Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Petersen's comments...presented without comment

12346»

Comments

• EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,131

brchco12 said:

this is why oregon fans are fags, they dont show up until after the game

EwaDawg said:

AZDuck said:

I just want to be clear, I'm not out there on the limb with Canard. I just don't think he's as full of shit as some people out here (Hi Kim!).

Canard went full retard when he said 0regon was smart to ensure continued mediocrity by promoting sling blade as HC instead of hiring Petersen.

Then he compares the results of a new coach (with a new system) to an assistant who was promoted from within.

Blowing shit up and starting over will take longer than making a quick fix.

Hellfrick may have already peaked with his two losses per year. Yet, Pete is a failure because he lost two games in his first (half) year at UW when the team lost four the prior year.

Canard FS. No other way to put it.
    Slingblade 1
    CoachPeeth 0

Coach Pete 2
    Slingblade 1

You can't take away Peteman's wins as HC just because your assistant has been named interim head coach.

• PDXDuckFanPDXDuckFan Member Posts: 450
    EwaDawg said:

brchco12 said:

this is why oregon fans are fags, they dont show up until after the game

EwaDawg said:

AZDuck said:

I just want to be clear, I'm not out there on the limb with Canard. I just don't think he's as full of shit as some people out here (Hi Kim!).

Canard went full retard when he said 0regon was smart to ensure continued mediocrity by promoting sling blade as HC instead of hiring Petersen.

Then he compares the results of a new coach (with a new system) to an assistant who was promoted from within.

Blowing shit up and starting over will take longer than making a quick fix.

Hellfrick may have already peaked with his two losses per year. Yet, Pete is a failure because he lost two games in his first (half) year at UW when the team lost four the prior year.

Canard FS. No other way to put it.
    Slingblade 1
    CoachPeeth 0

Coach Pete 2
    Slingblade 1

You can't take away Peteman's wins as HC just because your assistant has been named interim head coach.

Technically it would be 1-1, since Helfrich didn't start coaching at UO until 2009. DOOOOOOG gonna Doog...
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Swaye said:

This thread started strong. Now it's like a slap fight. For retards.

I hope you don't have retards.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

I don't plan to procreate. Praise Allah.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

Swaye said:

I don't plan to procreate. Praise Allah.
    Just trying to bait @Passion into this retard slap fight

• mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    Some of you guys are really fucking stupid.

Sark suddenly left us with a loaded team after 5 years of not recruiting well?

Peterson should be able to beat Oregon in Oregon by game 7 because, well just because we really want him to?

LIFPO

Jeez

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,888 Founders Club
    Canard said:

Tequilla said:

My head hurts after reading this thread ...

Biggest fucktarded statement of the day is thinking that paying attention to details is something that you can teach overnight ... just doesn't happen that way.

The military does it within months all of the time. You jump out of a plane at Fort Bragg and you stand a good chance of your parachute having been rigged by some PFC on the job less than a year. Sure, the soldier is supervised by someone else ultimately accountable, but that shit is called coaching in other contexts.

It's not impossible to rapidly train someone to life and death levels of responsibility, it's just difficult. Charles DeGaulle had a saying, "The graveyards are full of indispensible men," meaning that you do what you must with who you have, not wallow in excuses about who ain't there.

Requiring special people or oodles of time to become highly effective in football when a roster has bright spots of talent available should be a major cause for concern. Oh well, your problem.
    As HH's senior military correspondent, I disagree and say you're a fucktard because you're comparing apples to refrigerators. A PFC packing a chute (rigger please!) does that one thing repeatedly. The only competitions for his time and attention are beer and pussy.

Compare that to a college football player who is learning the playbook, thinking about beer and pussy and also concerned about school (or concerned about someone going to school for him).
  • CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    And the private is prolly smarter than the average CTE case.
  • FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    thechatch said:

At least you have a coach that takes a little ownership for the product on the field. We are just so young. Some calls didn't go our way. We just have a lot of injuries. We were 0-12 tour years ago. The weather was definitely a factor. We are a couple of calls away from being a 10 win team.

God that shit got fucking old.

And I'm a duck.

Gawd yes. I remember thinking that no team, even the Huskies, should be treated with such disrespect and by their coach no less. He treated the team and fans like fools. Damn.