Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Petersen's comments...presented without comment

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    My head hurts after reading this thread ...

Biggest fucktarded statement of the day is thinking that paying attention to details is something that you can teach overnight ... just doesn't happen that way.
  • CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    Tequilla said:

Biggest fucktarded statement of the day is thinking that paying attention to details is something that you can teach overnight ... just doesn't happen that way.

The military does it within months all of the time. You jump out of a plane at Fort Bragg and you stand a good chance of your parachute having been rigged by some PFC on the job less than a year. Sure, the soldier is supervised by someone else ultimately accountable, but that shit is called coaching in other contexts.

It's not impossible to rapidly train someone to life and death levels of responsibility, it's just difficult. Charles DeGaulle had a saying, "The graveyards are full of indispensible men," meaning that you do what you must with who you have, not wallow in excuses about who ain't there.

Requiring special people or oodles of time to become highly effective in football when a roster has bright spots of talent available should be a major cause for concern. Oh well, your problem.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Canard,

We're not talking about the military here ... we're talking about athletes.

How often do you see PROFESSIONAL players that fail to grasp the details?
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Canard said:

Tequilla said:

The military does it within months all of the time. You jump out of a plane at Fort Bragg and you stand a good chance of your parachute having been rigged by some PFC on the job less than a year. Sure, the soldier is supervised by someone else ultimately accountable, but that shit is called coaching in other contexts.

It's not impossible to rapidly train someone to life and death levels of responsibility, it's just difficult. Charles DeGaulle had a saying, "The graveyards are full of indispensible men," meaning that you do what you must with who you have, not wallow in excuses about who ain't there.

Requiring special people or oodles of time to become highly effective in football when a roster has bright spots of talent available should be a major cause for concern. Oh well, your problem.
    What the fuck are you blabbering about? Sounding like AoG.
    edited October 2014
    topdawgnc said:

Canard said:

topdawgnc said:

Bob Stoops and Nick Saban went 7-6 his first year.

You're seriously suggesting that CP is Saban or Stoops caliber? Or that UW has the recruiting brand power for a quick move into national prominence on par with Bama or Oklahoma?

How's the marijuana grow going?
    You're a fucking donkey.

Peterman has earned the right to be in the same conversations as Saban and Stoops regarding caliber. 92-12 fucking means something in today's world. So does wins over Stoops, and Kelly.

Washington has facilities, education, and location to be a competitor. Even a donkey like you knows that ... it's the very reason you lurk around here showing your 2 inches of thunder. You know if Washington every gets serious again it could be a good rivalry. The problem is the dumb fucks who think Lockner is a good QB and Sark is a good coach ....
    92-12 mostly compiled in the minors makes you a AAAA phenom, not a major league hall of fame playa. The grinds and seasonal attrition are in no way comparable between the top level and the also ran level. In many ways that matter in big boy football, CCP is next to untested.

Pete does it week in and out going forward posting a .750+ win rate, (while also closeting the plunger that chased Sark around), and I'll be the first to recant my heresy.

But if you can't see the Sark Stank as a watery version the of Owen-12 excuse for Seven, well no helping and all.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,131
    Tequilla said:

Too short, did read.

Tequilla, who stole your log in?

And, BTW, for once I agree. But when you make as many fucktarded statements as Canard, one of them has to be the most fucktarded. Its just math.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,587
    Wasn't Petersen's record vs. BCS teams something like 10-3 in his time at BSU? He also had a winning record against top 25 teams. I'm just not sure how C'Tard can explain that away

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Canard said:

topdawgnc said:

Canard said:

topdawgnc said:

You're seriously suggesting that CP is Saban or Stoops caliber? Or that UW has the recruiting brand power for a quick move into national prominence on par with Bama or Oklahoma?

You're a fucking donkey.

Peterman has earned the right to be in the same conversations as Saban and Stoops regarding caliber. 92-12 fucking means something in today's world. So does wins over Stoops, and Kelly.

Washington has facilities, education, and location to be a competitor. Even a donkey like you knows that ... it's the very reason you lurk around here showing your 2 inches of thunder. You know if Washington every gets serious again it could be a good rivalry. The problem is the dumb fucks who think Lockner is a good QB and Sark is a good coach ....
    92-12 mostly compiled in the minors makes you a AAAA phenom, not a major league hall of fame playa. The grinds and seasonal attrition are in no way comparable between the top level and the also ran level. In many ways that matter in big boy football, CPC is next to untested.

Pete does it week in and out going forward posting a .750+ win rate, (while also closeting the plunger that chased Sark around), and I'll be the first to recant my heresy.

But if you can't see the Sark Stank as a watery version the of Owen-12 excuse for Seven, well no helping and all.
    That's why every coach who is employed by a mid major is 92-12.

Dude ...

You're a donkey. Quit while you're a head.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    topdawgnc said:

Canard said:

topdawgnc said:

Canard said:

topdawgnc said:

You're a fucking donkey.

92-12 mostly compiled in the minors makes you a AAAA phenom, not a major league hall of fame playa. The grinds and seasonal attrition are in no way comparable between the top level and the also ran level. In many ways that matter in big boy football, CPC is next to untested.

Dude ...

You're a donkey. Quit while you're a head behind
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    Canard said:

Tequilla said:

So you're trying to compare college where there are restricted hours you can practice, watch film, and talk to your players to an environment where 24 hours a day you're told what you can do, when you can shit, and essentially when it's okay to breathe? goooooooood analogy.

Kids get to go home at the end of practice and do other things(sometimes not so conducive with details). If coaches could go full military i'm guessing the detail which you maintain is easy, would be easy. Other than that, you have no clue what you're talking about
    Tequilla said:

Canard,

The Army regularly takes guys you wouldn't trust to tie their own shoes and turns them into ass kicking name takers. It is done precisely by hammering on ceaselessly about attention to detail. They still have a ton of fucktards, like the Huskies would still have, but some would excel despite their pedigree.

My issue regarding UW football is shouldn't someone, somewhere on the UW offense being showing some continuous grasp of "the details" by now?

I am on the record as wanting this series to become competitive again. Stanford's self-imposed constraints, small fan base, and Shaw's hyper conservatism all but ensures they can't sustain a regularly elite level. The P12N needs our annual game to be on par with OU-TX or what UM-tOSU was when it was relevant or this division eventually gets overshadowed by the LA centered one. The North can't become Oregon and the five clown shows, as much fun as being the PNW champ forever might be, because non-competitiveness everywhere else in the division eventually undermines the national perception of the Ducks too. Were you atop the current division since its inception, maybe you'd want Cal to suck less hard, but you'd need someone to more or less permanently step up as your foil. I'm selfishishly hoping you get your shit together so that our game is intriguing rather than a foregone conclusion.

Is Pete the guy to put this series back on the map? Maybe, but his early returns aren't very encouraging because your wins this season are rooted in very crappy performances (save for Cal), over a very undaunting series of losers (including Cal.) At $3.5 million per I'd be pissed by how early the plunger took the stage last Saturday. As it stands, I was pleased.

Let's just say I thought I was going to see something a lot different from what Sark was putting on the field, in terms of all out effort if nothing else, and it's just not that distinct at all.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,587
    It's also becoming patently clear that Bishop Sankey, ASJ, Kevin Smith, Keith Price, and a healthy Kasen Williams made the OL look a lot better than it really is. Not having Riva sucks but Hatchie is just decent, Charles has regressed after added 10-15 pounds of belly fat, Tanigawa is just decent, Atoe is subpar, especially for his size, and Coleman Shelton needed another year in the weigh room before playing a bunch of snaps (let alone starting 6 games).

If Miles starts, I imagine it is because Petersen doesn't want to pull the rug out from under his starter without giving him at least 2 more quarters (and at home) for one last chance to prove himself. I guess the positive is that Petersen / Smith should feel more comfortable running Miles more because Troy Williams now has real-time experience and probably won't shit the bed if Miles goes out again.

Is it unfathomable or could it actually be that, despite returning just Dexter Charles and Coleman Shelton (pretty much played the whole season so far), the OL could be better in 2015 with another year of development and another year of getting coached up by Strausser? Eldrenkamp is supposed to be the heir-apparent at LT, Charles will be back at LG, Crane or Tunfunga at Center, Brostek or Kirkland at RG, and Coleman Shelton back at RT? Matt James was reasonably recruited out of high school but one has to imagine he needs at least another year in the weight room before seeing the field against Pac-12 teams.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,131
    topdawgnc said:

Canard said:

topdawgnc said:

Canard said:

topdawgnc said:

You're a fucking donkey.

Dude ...

You're a donkey. Quit while you're SO FAR BEHIND you think you're ahead.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Canard said:

Tequilla said:

Canard,

The Army regularly takes guys you wouldn't trust to tie their own shoes and turns them into ass kicking name takers. It is done precisely by hammering on ceaselessly about attention to detail. They still have a ton of fucktards, like the Huskies would still have, but some would excel despite their pedigree.

My issue regarding UW football is shouldn't someone, somewhere on the UW offense being showing some continuous grasp of "the details" by now?

I am on the record as wanting this series to become competitive again. Stanford's self-imposed constraints, small fan base, and Shaw's hyper conservatism all but ensures they can't sustain a regularly elite level. The P12N needs our annual game to be on par with OU-TX or what UM-tOSU was when it was relevant or this division eventually gets overshadowed by the LA centered one. The North can't become Oregon and the five clown shows, as much fun as being the PNW champ forever might be, because non-competitiveness everywhere else in the division eventually undermines the national perception of the Ducks too. Were you atop the current division since its inception, maybe you'd want Cal to suck less hard, but you'd need someone to more or less permanently step up as your foil. I'm selfishishly hoping you get your shit together so that our game is intriguing rather than a foregone conclusion.

Is Pete the guy to put this series back on the map? Maybe, but his early returns aren't very encouraging because your wins this season are rooted in very crappy performances (save for Cal), over a very undaunting series of losers (including Cal.) At $3.5 million per I'd be pissed by how early the plunger took the stage last Saturday. As it stands, I was pleased.

Let's just say I thought I was going to see something a lot different from what Sark was putting on the field, in terms of all out effort if nothing else, and it's just not that distinct at all.
    disagree
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I don't care about coach speak. Peterman will always talk about details and getting better, even if we ever become an elite program. The Oregon game sucked, but take some walks with the wives/boyfriends and regain some perspective. Second guessing, venting, and offering arm chair analysis is what we do, but 10 wins has been the mostly agreed upon goal. It wasn't "Beat Oregon, Nothing Else Matters."
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Doogles said:

Canard is spiraling out of control in this thread.

Did he really just compare living in barracks 24/7 training to kill to a college athlete living in dorms with practice hour restrictions, classes, and social life?

Holee Fuck.

He's been out over his skis for awhile now.
    HFNY said:

Wasn't Petersen's record vs. BCS teams something like 10-3 in his time at BSU? He also had a winning record against top 25 teams. I'm just not sure how C'Tard can explain that away

10-3 over the course of eight fucking seasons.

That's putting in work. Many teams will duplicate that record inside of this one season.

I laugh at the 92-12 record because all of the bright spots in it are in September or January.

Lots of d-1 coaches would kill it prepping for one BCS foe all summer and the other (only in some years) during all of December, with eleven+ functional bye weeks in between.