited hhbv 1 about 20 x, and missed a lot of the fagman drama from 2004 to 2008..just wasn't a reg..

I'll get this one started. As far as the origins of them, that will have to be a Pit historian. But when it doubt, credit Harvey Road.

HTH - Hope this helps
    HRYK - He's right, you know. (Variations yryk - you're right...iryk - i'm right...ykir - you know i'm right, etc)
    FYAAWRITPADOO - Fuck you and all who revel in the pain and disappointment of others. Isn't used here, but should be. DM.c's own ReggieIsGod/PeterNorthDawg authored this gem the same night APAG got into it with Grandpa Jensen. Huh?
    LMB - lick my balls
    GMS - gargle my sack
    F, OG - Fuck off, Glove

displeasure, not disappointment.

hth
    lmb
    gms
    gfy
  • Options
    7-11, Aurora, U-dist

started on the pit, when some phucktard(hills) said that auroras was in the u-dist.

i told him, i'd meet him there.
  • Options
    TheGlove said:

HTH - Hope this helps
    FYAAWRITPADOO - Fuck you and all who revel in the pain and disappointment of others. Isn't used here, but should be. DM.c's own ReggieIsGod/PeterNorthDawg authored this gem the same night APAG got into it with Grandpa Jensen. Huh?
    LMB - lick my balls
    GMS - gargle my sack
    F, OG - Fuck off, Glove

hth
    lmb
    gms
    gfy
    mitten

• Options

TheGlove said:

HTH - Hope this helps
    LMB - lick my balls
    GMS - gargle my sack
    F, OG - Fuck off, Glove

hth
    lmb
    gms
    gfy
    mitten

isfryk
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    TheGlove said:

7-11, Aurora, U-dist

started on the pit, when some phucktard(hills) said that auroras was in the u-dist.

i told him, i'd meet him there.

I thought the Aurora was in the U-District joke started on Doogman. I definitely didn't start that one.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,298
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

HTH - Hope this helps
    FYAAWRITPADOO - Fuck you and all who revel in the pain and displeasure* of others. Isn't used here, but should be. DM.c's own ReggieIsGod/PeterNorthDawg authored this gem the same night APAG got into it with Grandpa Jensen. Huh?
    LMB - lick my balls
    GMS - gargle my sack
    FO,G - Fuck off, Glove

fo, g
    SEBAR

Sundodger Every Board Always Retarded
  • Options
    Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Others:

Heat from the edge, and push up the middle.

Well developed hips and thighs.
  • Options
    Mooser42 said:

Others:

A related one:

NOW THAT IS SOME MAJOR BEEF HITTING THE HOLE!
  • Options

Mooser42 said:

Others:

A related one:

NOW THAT IS SOME MAJOR BEEF HITTING THE HOLE!
    don't forget steak and sizzle.
  • Options
    Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    BAMAdawg10BAMAdawg10 Member Posts: 145
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    One of my favorite Eklund spinoffs: Just because he said it publicly doesn't mean it's true. He may just be announcing publicly to get (insert team/coach here) off his back while he makes his actual decision.
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam

Don't forget "hard working, blue collar, classy kid" = sucky white player

A Steve Largent type.

Or.......natural talent who needs to work on the mental aspect = Black
    Racking my brain trying to think of a good description for Juan Garcia
  • Options
    section8 said:

Don't forget "hard working, blue collar, classy kid" = sucky white player

A Steve Largent type.

Or.......natural talent who needs to work on the mental aspect = Black
    Racking my brain trying to think of a good description for Juan Garcia
    Axe NupeDawg

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    "If you want to criticize ____ thats fine but is you are going to bash ____ then i'm out" ??
  • Options
    Some additions from a dearly departed dear, dear friend of HardcoreHusky:

Pea Patch
    The Committee
    Digital compression
    more x, less y
    X's and O's
    CLENDON, HELP!
    Staff!! True?
    X and I had a good laugh at this post.